Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think will be the first item on the Republican presidential agenda?
Start another costly war of choice 8 11.27%
Give another few trillion of taxpayer dollars to the bankers 2 2.82%
Raise taxes on everyone who makes less than $250,000 a year to fund yet another generous tax break for wealthy patrons 23 32.39%
Abolish Social Security and Medicare 10 14.08%
Make waterboarding of U.S. citizens undergoing routine interrogations by the police legal 0 0%
Outlaw abortion 1 1.41%
Abolish the federal minimum wage 2 2.82%
Other (please explain) 25 35.21%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 02:33 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,662,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Simply stated, listen to each candidate and you can clearly understand what are their motives and agendas.
I think you're right. A Romney or Cain administration would focus on selling off the country to bankers and corporate types, while a Santorum or Gingrich administration would probably focus on embroiling the country in costly, useless wars. I guess I should have included a "Round up all the gays in concentration camps" choice on the off chance that Bachmann is elected. Agreed about Paul too ... he's the only decent one of the bunch who would put the interests of the country and American people first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 02:38 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,344,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What do you think will be the first item on his her agenda? If you think it is something other than the poll choices, feel free to explain.
Moron Lib

Old 11-16-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Moron Lib
Rik, this post violates the TOS and will earn you an infraction. I don't really care if you attack me, but why take the time to post a two-word slur? Either elaborate your own thoughts on the matter (that's why I included an "other" choice) or ignore the thread. I personally think these choices pretty much capture the Republican agenda to a tee.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:46 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,414,718 times
Absolutely nothing will change. Just like nothing changed when Obama succeeded Bush. Some small things change (more for public consumption & perception), but nothing changes as far as the "meat-n-potatos" of how we operate. Things would change if Ron Paul won, but that is why he is only given marginal attention (lest he actually catch on) and (also) - when it comes down to it - people are largely scared of real change. They will suffer through the known evil rather than take a chance on real change.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:49 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,514,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Jobs.

Businesses will start hiring because they know libs wont be stealing their profits and spending it on useless projects like they have the last 3 years.
Name one new tax that has been imposed on businesses in the last three years.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:53 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,344,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Rik, this post violates the TOS and will earn you an infraction. I don't really care if you attack me, but why take the time to post a two-word slur? Either elaborate your own thoughts on the matter (that's why I included an "other" choice) or ignore the thread. I personally think these choices pretty much capture the Republican agenda to a tee.
You are just trying to antagonize conservatives. That is against the TOS too.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
You are just trying to antagonize conservatives. That is against the TOS too.
Not true -- I have been watching the Republican debates very closely, adn I think I have compiled an extremely likely laundry list of what their agenda will be.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:07 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,964,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
So those 53% will now be paying their fair share finally?

This admin has raised taxes on everything under the sun yet you say nothing.
That is an outright lie. Federal tax rates on ALL income brackets are the lowest they have been in 60 years. Try again.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:28 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,414,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
That is an outright lie. Federal tax rates on ALL income brackets are the lowest they have been in 60 years. Try again.
You are sort of correct. When averaged out, income tax is the lowest it has been in that long - but that is only because a large portion of the population does not pay income tax. But for those who make a middle-class level paycheck, it is higher than it was in 1951. Also, we have a bunch of other type of taxes, that we pay, that did not exist in 1951. We pay more nowadays to our various governments (as a middle-classer at least).

Old 11-16-2011, 03:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,997,691 times
Repeal obamacare, repeal all the regulations destroying jobs, repeal every one of his executive orders, reverse decision on Keystone pipeline and hopefully, with the House and Senate in GOP hands, life the moratorium for drilling in and around the US.

For starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections