Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 03:10 PM

758 posts, read 591,880 times

Advertisements

This video right here shows Mitt Romney's true colors.

Obama Criticizes Romney Jobs Record In New Ad - YouTube

Let's not forget how he embarrassed the American public over in London with his disparaging remarks about the British government. The Brits even said Sarah Palin was a better candidate. Now, how sad is that? That right there shows he's in over his head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 03:12 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
This video right here shows Mitt Romney's true colors.

Obama Criticizes Romney Jobs Record In New Ad - YouTube

Let's not forget how he embarrassed the American public over in London with his disparaging remarks about the British government. The Brits even said Sarah Palin was a better candidate. Now, how sad is that? That right there shows he's in over his head.
+1 bro!!

Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 PM

This new scandal with Romney not disclosing his income tax returns and him having offshore accounts I call, "Swissboat." That's a portmanteau of Swiss (meaning Swiss bank accounts) and Swiftboat which is what cost John Kerry the 2004 election.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:57 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,783,660 times
Obama is leading in Ohio. If Romney can't win Ohio, he can't win the presidency.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:10 PM

30,085 posts, read 18,698,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Obama is leading in Ohio. If Romney can't win Ohio, he can't win the presidency.
I guess you didn't understand-

1. the election is not today

2. the liberal polls oversample democrats

3. the polls showing Obama leading anywhere sample registered, not likely voters

4. Romney is raising far more in campaign funds and his ads have barely started

5. No McCain voter will vote for Obama

6. Many Obama voters will vote for Romney

7. The most important issue for voters is the economy

8. Romney leads Obama by over 10% points among REGISTERED VOTERS in ability to handle the economy

9. No president since FDR has won the presidency with an unemployment rate of 8.3% since FDR at this time in the election

10. The independents have left Obama

11. The young and minority voters will not repeat thier record turnout of 2008

Look at the forces against Obama. He will certainly lose- we are just now discussing the margin, which could be a landslide.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
He won't now that Ohio's unemployment rate is going down tremendously.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I guess you didn't understand-

1. the election is not today

2. the liberal polls oversample democrats

3. the polls showing Obama leading anywhere sample registered, not likely voters

4. Romney is raising far more in campaign funds and his ads have barely started

5. No McCain voter will vote for Obama

6. Many Obama voters will vote for Romney

7. The most important issue for voters is the economy

8. Romney leads Obama by over 10% points among REGISTERED VOTERS in ability to handle the economy

9. No president since FDR has won the presidency with an unemployment rate of 8.3% since FDR at this time in the election

10. The independents have left Obama

11. The young and minority voters will not repeat thier record turnout of 2008

Look at the forces against Obama. He will certainly lose- we are just now discussing the margin, which could be a landslide.
Actually, you've got it all wrong there, Chief.

1. True, the election is November 6th.

2. Both polls oversample the candidates.

3. That's hogwash, and you know it.

4. Romney will try to buy the election, but he won't succeed.

5. More Independents will vote for Obama. More women will vote for him now that the GOP has led an attack on women.

6. I just explained it all in number 5.

7. The economy is better now than it's been since 2009. In the past 28 months, Obama has insourced 4 million jobs.

8. That's what they may say on FOX News, but they're also trying to pass these voter ID laws to keep Democrats out. Anyone with half a brain can figure out it's a whitewash by the GOP.

9. No President since FDR inherited an unemployment rate the worst it's been since the Great Depression. You need to quit cherry picking your information there.

10. There are actually more Independents supporting Obama.

11. There will be even more young and minority voter turnout now that these bogus Voter ID laws are being introduced because the GOP is only going to encourage them more. The reason they're trying to pass them is because the GOP is sh***ing bricks now that there are more minorities in this country because they want to keep their white majority rule.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:20 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,543,889 times
You can't overcome dirty political machines, a la Chicago. So Obama will win.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Do you get your news from MM, HuffPo, or Washington Post, or any other related outlets? If you do, I can certainly understand where your the-sky-is-falling feelings are coming from a government shutdown. A government shutdown would be the greatest thing that's happened to this country in a century
Have you been around long enough to endure a government shutdown?
I have, in 1990. The Repub majority shut down the government for 60 days.

I had just quit a good job earlier in the month, and had completed some qualification tests for a better one. After 2 months of living very close to the bone, the better job disappeared due to cutbacks by the company, and never came back.
By then, I didn't have enough money left to move back to my old job, which had been filled, but I probably could have gone back to work for that company if I hadn't been so broke.

My story was repeated by the hundreds of thousands. Since the SSC checks were also cut off, there were a lot of old folks who were in even worse shape than I was.

You are very sadly mistaken if you think this would be 'the greatest thing that ever happened to the country.' It was so disastrous so quickly that even the Republicans have never gone to it again. It was the single event that cost them the Presidency and the majority in the next election. People did not forget that sharp and completely unnecessary pain.

And 1990 was just a shade of how things are now. Shutting down the government would cause so much trouble that, even for 60 days, it would be remembered for the next 10 years or more.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:25 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
In your wildest dreams. Romney did a fine job shoving his foot in his mouth over in Britain and in Israel. I can't wait to see Obama mop his butt all over the floor in the debates.
The only thing that frightens me is that Romney obviously has no shame when it comes to lying. He will say or do anything to get votes and there are many people who believe everything they hear. However, I do believe President Obama will win the debates and I pray he wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections