Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 10:24 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk101 View Post
Those are good things however many before him as tried to sale the same bill of goods to the public. Recall bush jr campaign, and now Obama. Its either a gimmick to get elected or in reality its not possible because of how entangled we are in world affairs. Why should we believe that he is any different from the others?
Insanity? As in doing the same thing and expecting different results?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 10:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk101 View Post
Those are good things however many before him as tried to sale the same bill of goods to the public. Recall bush jr campaign, and now Obama. Its either a gimmick to get elected or in reality its not possible because of how entangled we are in world affairs. Why should we believe that he is any different from the others?
when did GW campaign on bringing the troops home? When he ran the first time they weren't even there or not many anyhow. We certainly didn't have Iraq, Libya and Afganistan (spelling?) At least you can figure out what I mean.

Oh, and Maria, how can you even bring up the subject of womanizing? Talk about hypocritical? Or maybe you are too young to remember the Kennedy boys (all of them) and later Clinton? Which is it, too young or to eyes closed to see it happens on both sides?

Nita

Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
I don't know if he'd have the respect of "the people". I do think we need a strong leader right now.

Oh but your telling me that Obama has respect from all Americans, and respect from those around the world!!!!!

Please Trump has respect, you don't get to the point where he is by not being respected, or by being stupid. Ready now.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:07 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria2388 View Post
No. He is a mediocre at best intellect, a blow hard, a womanizer, an embarrassment morally, and has such little regard for the intellectual capacity of the average primary voter that he says literally "laugh out loud" funny rhetoric in order to win them over.

Most of his "success" in life stems for his ten figure head start via his father; most things Donald has tried to accomplish on his own as a man have failed; to include his marriage. He is one of those guys who doesn't drink or do drugs yet has no sense of profound morality or purpose. Thus, he puts all his anger and angst into creating this imaginary disposition as a business conglomerate. In truth, most of his "original" ideas have ended in bankruptcy or shambles; his most successful venture has been television.

If you listen to his approach to solving the oil crisis, it's clear he assumes his audience has a room temperature iq, willing to accept any angry rhetoric, and unwilling to consider reality ("we'll just use our intellect/negotiation skills to makes deal with the Arabs! Oil crisis over!" lol...it's like something a ten year old would say..)
ITA with above. I would not vote for him. I think he does not have any stance on any issue, also he is an attention monger and I do not take him seriously. He also does not seem to realize that the president does not rule with an iron fists, I don't think he even knows about congress.

On this

[quote=Matterofopinion;18777221
If you start to trend on the morality issue, the waters get deep. He's a womanizer and an embarrassment morally? Really? JFK and Bill Clinton were not? They were two of the biggest womanizers the oval office has ever seen.

If you disagree with him on policy or the issues that's one thing; to wave the wand of morality is another. Right or wrong, he's isn't any less moral than those who have preceded him.[/quote]

I could care less about anyone else's morality (hence why I did not bold that section of the above quote) but all of the womanizing, cheating presidents were smart enough to not air their dirty laundry in public willingly or marry 3 or 4 other women, each one younger and from another country. Though JFK, Clinton, and others (FDR comes to mind) were cheaters, they at least married quality women and when the affairs were brought into the media (especially Clinton as he was on the only one scrutinized) they saw the value of their wives and didn't throw them some money and get a new, younger woman to cheat on once she reached 35 or 40.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:11 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,988,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
ITA with above. I would not vote for him. I think he does not have any stance on any issue, also he is an attention monger and I do not take him seriously. He also does not seem to realize that the president does not rule with an iron fists, I don't think he even knows about congress.

On this

I could care less about anyone else's morality (hence why I did not bold that section of the above quote) but all of the womanizing, cheating presidents were smart enough to not air their dirty laundry in public willingly or marry 3 or 4 other women, each one younger and from another country. Though JFK, Clinton, and others (FDR comes to mind) were cheaters, they at least married quality women and when the affairs were brought into the media (especially Clinton as he was on the only one scrutinized) they saw the value of their wives and didn't throw them some money and get a new, younger woman to cheat on once she reached 35 or 40.
If you really want to see an attention monger, just look at our narcissist-in-chief.

One of the huge problems with the dem party is exactly the lack of morality. Lying, cheating, murdering....it's all OK as long as it makes them FEEL good.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:16 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
If you really want to see an attention monger, just look at our narcissist-in-chief.

One of the huge problems with the dem party is exactly the lack of morality. Lying, cheating, murdering....it's all OK as long as it makes them FEEL good.

Wanted to say, one shouldn't generalize. I am an independent and know that all democrats do not lie or cheat or murder. There have been plenty of cheating republicans and many of them have lied and indirectly caused others to die.

Also, Trump is much more of an attention monger than the president IMO. He has been it at it for much longer.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:45 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Newsmax - Donald Trump for President — Would You Vote for Him? (http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/DonaldTrump/Donald-Trump-for-President-/id/11/kw/default?PROMO_CODE=BF2B-1&gclid=CIrOjO6ajagCFeoZQgodw36WCQ - broken link)

I would vote for Donald Trump based on his opinions about illegal immigration alone.
Vote for Thumper? In a GOP Primary, you betcha!

Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,076,805 times
Not sure. I admire his business skills and background and feel he knows how to create jobs, bring businesses back to the US and negotiate more favorable trade deals.

I love the fact that he's taking it to Obama unlike the GOP who seem hesitant to use
confrontation. Also, he's for building and keeping a strong military - love that.

I don't like the "mine is bigger than yours" attitude or the fact than he sometimes rambles and speaks without checking his facts. Could really come back to bite him (and the party) in the butt.

I would vote for whoever opposes Obama. I just hope I don't have to hold my nose again like with McCain.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:16 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
How about a Donald Trump and Marilyn Davenport ticket. Now there's 2 birds of a feather.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,3803760.story

Old 04-18-2011, 02:07 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wanted to say, one shouldn't generalize. I am an independent and know that all democrats do not lie or cheat or murder. There have been plenty of cheating republicans and many of them have lied and indirectly caused others to die.

Also, Trump is much more of an attention monger than the president IMO. He has been it at it for much longer.
Thanks for saying what I was thinking. rw's opinion of a political party as a whole is ludicrous. Hear that rw? It's stated also to infer that there is some inherent morality in the GOP...which of course, is equally ludicrous (No offense to individual conservatives intended).

Now what most might do here is to poo-poo me and to start citing examples to support their opinion. But really, there would not be nearly enough space here to list the transgressions of politicians from either, or both, parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections