Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 03:58 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,277,168 times

Advertisements

I cannot abide a corgi.

Mainly because my cousins had one that was so vicious they had to muzzle it IN THE HOUSE!

It was truly the meanest dog I have ever experienced...and before anyone goes there, it was treated like a prince. They got him as a puppy and loved him to bits...hence the fact he never got a bullet. They would shut him in a room when visitors came and you could hear him growling, barking and bashing against the door in his frenzy to taste fresh meat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 04:21 PM

200 posts, read 979,903 times
Oh man. Chevy is cute!
My girlfriend wanted a Corgi or Great Dane.
I ended up getting her a Great Dane since the girlfriend likes to go walking late at night. And man, she's nuts but I love her.
Shoulda gotten her a Corgi...less food, less poop, less vet bills.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:41 PM

807 posts, read 2,516,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I cannot abide a corgi.

Mainly because my cousins had one that was so vicious they had to muzzle it IN THE HOUSE!

It was truly the meanest dog I have ever experienced...and before anyone goes there, it was treated like a prince. They got him as a puppy and loved him to bits...hence the fact he never got a bullet. They would shut him in a room when visitors came and you could hear him growling, barking and bashing against the door in his frenzy to taste fresh meat.
There are bad examples of every breed. This poor dog was certainly the exception to the rule. I'm sorry you had a bad Corgi experience because my wife and I have had countless good ones.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:14 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,323,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I cannot abide a corgi.

My Corgi is a Service Dog She soo people friendly I have to be careful about taking her into public! Please Dont judge a breed by 1 bad dog! In this breeds case they are Too Friendly I would say its your cousins fault!

Old 02-25-2013, 04:38 PM

Chevy is 4 years old today! He continues to be a blessing to my wife and I,and we love him more and more. He's still very healthy and happy so far! I hope he has very long,healthy,and happy life!

Some of my older pics aren't showing up anymore. I may load some more recents picture of him later on tonight! The vast majority of comments my wife and I have received in this thread have been wonderful! Thanks again for your kind remarks and compliments!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:07 AM

1,762 posts, read 2,100,242 times
Please post some updated pictures. We would love to see more of the gorgeous Chevy. =)

Old 03-02-2013, 12:37 PM

Here's a couple of pics of Chevy and my lovely wife Amanda on Chevy's birthday! You can see his great smile in these pictures.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:33 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,963,371 times
That's a large corgi I want to say

Old 03-02-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
That's a large corgi I want to say
LOL!!

My wife is 5 feet tall and weighs maybe 100 pounds. Chevy always looks huge next to her because she's so tiny. I meant to say that already because I thought he looked huge in the picture also. For some reason, the effect is magnified when they're sitting on the couch together.

Chevy is actually small for a Corgi according to our vet,and based on some other Corgis I've seen. Thankfully he doesn't have weight issues so far,and we're going to try and keep it that way.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:11 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,170,526 times
He's a lovely dog!!

I've always liked Pembroke Corgis though never owned one. I did train two of them in basic agility for someone, a few years ago. They were very fun to work with. Noisy, though. They barked a lot when excited!

I do believe the Cardigans (larger Corgis, with tails) have more of a tendency to have a bit of attitude. I've never met a Pembroke who wasn't utterly sweet-natured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs