Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 09:12 PM

807 posts, read 2,516,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
AWWW Glad hes still with you. I lost Katie my corgi at age 11 ... 2 years ago I still miss her.
Thanks Katie!! I'm so sorry about Katie! I know you miss her so much!! I can't stand to hear of a Corgi passing on. It hurts me so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
Wow - Chevy is adorable!!!! Thanks so much for the update and I hope you have many more happy years together!

Katie, I'm sorry to hear about your sweet girl - we never stop missing them!
Thank you so much Carolina Moon! He really is a beautiful Corgi!! I hope we have many more good years with our boy as well!!!!

Old 04-20-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracysherm View Post
So glad Chevy is doing well!
I just lost my Shermyn at age 13 this past week. I knew he was "winding down" (his back legs got really weak in the past couple months), but he was still hungry and playful (and stubborn) up until the last day. He was a little lethargic and didn't want his breakfast. I had known the day was coming, and thought if he seemed to be in any distress when I got home, it would probably mean that last trip to the vet. I went home from work early and he was still alive but just lying in his bed. Within a couple hours, he passed peacefully while I was petting him and talking to him. I hate losing my boy, but it was really the "perfect" way for him to pass. At home, in his bed, with his mommy.
I remember when you first got Chevy, and Shermyn is several years older. But it's been kind of cool sharing these corgi updates for a decade!

Oh I am so incredibly sorry to hear this!! I remember reading about Shermyn all these years as well. He was beautiful. My heart aches for you. I'm glad he passed peacefully though even though it still had to be hard to lose him!! I am so thankful he had a long and good life,but it's never long enough. Thank you so much for your kind words for Chevy all these years. A FB friend of my wife lost her almost 17 year old Corgi this month!

Chevy is still doing great and is very active. He still has that Corgi spunk and appetite. He can still chase the ball like crazy,but jogs or walks back on the return trip instead of running both ways. He can still do our long walks from our house down to our walking trail all the way to the highway which is probably 2 miles or so.
It's hard to think that the clock is winding down,but we try not to dwell on how much time we have left. We are just thankful we still have him!

We did some exploring and walking around Lake Degray here,and walked down some new trails in Hot Springs today for his gotcha festivities.

Thanks again for all the kind words!!

Old 04-21-2019, 05:16 AM

4,242 posts, read 948,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracysherm View Post
So glad Chevy is doing well!
I just lost my Shermyn at age 13 this past week. I knew he was "winding down" (his back legs got really weak in the past couple months), but he was still hungry and playful (and stubborn) up until the last day. He was a little lethargic and didn't want his breakfast. I had known the day was coming, and thought if he seemed to be in any distress when I got home, it would probably mean that last trip to the vet. I went home from work early and he was still alive but just lying in his bed. Within a couple hours, he passed peacefully while I was petting him and talking to him. I hate losing my boy, but it was really the "perfect" way for him to pass. At home, in his bed, with his mommy.
I remember when you first got Chevy, and Shermyn is several years older. But it's been kind of cool sharing these corgi updates for a decade!

Oh Tracysherm, I am so so sorry. What a handsome fellow Shermyn was and obviously very well-loved. While it is so hard to lose such a beloved dog, I'm also glad that he passed so peacefully with you at his side. Will be thinking of you and Shermyn today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs