Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:24 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,961,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I have to put some thing else in here- I feel that if a person does not have compassion towards animals then they don't have alot of compassion towards people. Really if a man can not warm up to a dog who depends on humans then how can you expect that man to stand by you when needed? To me it show serious charecter flaws.
Amen, sister! My dogs and cats are well-behaved, other people like them and play with them, and if a guy can't deal with it, then I can't deal with him. I also think you are so right about the compassion thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 09:43 PM

702 posts, read 2,528,753 times
This is a great thread! I agree - I have to say I don't really trust people who don't like animals or don't have compassion towards them.

My last dog was a little malti-poo I adopted when I was living in California. Anyone I dated had to pass her test - if she didn't like you I knew there was something wrong. She loved my husband so I knew I could say yes when he proposed! When I was losing her he was so very understanding and took wonderful care of both of us.

We eventually got another dog and he is so in love with her. She is our baby (yes we know she's a dog but still) and we love her.

My sister is single and she has a rescued lab that is non-negotiable.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:54 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,493,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I doubt any man who didn't like dogs would like me- currently I have five dogs!

If someone overall just doesn't like dogs, I suspect they are uncomfortable with dogs' doginess, which, in people, translates to informality, lack of pretention, open feelings.
I love that! - How very accurate~

Everyone's responses are wonderful. After a marriage with a man who could "take or leave" pets, my dog is now my litmus test for any potential friend.

This is my new motto: "Beware of anyone who is uncomfortable with dogs' doginess." brightdoglover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs