Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 09:49 PM

23 posts, read 64,519 times

Advertisements

Dear Jan,I am in tears right now for you and Dash.What a beautiful picture.What a beautiful dog and spirit.I am very sorry for your loss.Please take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 11:08 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,835,714 times
I am so sorry for the loss of Dash. It seems like I have gotten to know and love him like my own pet. He couldn't have had a better life or a more conscientious guardian. Hugs.

Cathy aka Ginger's mom

Old 09-30-2009, 11:50 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
So sorry. In my belief system, he is now happy and healthy, running the great fields of the sky with lots of new buddies, including many of my dog-babies.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:26 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times
so sorry jan...... my heart is breaking for you.........

as i was reading these last few posts, with tears in my eyes, dave, my new boy, was trying to crawl up into my lap, and when that failed, putting his paws on my shoulders in his own version of a doggie hug......... they KNOW.......

dash had a loved and loving life...... what a lucky boy he was..... and what a lucky mom you were to have had him..........

Old 10-01-2009, 05:39 AM

129 posts, read 491,655 times
I'm so sorry, Jan, but I hope you can find some peace knowing that his suffering is over. With his spirit, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back as a Great Dane!

Erica

Old 10-01-2009, 06:54 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,427,751 times
What a beautiful tribute, I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post

Today Dash continued his journey without me. Lydia the animal communicator says he has been with me twice before and that he does plan to return to me again. I hope she is right. I know it was time to say good bye and feel blessed that I had a wonderful loyal dog like Dash in my life for 11 years. Whoever gave him up after 1 year really missed out, but then again I guess he was supposed to be with me so they gave him up for a reason that was unknown to them but known to him. It will take a while to get over the loss as even with two other dogs he will be missed very much as he is the one that was always by my side. Always the happy dog with a sense of humor. I think as he walked away he was chuckling as he will be back.... After all he knows where I live! For now he is off eating Pancakes with his Grandma .Peace be with you my little buddy.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:19 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post

Today Dash continued his journey without me. Lydia the animal communicator says he has been with me twice before and that he does plan to return to me again. I hope she is right. I know it was time to say good bye and feel blessed that I had a wonderful loyal dog like Dash in my life for 11 years. Whoever gave him up after 1 year really missed out, but then again I guess he was supposed to be with me so they gave him up for a reason that was unknown to them but known to him. It will take a while to get over the loss as even with two other dogs he will be missed very much as he is the one that was always by my side. Always the happy dog with a sense of humor. I think as he walked away he was chuckling as he will be back.... After all he knows where I live! For now he is off eating Pancakes with his Grandma .Peace be with you my little buddy.
Oh, Jan, I write this with tears falling down my face because, although I've never met you or Dash, I feel like I know you both, from your words and your photos.

Relish your memories. Take comfort in them. Like you said, Dash is eating pancakes with your Mom. He's being well taken care of that you can take care of yourself and the rest of your crew.

Going to get more tissues now...

Don't forget to take care of you now.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:57 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,577,060 times
Hi Dashdog,
Last year, you have given me the support and hope during my struggle to save my GSD. After my GSD passed away, I have avoided this thread since it is so heart broken to see so many dogs are suffering and fighting for their life. After I saw the sad news on the other thread, I decided to stop by here. I admire your courage and very sorry for your loss. Like you said, Dash is having a good time with his grandma, and he is making many new friends including my GSD. Like I wrote in the other thread, I will make a donation to a rescue of your choice. Just let me know.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:14 AM

137 posts, read 412,791 times
I am heartbroken over the loss of Dash. it brings back memories of when I had to say goodbye to Oscar. the day his pain ended and mine began...

Dash could have had no better owner/friend. he will be with you always. I hope he is running with the wind, gorging on pancakes and maybe sharing a pupperoni with Oscar.

you took Dash as far as he could go and beyond. I know he is forever grateful and telling all his new pals there that he had the best mom ever

Old 10-01-2009, 01:38 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,591,680 times
Thank you to everyone for your kind words. I too feel I have come to know many of you and your dogs and know I feel the heart break of any bad news. I tried to give you all reps but there were about 4 of you it would not let me give any too. I will still visit this thread and be there for any one that needs me and I hope this thread continues to be a source of informantion and help to those battling this disease.

Knowing My vet just recently went to a conference on Cancer and that he was a Colorado Grad. I mentioned the fact that I have heard that they are now using stereotactic radiation ( gamma knife/ cyberknife) that usually is 3 doses with few side effects and are seeing survival times of 4 year which for many dogs with nasal cancer would let them live out their life span and maybe die of old age. Little Kisses had this as well as a dog named Dancer that I chatted with his owner else where. My vet said the radiation Oncologist at Colorado doing this is a very impressive person. So any one just starting out might want to take a trip to the Rocky mountain state. Thou I do believe that IMRT is still a good option too.

The sun did come up this morning and another day started . I really missed waking up to Dash jumping up on the bed for a cuddle but please know my heart is very much at peace with this. Jazz's heart is another story as she seems very depressed as 11 yrs is a long time to be with your best dog buddy. Dazzle is too young and life is too much fun for this to be a set back for him,he woke up ready for a fun day.

I wish you all could have come to the vets with us as Dash stopped at the front door ( outside that is) and took one last pee so all that come will know he was there one more time. When we entered instead of rushingto hide which is his normal thing he stayed along side me and walked bravely to the procedure room with me. They had a dog bed on the floor for him , he gave me the" well that is a nice touch" glance then we waited for Dan ( vet) to enter. He wanted to try to get Dash to lay down on the dog bed on his side so he could shave a leg and give the injection, Dash would normally fight this a bit as he does not like vets doing things to him: However,without any sedation he laid on his side with his eye on me and did not so much as flinch when the vet did anything. He seemed to be at total peace with what was going on as if he understood total relief was in that syringe and he left me without so much as a whimper..very peaceful. My heart was filled with relief and peace.

I do plan to do a slide show tribute to him and will try to share it with all of you but it may be a few months away as I have to get the new computer set up and figure it out first and Oct will be a busy month so It may have to wait. For now I will play with photos so will share one more with you . This is for a thank you to the vets and techs that have helped us on the journey and a thank you to all of you as well as you too have been an important part of our journey and I apprectiate that very much....as those of you that have ended the journey know I have alot of cleaning to do ...Jan

Dash spent 11 of his 12 years living with The Queen, Jazz and I. I guess that makes him a little prince. He was also the last dog I took out at night and we would spend time looking at the stars. He was a dog with a real sense of humor and loved to make people laugh. Be it the silly costumes in the big dog parade, a fun agility demo where a mistake repeated over and over would have the crowd laughing or being caught doing something bad and popping his head up with his "you talking to me?" expression. This quote from the book"The Little Prince" just seemed so fitting for this.When you look up at the night sky full of wonder take a moment and think of the silly black and white dog racing among them laughing .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs