Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 07:10 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,140,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
You've said the same thing many times now. Please, just back off already.
No thanks, may I suggest the ignore feature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 23 days ago)

8,826 posts, read 21,329,056 times
This forum is a place where people can ask questions & get answers in a safe and non-threatening manner. There is no need to be critical and mean-spirited with other members.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-22-2012, 11:56 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,850,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Benefit of what doubt? She tried to eat "clean" for a few weeks and is now eating junk food again and is criticizing "clean eating".

Yep, I'm not the food police, and to say it once again....if someone wants to eat junk that is their business. That is a personal choice, but the consequences of eating junk isn't a personal choice and eating some fruits and veggies doesn't correct for the consequences of eating junk.
Look dude, I criticized clean eating for MYSELF, I said that as a whole it did not work out for me in the way that I needed it to and not just in terms of weight but in terms of lifestyle. I thought about the long term and that is why I decided that being as stringent and following that particular lifestyle was not for me. I knew there was no way I would be able to sustain it. Why does it bother you that I don't want to eat the way you do? Even if I stuffed my self with M&M's and candy bars it will NEVER effect you. It effects MY health not yours. It's MY body. Not yours. If you want to eat a certain way then that is your choice. If I choose to eat myself to the point that I'm a whale and I die shortly after that is MY choice. The beauty of this country is the ability to make choices and decisions for OURSELVES and sometimes not everyone will make the same choices and that's great. Even on this weight loss forum, there are several different diets going on--some people are doing weight watchers, some are doing paleo, some are doing variations of south beach or atkins, some are just counting calories and eating what they want, some are only eating healthy fast food items, and some people are clean eaters. All of these diets have been PROVEN to work in terms of weight loss in the short term. If people maintain the EXACT same eating habits once they have lost all the weight they want, then they will keep it off in the long term. Some of these diets have articles or studies out about how dangerous they can be(Atkins for instance) or some people have spoken about how on weight watchers you can eat cookies everyday or pizza(which isn't necessarily healthy) and lose weight and that therefore it isn't a GOOD diet. There are people on both sides of the spectrum--those who make criticisms about all of these diets and there are also people praising each of these diets. What works for one, may not work for another. There are plenty of clean eaters who feel the way you do, and will eat "clean" for the rest of their lives. More power to them. More power to you.
I chose to eat in a way that was realistic for me. And how do you know I'm eating junk? You don't know what my daily diet is, you don't know what I eat. I don't eat candy, chips, or processed cookies, processed cakes, etc. 90% of what I eat is made from scratch. I don't consider what I eat to be junk, but if you do(despite the facts) then that is your opinion and your entitled to it. But I do want to make it known that at this point no amount of fear mongering from you or anyone else is going to sway my opinion on the way that I eat. No matter how "superior" you try to come off about health. No matter how much you think you KNOW about my eating choices and what my future "health" looks like, I will continue to eat what I want. Let me put this way: you can continue to write to me and tell me what you've been saying the last couple of pages and think that for some reason it will make an ounce of difference in my life. Or you can **** and move on with your life. Your choice, but at this point I'm done writing to you and you're on ignore. peace out.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:44 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,140,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Why does it bother you that I don't want to eat the way you do? Even if I stuffed my self with M&M's and candy bars it will NEVER effect you. It effects MY health not yours.
As I've said repeatedly, what you decide to eat is a personal choice but the way foods effect your underlying health isn't a personal choice. My replies have focused on your claims you've made about food and health, for example, the idea that eating some fruits and veggies is going to protect you from the negative consequences of other foods in your diet isn't accurate. I have never suggested what you should and shouldn't do.....though I would certainly hope that everyone would start to eat healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss