Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 07:54 AM

525 posts, read 765,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
And here's another ugly truth. There are THIN people(a lot actually) who are undisciplined, unmotivated, and who rarely exercise or eat healthy. They eat what they want and partake in a lot of activities that are typically associated with overweight individuals. And yet these same "thin" people don't become overweight. There are also overweight people that eat healthy, workout, and yet they still may not be at their "ideal" weight. And there are people that lose weight and maintain the weight loss, not eating "healthy" meals at all.. Just sayin.

EXACTLY. This is what these dopes on here do not udnerstand. And it is what Dr. Friedman and Dr. Leibel talk about all the time.

GREAT POINT.

The people on here are BELIEVERS. You cannot educate believers. They chose to ignore what science has turned up about body weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 07:55 AM

14,576 posts, read 23,136,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSantos View Post
SCIENCE says it does not. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE FOR IT AND TONS OF CONTRADICTORY EVIDENCE AGAINST IT.
I think I have it figured out now.

If it agrees with Rick and his quacks, it's real science. If it disagrees, it's not real science.

Still waiting on that post about Lustig, Rick.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattknap View Post
unless we are with an obese person 24/7, we really don't know what they eat espicially very obese people. I have had several obese friends....we go out to lunch or dinner and they eat practically nothing and then take the rest home. They are obese because they eat massive amounts of food when no one is around. One friend used to go into her closet and stuff her purses and coat pockets with candy bars and bags of chips so she would always have junk to eat no matter where she was. So they would eat 3 bites of some dainty little salad at a lunch out with the girls claiming they were full but somehow managed to maintain their 300 plus pounds. Most obese people eat massive amounts of food in secret.

So when someone claims to know obese people who eat a healthy diet, please don't believe it...it takes huge amounts of food to maintain an obese weight.

wrong. Look up dr. Linda bacon. You could not be more wrong.

YOU ARE MAKING UNEDUCATED ASUMPTIONS NOT SUPPORTED IN THE LITERATURE

Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,559,675 times
I refuse to read any of your posts, RICK! They hurt my eyes so I scroll past as fast as I can.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I think I have it figured out now.

If it agrees with Rick and his quacks, it's real science. If it disagrees, it's not real science.

Still waiting on that post about Lustig, Rick.
Aragon and the like are NOT obesity experts by ANY means. They're SALESMEN.

DR. FRIEDMAN IS THE REAL DEAL. SO IS DR. LEIBEL.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Oh really? Alan has a bachelors and masters degree in nutrition, and two NBA teams, an NHL team, and countless individuals have trusted him with their bodies. You also didn't address him taking Lustig behind the woodshed.

How odd.

MY SOURCES hold several Ph.D.'s AND ARE PIONEERS- LIKE FRIEDMAN AND COLEMAN WHO DISCOVERED LEPTIN.

MY SOURCES are some of the very best scientists in the eintire world and the men who will make the NEXT BREAKTHROUGH.

IT IS ABSURD TO THINK ARAGON AND THE LIKE ARE EVEN IN THE SAME GALAXY AS THESE SCIENTISTS.

HE IS A LAYMAN- A SALSMEN.The fact that YOU are TAKEN IN by these Internet CHARLATAN HUCKSTER GURUS says all I need to know about your current understanding of science.

MY SOURCES ARE ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF SCIENCE- DR.FRIEDMAN, DR. LEIBEL, DR. ROSENBAUM AND HAVE CONDUCTED SOME OF THE GERATEST QUALITY AND PROFOUND OBESITY RESEARCH IN HISTORY

Old 10-27-2012, 08:03 AM

14,576 posts, read 23,136,271 times
Quote:

Once again, Aragon has a bachelors and PHD in nutrition. His paper credentials are as good or better than the guys you keep bringing up, including that Linda Bacon.

You also never addressed him taking Lustig apart in that debate.

Lastly, how is Alan a salesman, but the others are not? Explain that.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:03 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,559,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right on.

Being naturally muscular, and with large bone structure, I have always weighed at the very top of my "ideal weight" range, even when I was in elementary school with not one extra ounce of body fat on me! My gosh, when I was fifteen, my measurements were 36-24-36 and I weighed 140 pounds! Oh, and I was 5'7". I grew another inch after that!

I now weigh about twenty pounds more than I did in high school, so I am trying to lose another 10-15 pounds but I don't know how realistic that is. If I don't lose it, I am not going to fret too much. I think I will be able to lose ten pounds - but fifteen may be pushing it. I do not think it's realistic to try to weigh what I weighed in high school - as a long distance runner and cheerleader! My gosh.

What I do know is that though I am not thin, apparently people find me attractive and I FEEL attractive. I also feel really good. So - I'm not stressing about it.
It's how you feel that counts. We know if we are fit or not. I can keep up during my entire spin bike class at age 60 even though some who are much younger can't always keep up (even the thin ones). I feel more like 40 and I'd like to keep feeling that way as long as I can. Building muscle is much more important to fitness than I used to think. So many benefits to having more muscle!

Old 10-27-2012, 08:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,294,953 times
Quote:

I am simply relaying the TRUTH - that I am genetically predisposed to being heavy, and that I have to strictly control what I eat and how much I exercise in order to keep my weight within a healthy range, and I have managed to do so.

Fifteen years ago, I had a serious health crisis that spanned three years, and I gained fifty pounds. After the health issue was resolved, I implemented dietary and lifestyle changes, and lost the FIFTY pounds ten years ago. I kept forty of it off, till I gained 15 back after a bad leg injury and convalescence. So I implemented lifestyle changes and have lost seventeen pounds over the course of 8 months, and have eight more to go to be at a weight that's ideal for my frame.

I know how to lose weight and keep it off. I also know that decreased exercise and INCREASED FOOD INTAKE causes people to GAIN WEIGHT. Decrease the intake and increase the output by implementing long term lifestyle changes, and the vast majority of people will LOSE WEIGHT.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,294,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
It's how you feel that counts. We know if we are fit or not. I can keep up during my entire spin bike class at age 60 even though some who are much younger can't always keep up (even the thin ones). I feel more like 40 and I'd like to keep feeling that way as long as I can. Building muscle is much more important to fitness than I used to think. So many benefits to having more muscle!
You got that right! Good job by the way, in that spin class!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss