Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 03:39 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSantos View Post
I Speak with the man DIRECTLY, you idiot.
That does not mean you understand what he is saying. How does calling other posters idiots help your argument?

Quote:
[b]Furthermore, overeating is not the cause of obesity. Many people overeat. You only become morbidly obese when the system is off.. Some hardly gain from overeating. Others gain some weight.

[b]But to become morbidly obese - like 400 , 600 and more is another matter completely.[/B

Overeating does not cause morbid obesity in healthy people.

Oh? What about this woman?

52st mother eats 20,000 calories per day in quest to become world's fattest woman ever - Telegraph

52 stone is 728 pounds.

Quote:
I am in the right here, not you.
Why do you feel it is necessary to say this? It sounds petulant.

Quote:
Over 10 % of obesity is due to a single gene defect.
Please name this gene. Do you even know what a "single gene defect" is?

Quote:
Dr. Friedman says obesity is a disease state. That is his message.
That does not mean it is not treatable.

Your post edited to make it readable. You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Which means that I don't feel like I need to eat so much of it to be content.
So you are eating fewer calories, right?

Old 10-27-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
SUSAN:

Bariatric surgery is far from perfect. Patients lose weight and improve significantly BUT they are still left obese with the average BMI being 32. And thast is after only 1/3 of the calories normal people eat.

Bariatric surgery does not work AS WELL AS ADVERTISED says Dr. Friedman.

Did you know the WAY it works? Dr. Fredman addressed this too.

The WAY bariatric surgery works is that the trauma and RE-ROUTING of the surgery itself somehow ALTERS and INTERFERS the INVOLUNTARIY weight regulation system in a slightly beneficial way. It also alters and creates NEW GUT HORMONES COCKTAILS.

YOU COUDL NOT get the same result simply by eating those claories without the surgery.

Bariatric surgery is the most effexctive thing we have currently but it is FAR from perfect and not great.It also has seroious side effects and risks.

Scientists like Dr. Friedman are CURRENTLY woking on identifying this new cocktail of gut hormones and making it avilable in a PILL FORM to avid surgery.

IF the adipostat is NOT lowered NO LONG TERM FAT LOSS WILL EVER OCCUR. DIET AND EXERCISE ARE NOTHNNG MOE THAN OPENING YOUR DOOR ON A COLD WINTER DAY AND YOUR HEATER ( fat mass defense regualtion system) JUST KICKS IN MORE ,

THE THERMOSTAT( THE ADIPOSTAT) MUST BE RE-SET TO A LOWER fat mass. thin people defend their body weight TOO.

DR. STEPHAN GUYENET ADIPOSTAT GOOGLE IT.

EVERYTHNG YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD BY THE COMMERCIAL WEIGHT LOSS INDUSTRY IS A LIE.

FAT MASS IS AN ACTIVE ENDOCRINE TISSUE. IT IS DEFENDED AGGRESSIVELY GAINST LOSS BY THE BRAIN.
Who is Susan?

Old 10-27-2012, 03:47 PM

525 posts, read 761,093 times
[quote=suzy_q2010;26693765]
Quote:

That does not mean you understand what he is saying. How does calling other posters idiots help your argument?

52st mother eats 20,000 calories per day in quest to become world's fattest woman ever - Telegraph

52 stone is 728 pounds.

YOU HAVE A LOT OF LEARNING TO DO, SUSAN. OBESITY IS NOT CURRENTLY TREATED EFFECTIVELY. BARIATRIC SURGERY IS ABUOT THE ONLY OPTION THAT SOMEWHAT HELPS.

"THE CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT IDEA AS IT IS COMMON STATED COMPLETELY FAILS TO EXPLAIN THE FINDINGS OF THE BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH WORLD" - Dr. Stephan GUyenet ( University of washington studies the neurobiology of bodyfat regulation)

"EAT LESS, MOVE MORE'"IS NOT EFFECTIVE AND STEPHAN EXPLAINS WHY. THE BODY COMPENSATES DRAMATICALLY.

HE ALSO SAYS THE STUDIES ARE VERY CLEAR THAT EXERCISE IS NOT EFFECTIVE FOR OBESITY.

STEPHAN KNOWS ME AND IS ON THE SAME PAGE.

EDUCATE YOURSELF:

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST WITH STEPHAN.

http://chriskresser.com/podcast-epis...nd-weight-loss

Old 10-27-2012, 03:52 PM

[quote=suzy_q2010;26693765]
Quote:

52 stone is 728 pounds.

YES I CAN NAME THEM.

SINGLE GENE MUTATIONS IN ANY OF THESE FOUR COMPONENTS HAVE BEEN SHOWN TO CAUSE HUMAN OBESITY:

NPY-R's

NPY LEPb

MC4R

MSH LEPRb

THE MOST COMMON IS MC4

AT LEAST 10 % of the obese population have a GENETIC ALTERATION IN A SINGLE GENE.

If you DAMAGE the hypothalamus in rodents ( rodents are like us as far as weight regulation) you can INDUCE OBESITY.

Many medicines cause weight gain with NO CHANGE in diet or activity.

OBESITY IS HELLISHLY COMPLEX- FAR MORE SO THAN ROCKET SCIENCE even.

I know this topic FAR better than you. You will never CONCEDE.

I COMMUNICATE WITH DR. FRIEDMAN AND DR. GUYENET.

Last edited by RickSantos; 10-27-2012 at 04:00 PM..

Old 10-27-2012, 04:05 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I don't think I'm overweight enough to get that type of weight loss surgery. I am 8.5 pounds overweight.
Got it...I didn't know that.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:09 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
SUSAN:

Bariatric surgery is far from perfect. Patients lose weight and improve significantly BUT they are still left obese with the average BMI being 32. And thast is after only 1/3 of the calories normal people eat.

Bariatric surgery does not work AS WELL AS ADVERTISED says Dr. Friedman.

Did you know the WAY it works? Dr. Fredman addressed this too.

The WAY bariatric surgery works is that the trauma and RE-ROUTING of the surgery itself somehow ALTERS and INTERFERS the INVOLUNTARIY weight regulation system in a slightly beneficial way. It also alters and creates NEW GUT HORMONES COCKTAILS.

YOU COUDL NOT get the same result simply by eating those claories without the surgery.

Bariatric surgery is the most effexctive thing we have currently but it is FAR from perfect and not great.It also has seroious side effects and risks.

Scientists like Dr. Friedman are CURRENTLY woking on identifying this new cocktail of gut hormones and making it avilable in a PILL FORM to avid surgery.

IF the adipostat is NOT lowered NO LONG TERM FAT LOSS WILL EVER OCCUR. DIET AND EXERCISE ARE NOTHNNG MOE THAN OPENING YOUR DOOR ON A COLD WINTER DAY AND YOUR HEATER ( fat mass defense regualtion system) JUST KICKS IN MORE ,

THE THERMOSTAT( THE ADIPOSTAT) MUST BE RE-SET TO A LOWER fat mass. thin people defend their body weight TOO.

DR. STEPHAN GUYENET ADIPOSTAT GOOGLE IT.

EVERYTHNG YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD BY THE COMMERCIAL WEIGHT LOSS INDUSTRY IS A LIE.

FAT MASS IS AN ACTIVE ENDOCRINE TISSUE. IT IS DEFENDED AGGRESSIVELY GAINST LOSS BY THE BRAIN.
There are multiple forms of bariatric surgery. The VSG, which I have posted about, involves no re-routing. It is very simple. A patient's stomach is simple reduced to about 15% of its original size. He can't eat too much. He ends up eating a LOT less. Previously, when he ate two Big Macs and a large fries and a large shake, he will be as satisfied with maybe a half of a small burger, couple of fries, and a half cup of shake. Huge difference.
There are very few side effects other than being "Born Again Slim" and out about $40K if insurance doesn't cover it.

VSG WLS 3.5 years Will Not Regain - YouTube

Last edited by Charles; 10-27-2012 at 04:17 PM..

Old 10-27-2012, 04:16 PM

[quote=RickSantos;26693889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

YOU HAVE A LOT OF LEARNING TO DO, SUSAN. OBESITY IS NOT CURRENTLY TREATED EFFECTIVELY. BARIATRIC SURGERY IS ABUOT THE ONLY OPTION THAT SOMEWHAT HELPS.

"THE CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT IDEA AS IT IS COMMON STATED COMPLETELY FAILS TO EXPLAIN THE FINDINGS OF THE BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH WORLD" - Dr. Stephan GUyenet ( University of washington studies the neurobiology of bodyfat regulation)

"EAT LESS, MOVE MORE'"IS NOT EFFECTIVE AND STEPHAN EXPLAINS WHY. THE BODY COMPENSATES DRAMATICALLY.

HE ALSO SAYS THE STUDIES ARE VERY CLEAR THAT EXERCISE IS NOT EFFECTIVE FOR OBESITY.

STEPHAN KNOWS ME AND IS ON THE SAME PAGE.

EDUCATE YOURSELF:

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST WITH STEPHAN.

http://chriskresser.com/podcast-epis...nd-weight-loss
Who is Susan?

Old 10-27-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
There are multiple forms of bariatric surgery. The VSG, which I have posted about, involves no re-routing. It is very simple. A patient's stomach is simple reduced to about 15% of its original size. He can't eat too much. He ends up eating a LOT less. Previously, when he ate two Big Macs and a large fries and a large shake, he will be as satisfied with maybe a half of a small burger, couple of fries, and a half cup of shake. Huge difference.
There are very few side effects other than being "Born Again Slim" and out about $40K if insurance doesn't cover it.

VSG WLS 3.5 years Will Not Regain - YouTube

Being statisfoed is super imoprtant. PLus less risk. It is nice to see some improvement.

I hope these peoplel lift weights though ( a bit) to maintain muscle. Some people who lose weight look tired and deathly sick.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
THE MOST COMMON IS MC4
Let's look at MC4

NOVA | Obesity

The video is about 12 minutes. It includes a woman who has the MC4 receptor defect describing her experiences with her weight.

Please listen to her describe her difficulty with overeating.

The MC4 receptor defect causes overeating.

Also listen to her response to learning about her condition and the way it allows her to accept that she can choose not to fight it.

Some people might choose to do just the opposite, while being aware that keeping weight off will be a lifelong challenge --- unless someone comes up with a way to correct the defect.

Quote:
Many medicines cause weight gain with NO CHANGE in diet or activity.
Medications that cause weight gain do so by increasing appetite and food intake. People who are seriously ill tend to be less active also. Medications that cause fluid shifts are irrelevant to any issue of obesity.

Quote:
I know this topic FAR better than you

It seems that trying to demonstrate this point is the only purpose of your posts.

Quote:
I COMMUNICATE WITH DR. FRIEDMAN AND DR. GUYENET.
Do they contact you or do you contact them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss