Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 02:27 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSantos View Post
I already POINTED OUT the playing field is NOT LEVEL for YOU and the obese.

SECONDLY THAT IS MY POINT. THE OBESE CANNOT LOSE THE WEIGHT easily, if at all.They ARE trying. PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE NO CLUE. They do NOT need laughably MISINFORMED people like YOU getti ng on them.

THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS FOR OBESITY.

WANT AN INDIVIDUAL? DIANA NIYAD. SHE IS FAT. SHE SWIMS FROM FLORIDA TO CUBA AND TRAINS ALL THE TIME. SHE IS FAT- CONSIDERABLY FAT. NOBODY OUT EXERCISES HER.

STOP MISUSING thermodynamics to SOUND scientific. ACTUAL PHYSICISTS DO NOT MENTION THERMODYNAMICS IN AN OBESITY DISCUSSION. LEARN WHAT A law is.

There is MUCH TO BE LEARNED about energy and matter.
As I said, Ms. Nyad is not fat. She deliberately gained weight to help her contend with the challenges of her swim, which she was unfortunately not able to complete due to the presence of jellyfish in the water --- though she was game to try. If you are looking at the picture of her face when she had to terminate her attempt to swim to Cuba, what you are seeing is swelling due to jellyfish stings.

Nyad, 2011, while preparing for the Cuba swim:

http://www.jaehakim.com/wp-content/u...Diana-Nyad.jpg

I will continue to encourage people who need to lose weight to try to do so. Your approach helps no one. Many who try will fail, but not all. You are discarding the people who would succeed when you insist that they cannot do it. How sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
LOOK UP LINDA BACON, YOU LAUGHABLY UNINFORMED WOMAN, SuziQ.

SEE THE RESEARCH SHE LINKS TO ABOUT EXERCISE. IT DID NEXT TO NOTHING- one pound. the STUDIES support Bacon. EXERCISE FOR WEIGHT LOS IS A MYTH NOT SUPOPRTED BY EVIDENCE.

Exercise SHOULD be done, BUT DO NOT EXPECT IT TO DO MUCH FOR WEIGHT LOSS. IT IS NOT FOR THAT.

THERE ARE ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF EXTREMELY ACTIVE FAT POEPLE.
If you are going to call me names, at least spell my name right!

Diet plus exercise is more effective for weight loss than either method alone

" ... a new study led by researchers at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center has found that when it comes to losing weight and body fat, diet and exercise are most effective when done together as compared to either strategy alone."

Exercise should be a part of every weight control program.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
People are NOT thin "because they move a lot." Thin poepel are not "paragons of virtue".

THEY ARE THIN DUE TO GENES. SOME PEOPLE ARE FATTER. SOME PEOPLE ARE THINNER

BOTH CAN EXERCISE- BUT IT WON;T AFFECT THEIR BODY TYPE MUCH.

YOU ASSUME THINGS.

THERE ARE ENRMOUS AMOUNTS OF LAZY THIN PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ACTIVE AT ALL OR NOT PARTICULARLY ACTIVE. I was one of them. Now I exercise, and am NOT as skinny AS I WAS THEN!.

THERE ARE ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF ACTIVE OVERWEIGHT AND /OR OBESE POEPLE. EVERY SINGLE maid I ever had at hotels was EITHER obese or overweight and WORKED EXTREMELY HARD ALLLLL day.

I SEE ALL THE TIME. THE HARDEST WORKING WALKER IN MY NEIGHBOR IS AN SIGNIFICANTLY OVERWEIGHT BLOND WOMAN. SHE WALKS IN SNOW, RAIN, EXTREME COLD AND HEAT.

The LAZIST person on my block is a prissy rich housewife type who won't lift a finger and sleeps until noon. SHE HAS A VERY THIN BODY.

EXERCISE HAS NOTHING-NOTHING TO DO WITH OBESITY
The thin people I know do not eat much.

How much do the blond and the rich housewife eat? How do you know?

Old 12-18-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
THE EFFECTS ARE EXAGGERATED- GREATLY- BY THE MEDIA.

DR. FRIEDMAN ACKNOWLEDGES SOME RISK.

DR. LINDA BACON POINTS THIS OUT. LOSE YOUR BIAS.

Obese blogger REGAN CHASTAIN IS VERY HEALTHY.

MANUEL URIBE HAS HEALTHFUL NUMBERS FOR BLOOD PRESSURE, CHOLESTEROL, BLOOD SUGAR.
How much weight did you say Uribe has lost? Oh, wait, he cannot lose weight, can he? It's impossible.

To those of you who believe in the impossible, Uribe's peak weight was 1320 pounds. As of Feb 2012, he weighed 440 pounds. He did it with a medically supervised diet of about 2000 calories per day. He exercised using a hand cycle and pullups in his bed.

Manuel Uribe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 PM

525 posts, read 761,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
how much weight did you say uribe has lost? Oh, wait, he cannot lose weight, can he? It's impossible.

To those of you who believe in the impossible, uribe's peak weight was 1320 pounds. As of feb 2012, he weighed 440 pounds. He did it with a medically supervised diet of about 2000 calories per day. He exercised using a hand cycle and pullups in his bed.

manuel uribe - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and he still is obese.

he will regain mostl likely. The odds are against him. You will see.

exercise does not cause weight loss in studies. It is one pound. It is next to useless for that reason.

phelps , jordan, deion, kobe, iverson, lance armstyrong - all are naturally lean.

there are plenty of fat amateurs. Most people out exercising are fat, obese or singificantly overweight and chubby.

all the thin people i know eat well. All the people i observed at restaurants ate just as much as the heavy people.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:04 PM

THIN PEOPLE ARE NOT ALL TRYING TO BE THIN. THEY ARE THAT WAY AND THEY LIVE THEIR LIVES.

OBESITY IS NOT a choice. EDUCATE YOURSELF.

RATT - Round and Round (HD music video) - YouTube

Old 12-18-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
if you are going to call me names, at least spell my name right!

diet plus exercise is more effective for weight loss than either method alone

" ... A new study led by researchers at fred hutchinson cancer research center has found that when it comes to losing weight and body fat, diet and exercise are most effective when done together as compared to either strategy alone."

exercise should be a part of every weight control program.
implementing both fals in studiesd as well.

exercise and diet are simply not reliable or effective solutions for severe obesity.

you are grossly uneducated. Even bariatric surgery is largely a failure. Patients eat 800 calories and remain obese, but less so.

obesity is comlex and you will not admit it.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM

during my travels i saw many obese women who took the bus and then cycled the rest of the way. If you open your eyes you will see many extremely vigorous fat people full of vitality.

i saw many. It did not have any effect on their build. They remained fat.

thin women naturally are thin. They are not all exercising more and eating less. They are living their lives.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:15 PM

BODY WEIGHT IS OVERWHELMINGLY INVOLUNTARILY CONTROLLED. 90 %

WE ONLY "control" a VERY NARROW margin. 10 %

Scientific experiments have shown this.

Studies from all over the world show most people remain weight stable over 10 years. NOBODY could CONSCIOUSLY balance the many millions of calories consumed to expended over this time, YET THEY REMAIN THIN.

THE BODY BALANCES CALORIES FAR BETTER THAN WE COULD.

I HAVE MADE THIS POINT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVWER,.

Again, I AM IN DIRECT COMMUNICATION WITH DR. JEFFREY FRIEDMAN, DR. RUDOLPH LIEBEL AND DR. STEPHAN GUYENET BY EMAIL ABOUT WHAT THE MOST CURRENT SCIENCE HAS SHOWN US.

I TALK TO RESEARCHERS DIRECTLY ABOUT THEIR RESEARCH. YOU DO NOT.

BLAMING OBESE PEOPLE FOR THEIR WEIGHT MAKES NO SCIENTIFIC SENSE AT ALL.

I am DONE trying to educate you. I an done replying. You're just a stubborn southerner with extremely limited intellect.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM

The observation that BODY WEIGHT IS OVERWHELMINGLY INVOLUNTARILY CONTROLLED is NOT in dispute among ANY obesity scientists. DID YOU HEAR THAT?

It is YOU , NOT I , who is laughably misinformed.

We CANNOT DO MUCH about our weight , especially over the very long term. Your build is your build.

VOLUNTARY MEASURES DO NOT DO MUCH AND HAVE VERY LIMITED ABILITY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fkDmGDDmBM

The situation IS rather hopeless CURRENTLY for obese people. THAT IS THE REALITY.

Some people are fatter , some people are thinner- DUE TO BIOLOGY- as Dr. Liebel points out.

I TRAVEL EXTENSIVELY ALL OVER. Internationally, I have taken note that MOST PEOPLE I SEE EXERCISING ARE OVERWEIGHT AT THE LEAST . A GOOD AMOUNT ARE OBESE.

STOP BLAMING AND BERATING OBESE PEOPLE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss