Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 02:01 PM

111 posts, read 258,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Ching View Post
I thought it was the coolest thing when I was in Denver a few years ago and saw the chain with all the different types of salads. SALADS! That was fabulous. What's the name of that place? Greens?
Now you make me think of Souper Salad and Sweet Tomatoes, yummy.. Out here in Pittsburgh health is just not even remotely thought about when people make restaurants. I've put on 10lbs since arriving here 5 months ago, though I can hardly blame that on the food I suppose.. There's always a nice Gym nearby everywhere I lived in Denver which I always took advantage of, no such luck out here..

Are there more Gyms in Denver metro than other places around the country? I don't know except for there and here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 12:15 AM

247 posts, read 746,301 times
I agree with Mike... just good burgers, that's all. I am very glad to hear they are out there now. Now if that job will just come through.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,199 times
People really like to drink and party. It's like being on vacation all year. Too much of a corporate landscape. How many grease monkey's do we really need? The State
really likes to attack car owners. high registration fees, late fees, emmissions,
red light cameras, parking tickets downtown, DUI, secretly suspending your license
what a hassel owning a car nowdays. Dryness will shrivil your sinuses to dust. also it's not a 10 minute walk to midtown Manhattan. Other than that, Great!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,620 times
yes ..people like the drink and party very much.If there is no drink in the party it is just like a silence wind blowing near..

[url=http://www.trafficschools123.com/]Traffic School[/url]

Old 10-10-2009, 08:36 PM

2 posts, read 13,467 times
How bout
BEER, lot's of different kinds
Bikes and rollerblades as major forms of transportation
Shoveling more than a foot of snow, wearing a t-shirt
Making snow angels on the way home from the bar
Sunny skies when it is 30 degrees out
Come as you are (laid back and casual, although feeling more snotty latelty)
Doggie water and rest stations
No beer sold in grocery stores
"Going up the hill" can mean gambling, skiing or climbing a 14er
Looking at the mountains, stadium and downtown on the way up the rollercoaster (and down but then it's blurry)
Having to actually read the high altitude directions
Thinking a resevoir counts as a good place to go boating
Wearing shorts while you prepare for a snow storm
Driving through a blizzard to get from Summit County to Denver on July 4th
Outdoor concerts
Freezing during a summer rain storm
Demanding balance between work, family and fun

Old 01-07-2010, 12:18 PM

109 posts, read 279,002 times
The activeness of the city, everyone owns a dog and wears spandex when they bike the city trails. And most utilize the active opportunities provided by the mountains.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:08 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,630,151 times
Beer lots of different kinds...and the Cherry Cricket-god I miss the Cherry Cricket-

Old 08-27-2010, 12:44 PM

65 posts, read 181,463 times
[quote=DenverAztec;6572540]Natives freak out when they encounter a large bug or spider as we are not use to them growing the size they do in the southern states, they usually freeze here in the winter.quote]

You would not want to live in my house. I have all kinds of bugs and spiders, then again I live in the southeast.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:35 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,222,960 times
*Movies and music at Skyline Park / Civic Center Park.
*Night Fishing at Chatfield.
*REI at Confluence Park.
*Listening to people complain about traffic getting downtown after I effortlessly rode the rails.
*Over the top as it might be, our airport is pretty cool.
*Coors Field, Pepsi Center and Mile High are all (essentially) downtown. If only Dick's were as well!
*16th Street Shuttle.
*Writer Square
*Oh, and has anyone mentioned beer? ;-)

Old 08-28-2010, 09:13 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,851,357 times
Moved away from the Denver Metro area a few years ago......really miss the transportation system and being able to attend plays, concerts, going to Wash park, City park and all of the parks in between. Jump up in the morning and there are usually lots of things to do. Fairs, great malls, yikes, I miss it all.

I miss botanic gardens, the view from the rose garden behind the museum of natural history. I miss the Molly Brown house, all of the museums. I miss my idea "of up the hill,"....Blackhawk and Central city.

Just a little homesick....lol. I live close to the Metro Denver area, Just not close enough. Oh yeah, I miss Gryo's pancakes on east Colfax, across from East High (the same side of the street) . I could go on and on, will sign off, have fun, enjoy where you are. Molly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver