Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 02:31 AM

247 posts, read 745,055 times

Advertisements

Legs, at least we have 5Guys here in the DC area. That said... I'd much rather be in Denver. And have a job. Sigh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 06:27 AM

111 posts, read 258,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
how about cracked windshields?
people seem to drive around with them for months before having them replaced.
I'm a Denver native who is completely guilty of this as has everyone in my family been all my life for one reason:

Every single time a windshield gets replaced, it gets cracked through again within 6 months to a year. Nothing you can do about it here, if you drive a lot your windshield will have a huge crack in it in no time, everyone in my family only replaces windshields when it starts impeding visibility or it's time to sell the car.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:53 AM

Between Chipotle, Tokyo Joes, and Noodles and Company, it's almost like healthy fast food was born in the 90s in Denver. I miss Tokyo Joes and Noodles and Company so much, I remember going to the Chipotle down in DU a decade ago now, and still didn't like it then.. It's alright I guess, I'd rather have a big city burrito by a longshot.

Out here in Pittsburgh it's all sit down restaurants or McDonalds style fast food, ick.

One thing that I never knew of growing up that it took somebody from New York to tell me about is apparently cereal goes bad in other states, and lasts forever in colorado because the dryness.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:02 AM

I absolutely love Colfax. It's such a strange street, end to end it's dilapidated and cruddy with nice stuff here and there, but the strange thing is, outside of aurora (I don't know the aurora part so well), it's never more than a couple blocks from some decent housing. Even at sheridan, the housing surrounding that area really isn't ghetto or anything, quaint I would call most of the housing in areas like that. On every part of Colfax you will find folks of all walks of life.

Another interesting thing I love is arguing with Aurora folk about whose town is more confusing to get around, because they always get lost in Denver and Denver folk always get lost in Aurora. Ok, well this part is dying as they've grown so much, but I still get lost every time I go to Aurora.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:36 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,181,858 times
I love all of the nice parks in Denver.

I love the sunny weather.

Denver has a vibrant central core that is alive with activity and very clean compared to a lot of other large cities.

I love that people are active here. There are always people out running, walking and biking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post

No dogs running loose... or very few. Maybe we didn't hit the right areas of town (we were all over though)... but one thing that was a pleasant surprise for us is the apparent lack of a huge stray problem. It is horrible here, dogs are allowed to run loose all over and there are huge stray problems. Of course I could be totally mistaken...?
I remember the stray problem in San Antonio. It was bad. I remember seeing large dog packs (more then 10 dogs) wandering close to downtown and on the east side. We had some pit bulls regularly running loose in our neighborhood. I never feared dogs until I lived in San Antonio. I very rarely see dogs running loose in Denver and I've never seen any dog packs on the streets.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:21 AM

26,210 posts, read 49,027,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBoy914 View Post
Legs, at least we have 5Guys here in the DC area. That said... I'd much rather be in Denver. And have a job. Sigh...
We have a 5Guys now in COLO SPGS, it's good.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:44 AM

573 posts, read 2,505,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanswindle View Post
One thing that I never knew of growing up that it took somebody from New York to tell me about is apparently cereal goes bad in other states, and lasts forever in colorado because the dryness.
Yup. Cereal, cookies, chips, etc get squishy if you don't put them in the fridge. Never had a mushy oreo until I left (and it's NOT good).

Wolfboy-I have one 5 minutes from me and I've actually still never been lol. And yes, I'm counting the months until I can move back, even though it will take me longer to find a job.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:21 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,133,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBoy914 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We have a 5Guys now in COLO SPGS, it's good.
According to the 5 Guys website, there are seven locations in Colorado (including in metro Denver; Highlands Ranch, Aurora, Longmont, also Ft. Collins). I've never been, just saying.

Edit to add: Is the presence or lack of a 5 Guys meant to represent civilization or sophistication, kind of like the presence or lack of Trader Joe's?

Last edited by suzco; 08-29-2009 at 12:38 PM..

Old 08-29-2009, 01:17 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,027,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
...Is the presence or lack of a 5 Guys meant to represent civilization or sophistication, kind of like the presence or lack of Trader Joe's?
Nah, just another burger joint with a fan following.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:53 PM

192 posts, read 594,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanswindle View Post
Between Chipotle, Tokyo Joes, and Noodles and Company, it's almost like healthy fast food was born in the 90s in Denver. I miss Tokyo Joes and Noodles and Company so much, I remember going to the Chipotle down in DU a decade ago now, and still didn't like it then.. It's alright I guess, I'd rather have a big city burrito by a longshot.

Out here in Pittsburgh it's all sit down restaurants or McDonalds style fast food, ick.

I thought it was the coolest thing when I was in Denver a few years ago and saw the chain with all the different types of salads. SALADS! That was fabulous. What's the name of that place? Greens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver