Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 12:41 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times

Advertisements

Hey, never know who decides the government is wrong Had some one debate me for similar stats because the government covered up the aliens landing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 12:43 PM

402 posts, read 1,266,367 times
I wasn't trying to attack you awesomo.2000 I could tell those statuses were meant in humor, and if you read through this thread, you'll see that the original posting was meant in a sarcastic/humorous way... Anyone that knows about Colorado can see how blatantly wrong everything was in it... well, except about how roads being difficult to get from one side of denver to the other, I really would like to have a more direct way to get to the other side of town. ;-)

Old 12-12-2008, 12:58 PM

someone just pointed out poinsettia's aren't poisonous... but apparently if you eat enough of them they might make your stomach upset... well that just doesn't give the same effect... time to think of a new status

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/poinsettia.asp

Last edited by zionvier; 12-12-2008 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: added the link for snopes

Old 12-12-2008, 01:00 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,088,525 times
Let's eat a few at Happy Hour and see what happens, of course you get to go first!

Old 12-12-2008, 02:52 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
You guys are harsh on people that don't like Denver.
Attacking those people is really more of a competative sport between us
to balance out our own deep seeded insecurities....We are also home bound from the ten feet of snow we received last night.....A latent form
of cabin fever controls the front range....

Old 12-12-2008, 03:00 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
I love when the Donkies play on Monday night football or on any nationally televised games. Inevitably, it always snows, showing the whole country we are in blizzard conditions, 24/7/365. I know its hard to realize the truth. I've never played golf in 55F and sunny in February. It would be so nice to walk around in short sleeves with the sun shining, in the middle of winter, but alas it is just a dream.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:08 PM

Too bad the Broncos aren't at home Sunday... I think it's supposed to be like 20degrees with a 60% chance of snow the last I heard. IT could have reinforced that it's always like that.

Last edited by zionvier; 12-12-2008 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: had accidentally typed "I" instead of "It"... I'm not quite Godly enough to control that stuff.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:13 PM

618 posts, read 1,366,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRN View Post
Denver is too crowded. Too many out of state plates roaming around the metro area.
The unemployment rate is sky high at 5.6% and rising.

Denver has had four snowfalls in about 4 or so weeks, so be prepared. Snow= colder temperatures=costly heating bills=roadway accidents=slower commutes=wasted time.

housing forclosure rates are skyhigh. The Denver housing market held its own for a long time, but ever changing times and major shifting economy has slowed new homes sales and existing home sales. Remember: Most people don't want to sell now.

If you're looking to start a business-good luck. There is a lot of competition here.

If you're moving here(Denver) mainly to ski or frequent the mountains, you might want to think twice. The major highway(s) leading to the mountains oftn close due to dangerous conditions AND I-70 usually moves at a snails pace on most weekends and holidays especially during a big winter storm.

If you're from a state that has a hands free law in effect, don't expect Denver to follow suit. I think Denver has the fewest citizens with bluetooth hands free technology. Welcome to the world of dangerous cell phone drivers.

Denver has a cripled DMV. The DMV is so backlogged with driving infractions/violations right now. Right now there are thousands of dangerous drivers in Denver and the state of Colorado who are driving with **** poor driving records because the state is overwhelmed. There are only 17 hearing officers to boot. Also, the DMV computer systems are very very outdated helping to create more of a delay. Supposidly, the only drivers that lose their license almost immediatly is a driver that has committed vehicular homicide while other "bad" drivers get to drive around racking up points on their license with no penalty.

You will spend plenty of money on auto repairs for damage and/or alignment problems suffered from driving on very poor road surfaces.
Dang it!!! I already moved to Denver! Where was this information two years ago?

And how come I like it here so much??? Am I a freak of nature?

Old 12-12-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie Daugie View Post
And how come I like it here so much??? Am I a freak of nature?
No, it's just that everyone here in Denver is masochistic. :smac k:

Last edited by zionvier; 12-12-2008 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: I'm horrible with my typing today.... and one of the emoticons was messed up

Old 12-12-2008, 06:18 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,954 times
What a ridiculous post. Everything that the original poster said about Denver, the opposite is true.

Denver is too crowded? Gve me a break. Denver is sprawled out and very sparsely populated. You must come from a really small town if you think Denver is crowded. One complaint that I have about Denver is that it is too spread out and you have to travel through miles and miles of deserted roads to get anywhere.

Too many out of states plates? What? Go to any city in America and you will see just as many or more. And why does that matter anyway? Are you xenophobic and don't want any "outsiders"?

You need to move back out to the country, because that is obviously where you come from if you would post something like that. Or maybe you should try some place like North Dakota or rural Alaska?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver