Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,810,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Five inches? Did I read that correctly? We got that much in the last snow, on April 27. As far as the lushness of the Front Range not being a total anomoly, it is greener here than it has ever been in my 29 years of living here.
Five inches of snow--sorry I was just being sarcastic, I shouldn't have posted that for those people outside the metro believing my warped sense of humor to be factual..You are so right KAT I do believe that this is the greenest spring that remember as well..I was actually trying to convey that while we did receive a ton of moisture here this year..the actual winter months were very dry and warm..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 10:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Five inches of snow--sorry I was just being sarcastic, I shouldn't have posted that for those people outside the metro believing my warped sense of humor to be factual..You are so right KAT I do believe that this is the greenest spring that remember as well..I was actually trying to convey that while we did receive a ton of moisture here this year..the actual winter months were very dry and warm..
I did catch the sarcasm, but wanted to make sure the outliers know what's really going on. You never know when someone will move here and post "I was led to believe that Denver only gets 5" of snow a year, and now I find out it's 60!". February and March were very warm and dry.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:49 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,122,984 times
Granted, I don't like huge cities, but Denver is very doable. I personally don't leave Colorado Springs unless I need to do something up in Denver, but its a good city. I prefer it over the other large cities simply because I love the weather.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:39 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,717,818 times
I don't know about you Spot and I'd like to hear what Missy Cat thinks too --- but law firms in Denver are feeling the pinch like everyone else here. While I am seeing the usual set of summer clerks coming to firms, I'm seeing much less being chosen by top firms and even less getting hired. Not that you can't find work, it's just not the easy market it once was. I think it'll get back to normal this time next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I've heard that. But then when I talked with the Denver Bar Association they said there was lot's of room for new firms in the area of civil litigation. So it probably depends on what kind of law you want to practice, like most places...

Old 05-31-2009, 02:48 PM

670 posts, read 1,172,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
As far as the lushness of the Front Range not being a total anomoly, it is greener here than it has ever been in my 29 years of living here.
Thinking back to the spring of 1995. I went out of town for Memorial Day weekend and came home to a flooded basement. I had to buy a sump pump! The hiking trail at Mt. Sanitas valley was washed out in several places, a small stream had turned into a rushing creek. Now THAT was a wet spring. Things were green for a long time.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:05 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times
Well I'm going to dissappoint some of you but I want to move to Denver! I have wanted to since after high school (I'm 54). I love Denver and surrounding area. Circumstances haven't allowed me to fulfill my dream but I may get my wish someday. I'm college educated and hope to find something or someone that will hire me. Maybe when economy straightens out.

My wife doesn't know about cold weather anymore (she grew up in Idaho Falls, Id, city of big winters) but I don't think it will bother us as I don't care if its cold or hot one way or the other.

I'm just keeping the faith. I've been to Denver and Co many times in my life and just love it yet.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipchik View Post
Thinking back to the spring of 1995. I went out of town for Memorial Day weekend and came home to a flooded basement. I had to buy a sump pump! The hiking trail at Mt. Sanitas valley was washed out in several places, a small stream had turned into a rushing creek. Now THAT was a wet spring. Things were green for a long time.
Yeah, we had those same problems, got a sump pump about the same time. DH and I were talking about this. We've seen wetter springs in our 29 years here, but never a greener one. Of course, it's a bit subjective. But it certainly is beautiful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver