Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 04:09 PM

402 posts, read 1,266,885 times

Advertisements

There's a real lack of true highways to go north/south and east/west. Wadsworth would be a perfect place to let people go from every town from Longmont all the way down to Littleton, but there really is no way to do that right now without 50 traffic lights or a gigantic zig zag... 285 would be great, except it turns into Hamden and slows down after Santa Fe when you're heading east and start hitting all the lights. I225 is good, but what if you have to go from Thornton to Parker? you have to zig sag from I76 to I270 to I70 to I225 to Parker Rd and boom.... traffic lights. Hwy 6 is good, but then again it's only on one the west side of the city. Hwy 85/Santa Fe would be great to head directly north and south, but there's traffic lights all over the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 04:12 PM

The troll did get a few bites there while I was writing that last post trying to turn this into a useful "list of things actually wrong with Denver" since every city has it's issues, might as well be honest about ours.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:16 PM

809 posts, read 2,885,389 times
Denver is too crowded. Too many out of state plates roaming around the metro area. Really???? try living in a city like Chicago, or New York, OR LA!!

The unemployment rate is sky high at 5.6% and rising. Illinois has an unemployment rate of 12.3%.... got you beat!

Denver has had four snowfalls in about 4 or so weeks, so be prepared. Snow= colder temperatures=costly heating bills=roadway accidents=slower commutes=wasted time. haha... hahahaha.... HAHAHAHAHAHA! Four whole snowfalls???? OH GOLLY GEE!!! NOT FOUR SNOWFALLS!!! please!

housing forclosure rates are skyhigh. The Denver housing market held its own for a long time, but ever changing times and major shifting economy has slowed new homes sales and existing home sales. Remember: Most people don't want to sell now. it's called a recession....... say it with me now..... RE-CE-SSION!!!!!

If you're looking to start a business-good luck. There is a lot of competition here. competition??? I hope there's competition ANYWHERE! That's what drives supply and demand!

If you're moving here(Denver) mainly to ski or frequent the mountains, you might want to think twice. The major highway(s) leading to the mountains oftn close due to dangerous conditions AND I-70 usually moves at a snails pace on most weekends and holidays especially during a big winter storm. I am indeed, but I won't necessarily be frequenting. It'll just be nice to have mountains as a VIEW rather then FLAT LAND........

If you're from a state that has a hands free law in effect, don't expect Denver to follow suit. I think Denver has the fewest citizens with bluetooth hands free technology. Welcome to the world of dangerous cell phone drivers. WOOOO.... that's anywhere you go. They may enact laws, but that doesn't mean people FOLLOW THE RULES!

Denver has a cripled DMV. The DMV is so backlogged with driving infractions/violations right now. Right now there are thousands of dangerous drivers in Denver and the state of Colorado who are driving with **** poor driving records because the state is overwhelmed. There are only 17 hearing officers to boot. Also, the DMV computer systems are very very outdated helping to create more of a delay. Supposidly, the only drivers that lose their license almost immediatly is a driver that has committed vehicular homicide while other "bad" drivers get to drive around racking up points on their license with no penalty. The DMV in general is out of date in EVERY state. So get over it. Obviously you are sour towards something specific in Denver because of an experience you've had, and now you're trying to find everything wrong with ALL of Denver

You will spend plenty of money on auto repairs for damage and/or alignment problems suffered from driving on very poor road Seriously?????? That's your last argument for this entire rant????? wow. YOu have issues

Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Yes! Don't move here! Its too cold, there's always 10 ft. of snow on the ground, even in summer. We still have Indian wars and wild animals roam the streets eating people, especially children!

Oh the horror!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:21 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,815,925 times
Not to mention one of the most educated and fit metro areas in the nation----
horrible,simply a horrible place to be----GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Not to mention one of the most educated and fit metro areas in the nation----
horrible,simply a horrible place to be----GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I concur..... fittest state out of all 50! BECAUSE of the mountains and all the outdoor activities!!!

YAY DENVER!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:30 PM

84 posts, read 199,886 times
yeah that's the problem, too many people like it here-just like overrated California!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
We still have Indian wars and wild animals roam the streets eating people, especially children!

Oh the horror!

HAHAHA Can I nominate that for best quote of the month?

Old 12-11-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRN View Post
yeah that's the problem, too many people like it here-just like overrated California!

California IS overrated......

Colorado is not.

How bout the housing costs between those two??????

I chose Colorado for it costing 1/8 the amount it costs out in California!

And not EVERYONE likes Colorado! Just look at the absolute opposite of what's in Colorado...... Florida, California.... and those two states are WAY more overcrowded then Colorado! haha!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:35 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,815,925 times
Default Best reply from THE PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes! Don't move here! Its too cold, there's always 10 ft. of snow on the ground, even in summer. We still have Indian wars and wild animals roam the streets eating people, especially children!

Oh the horror!
That really is priceless---you need to trademark this Pilot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver