Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 03:37 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilczy View Post
not italian but a great view and wonderful food in a very nice atmosphere... "the fort" in morrison, esp at night. the buffalo filet mignon is excellent and a huge wine list. weve taken everyone who visits us to this place and they have all loved it.
I would like to visit you now.

Robins Nest was the Wedding reception we just went to a month and a half ago.

When I think of Brittany Hill, I also think of Gussies.

Aztec, I'd like to try that sometime.

Awe Man! Shame about Baby Doe's ! Used to love their early bird! Must have gone down when Investco went up or Mile High went down?

Last edited by McGowdog; 07-30-2008 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Baby Doe's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 03:40 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times
There's no better view of downtown than from the bar in the United Club Level of Invesco Field!

Prolly can't get in there though.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:48 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,089,411 times
McGowdog, we should have a meet and greet/happy hour at the Hyatt! I take my 10 year old nephew there for sodas and the view all the time. I am not a big drinker and would rather pig out at a cheap restaurant first.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:48 PM

719 posts, read 2,618,220 times
Gussie's! That was THE place in the late 70's to the early 90's for the north Denver 'burbs. Great seafood and live pianist on weekends. This was before all the strip malls and chain restaurants came.
The Fort remains a fave, and we try to get there every December. The fire's are going in the dining rooms, and a quartet of Victorian dressed female Christmas carolers go from table to table. Where else can you go outside to the fire pit under the stars after a sumptuous supper for a cigar and libation?

Old 07-30-2008, 04:05 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,721,676 times
Hey, where've you been??

Are you talking about the Hyatt with the "sky" bar? It's supposed to have awesome views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
McGowdog, we should have a meet and greet/happy hour at the Hyatt! I take my 10 year old nephew there for sodas and the view all the time. I am not a big drinker and would rather pig out at a cheap restaurant first.
Sockeye: Cigar and libation? I'm totally there. I've been hearing about the Fort for ages now but have never been!!

Old 07-30-2008, 04:34 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
If you go to the Fort, you've got to try the Rattle Snake appetizer.

Wish the Briarwood had a better view. Oh, wait! It does! A great view of the 5 course Gourmet meal! How can you beat the view of that Fillet Wellington?

PS: sorry if I've offended any vegatarians, lest I get my meat-breath all over you. Ah, gotta love Ellen D!

Old 07-30-2008, 06:15 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
Just thinking out of the box here, but any golf courses around town with nice clubhouse restaurants with views?

Old 07-30-2008, 06:37 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,089,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Hey, where've you been?? Are you talking about the Hyatt with the "sky" bar? It's supposed to have awesome views.
Hey WanttoStay! I have been busy working verses answering random questions without knowing if they help or not. I wish folks would come back and tell us if we are helping or not! I bet if this site were more like a game show with prizes we would all know if our responses were correct or not!

Yes, the Hyatt between 15th and 14th streets. It has great views of the mountains and northwest Denver. You can see others sides of downtown but not south, unless you get a room on the other side of the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Just thinking out of the box here, but any golf courses around town with nice clubhouse restaurants with views?
Great idea VegasPilgrim, I had dinner at the Welshire for a wedding and that was nice. Keys on the Green in Genese was also fantastic and tons of deer running amuck.

Sadly, I think the OP may now be at supper with mom now and won't get this in time?

Old 07-31-2008, 10:09 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,721,676 times
Vegas: I've never been but really want to go --- there's this place at the Inverness Golf course that has a supposedly awesome brunch (the menu is gigantic, it's really a buffet) and same with their seafood buffet on Sat. nights.

OK, it's a hotel that has the brunch. Check out the menu:

Restaurants in Denver | The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center - Specials | Dining in Denver

Denver: I have been doing the same on this forum, and yeah, the OP never comes back! hmm, oh well. Have you ventured to other areas of this site? I like the cooking one and posted some in the Entertainment - Music area. After I made a bunch of people mad with my racism post, I decided to check out other areas.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:35 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Vegas: I've never been but really want to go --- there's this place at the Inverness Golf course that has a supposedly awesome brunch (the menu is gigantic, it's really a buffet) and same with their seafood buffet on Sat. nights.

OK, it's a hotel that has the brunch. Check out the menu:

Restaurants in Denver | The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center - Specials | Dining in Denver

Denver: I have been doing the same on this forum, and yeah, the OP never comes back! hmm, oh well. Have you ventured to other areas of this site? I like the cooking one and posted some in the Entertainment - Music area. After I made a bunch of people mad with my racism post, I decided to check out other areas.
I once went to a party held by a very wealthy local family at the Inverness hotel. Very beautiful hotel, but it was at night so I don't remember much about the views. I've driven past it all the time though. I agree it's pretty silly that we're going on and on with suggestions when the OP hasn't even bothered to check back in. Oh well-- maybe it might give some ideas for some of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver