Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 07:38 PM

243 posts, read 915,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
I love your enthusiasm. If people like you keep moving in, then when I finally get there, I'll have nothing to worry about.
Trust me when I tell you, Charley........I am one very unique individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 08:06 PM

9,729 posts, read 14,275,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
I love your enthusiasm. If people like you keep moving in, then when I finally get there, I'll have nothing to worry about.
Charley....I didn't know you were worried about friendliness in Delaware. We're really a very nice bunch! Are you saying that when all of the out of staters finally move in to Delaware, it will be a "friendlier" place to live? Or, maybe I misinterpreted that comment.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
Awww shucks. Thanks

My .02 = Delaware is changing and I would define it as people who live in Delaware. Hopefully the people who are coming to live there will keep the friendly attitudes that exist in Delaware and not the attitudes they are moving from, if they are negative. It would be a real shame if Delaware would lose it's friendliness. The friendliness is one of the things I enjoy.
You will love it here, movin! And your dogs will love it here, too.....especially swimming in Andrews Lake!! I'm always glad to hear people moving to Delaware, and buying a more unique property.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
You will love it here, movin! And your dogs will love it here, too.....especially swimming in Andrews Lake!! I'm always glad to hear people moving to Delaware, and buying a more unique property.
I'm sure we will love it there. Thanks for the assurance. It never hurts. I'm also sure the dogs will love it and swimming in Andrews Lake. We have taken them to a place in the Adirondak Mountains, in New York. They have a doggy beach. They loved swimming around. Hubby and I would have liked to buy a bigger property but didn't think the kids would be happy. The idea of a new home was intriguing, however, they didn't have the charm, comfort or country feel that we were looking for. The home we are purchasing is a nice compromise that we will all enjoy!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:09 AM

Your new place in Delaware, movn2del, is a great location, between Route 13, and Route 1, south to the beach. I don't think you could have picked a better area. About houses, we've built 3 new houses in our lifetime, one on a small lot, one on a 160 acre farm, and one on a 3 acre parcel...... only to end up in a 100+ year old house in a small town. We finally got it right, deciding we prefer a home with more character. Although, in these new homes, I'm seeing replicas of the pillars I have in my home, crown mouldings, and such. They are quite beautiful.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Your new place in Delaware, movn2del, is a great location, between Route 13, and Route 1, south to the beach. I don't think you could have picked a better area. About houses, we've built 3 new houses in our lifetime, one on a small lot, one on a 160 acre farm, and one on a 3 acre parcel...... only to end up in a 100+ year old house in a small town. We finally got it right, deciding we prefer a home with more character. Although, in these new homes, I'm seeing replicas of the pillars I have in my home, crown mouldings, and such. They are quite beautiful.
When I read your posts, I see a lot of what I like. We really like the location of our new place. It's nice to have it confirmed by a local. Our first house was built in 1911. We didn't want to go that route again. We will miss our neighbors. They are great! Hubby did meet one of the new neighbors and they seem nice, he said. I would have been surprised had he said they weren't. Living on a farm would be great as long as I don't have to do the work. I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your current home. My wish is that we are happy enough in our new home, not to ever have to move again. Although, who knows, when the kids are grown and gone, we may just go for the smaller house and the larger property. We will see.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:35 PM

65 posts, read 233,717 times
Quote:
Tabitha, I hope things go well with your move. Whatever I can do to help you locate services, restaurants, places to shop, or other.....just PM me. I'll be happy to be your link to adjusting!
Thank You Very Much Delly,
I appreciate that.
We are counting down the days now!!!!
Tabitha

Old 05-19-2008, 11:34 PM

903 posts, read 3,506,995 times
Hi folks,

I've been reminded of something my granny used to say... "friendly IS as friendly DOES"... even though I'm not native to DE, nor have I lived where I'm a native to (OH) since I was knee high to a grasshopper, granny's words have been part of me all my life.

In my most humble opinion, our nation is transient by nature, and getting more so these last 20 years or so. I believe humanity is changing in general, and too many times for the worse, not better. Saddens me, really, it does.

Beachanyone, you'll be here in days and will settle into your niche here in DE. Hope it works as you hope; look forward to meeting you somewhere around DE!

Laural, I think you were the one that posted about talking to neighbors over the fence... very much the neighborhood thing to do. Don't see enough chats over the chain link these days... every puts up the privacy fences and blocks out those wonderful opportunities! And speaking of privacy fences... remember the show with Tim Allen... he was "Tim the Tool Man"... the show title escapes me! Anyway, the neighbor, Wilson (I think) would be me... you know how you NEVER saw him in the show? Well, the reason you'd never see ME on the other side of that fence is... I'm too darn short to make eye contact over a PRIVACY fence!

Thought ya'll could use a reason to smile... thinkin' about this crazy woman talkin' through fences here in DE!

Mary

Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 PM

We talk over the fence, hang out on the stoop (our neighbors) and wave and say hello to passersby. In the morning we hear our neighbor sneeze from inside her house. She sneezes really loud and the window is open. We yell out G-d Bless You. She yells back Thank you. When they pull in or out of their driveway, we say hello and have a good day or welcome home with other small chat. I love my neighbors I'll miss them.
I'm sure we will establish a similar relationship with our new neighbors except they won't be as close because we have more property at the new house. Probably won't be able to hear the neighbor sneeze.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:50 PM

405 posts, read 1,375,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
\ In the morning we hear our neighbor sneeze from inside her house. She sneezes really loud .
Did it get annoying when she was sick? LOL

We are slowing getting to know our neighbors, I think once summer is here and less rain we will get to know more. Since hubby brews beer we probably will beating them off with a stick. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware