Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2020, 11:17 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,125,715 times

Advertisements

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 12,401 +90
KENT 3376 +12
SUSSEX 7650 +51

Hospitalizations 110 +11
Critical 25 +2

Our average % positive is at 6.7% through yesterday and 8.5% for the day. YIKES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 01:55 PM

NCC 12,491 +90
KENT 3394 +18
SUSSEX 7711 +51

Hospitalizations 106 - 4
Critical 25 n/c

Our average % positive is at 6.9% through yesterday and 7.6% for the day.

8 people lost their battle with Covid yesterday. We have not lost that many in one day in a long time.
Another interesting coincidence is that both the additional cases in NCC and SUSSEX have increased the same amount of positives as the day before, at 90 and 51.

Old 10-23-2020, 02:16 PM

9,726 posts, read 14,269,161 times
As a self-employed person traveling the State, I can choose my areas of work in Delaware. I haven't been working in New Castle County since March. As of 4 days ago, I dropped Sussex County from my designated work area. The last time I was there I saw few masks in the Rehoboth-Lewes area. I still feel safe working in Kent County as "bare" faces are an oddity in this area.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:23 PM

As you know I am sticking pretty close to home, but I will say on my drive through downtown Rehoboth I was very surprised to see so many masks. BUT that is only one small section of this area and I am not out a lot.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:44 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,913,022 times
The spike has stopped me from going to the chiropractor. I'm back to shopping every three weeks. I am no longer working either (haven't set foot in a school since March) and that is fine by me. New cases at the local schools seem to pop up every day.

I still feel safe outdoors, and as usual I avoid crowds or crowded trails. I know so many people who have been affected by covid, many of these people are under 50 and some under 40. I know of a few males under 50 who are very fit, very healthy, zero health issues who contracted covid and it trashed their bodies and their lungs. One guy--only 35--is out of work on disability. My one close family member still has lingering effects (pain in lungs during exertion) eight months after his infection. I have at least three close friends my age who have been hospitalized over it. It doesn't just hospitalize/kill the elderly or people with underlying issues.

Bethany and Rehoboth have masks everywhere, but more and more people are doing the nose out thing, and some are even just wearing them on their chin!! So frustrating.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
The spike has stopped me from going to the chiropractor. I'm back to shopping every three weeks. I am no longer working either (haven't set foot in a school since March) and that is fine by me. New cases at the local schools seem to pop up every day.

I still feel safe outdoors, and as usual I avoid crowds or crowded trails. I know so many people who have been affected by covid, many of these people are under 50 and some under 40. I know of a few males under 50 who are very fit, very healthy, zero health issues who contracted covid and it trashed their bodies and their lungs. One guy--only 35--is out of work on disability. My one close family member still has lingering effects (pain in lungs during exertion) eight months after his infection. I have at least three close friends my age who have been hospitalized over it. It doesn't just hospitalize/kill the elderly or people with underlying issues.

Bethany and Rehoboth have masks everywhere, but more and more people are doing the nose out thing, and some are even just wearing them on their chin!! So frustrating.
I keep praying that we can make people understand the proper way to wear one, but it seems impossible to achieve.

Old 10-24-2020, 06:32 AM

829 posts, read 629,902 times
We have been out and about in short visits to Rehoboth, Lewes and Bethany - spending most of the time outside and popping into a store or two. Most of the people we've encountered have been masked.

We've tried going to a Cape Henlopen beach since the peak season ended and have wound up having to leave before we'd like to because of people who arrive after us who cram into the safe distance we'd left between us and the other people already there. Nobody wants to walk a foot further than they have to if there's a sliver of sand to park on. Very frustrating at any time, but particularly during a pandemic.

Old 10-24-2020, 07:21 AM

9,726 posts, read 14,269,161 times
We know some high school football players in Woodbridge High school (Delaware). They were all ready for football season when this happened:
https://www.delawareonline.com/story...ts/6008685002/

Old 10-24-2020, 10:07 AM

NCC 12,579 +88
KENT 33407 +13
SUSSEX 7770 +59

Hospitalizations 103 -3
Critical 22 -3

Our average % positive is at 6.9% through yesterday and 6.8% for the day.

Old 10-24-2020, 04:33 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I keep praying that we can make people understand the proper way to wear one, but it seems impossible to achieve.
Good luck with that! Even the 6' seems to be am impossibility for some. We had to go to Best Buy today because our TV died. It was fine going in....Stopped people at the door and arranged for someone to meet us at the TV section. Also taking the employees temps as they arrived. Then it went downhill. The guy that met us had a disposable mask that looked as though it was too big. Most of his nose was sticking out and he kept pushing it up with his fingers....probably about 30 times. I kept backing up but not sure it made a difference. And of course if you have gone TV (or car) shopping with a husband you know that it takes FOREVER. We finally chose what we wanted and I was waiting in the department for them to bring it up. Some woman came with a cart up the aisle. I moved away but she cut around the corner so close she almost ran me over. I moved to another place out of her way and then she came back up and around the corner again almost hitting into me and passing within a foot. Really people?? They did have sanitizer there which I used liberally. We stopped at Sam's first and again people practically on top of each other. I kept moving away and someone instantly moved into my space.

We are trying to stay healthy so if we ever get off NY's "naughty" list we can scoot up and see our daughter and granddaughter, but that appears to be a remote possibility with the numbers DE is generating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware