Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:14 PM

699 posts, read 2,896,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Fraziers IN the Water
Oh my...I had no idea.... thanks for sharing these shots RDLR...We took a ride in our neck of the woods and didn't see much of anything. I'm so sorry to hear this. We love Fraizers...

Sorry to hear about the bad service there. We've never had a problem. In fact there is a server who looks just like Crystal Bowersox. She works very hard and has a wonderful disposition.

I was disappointed in the coverage during the storm by WBOC. Got more up to date info on KYW3. Had my family in PA texting me when tornado warning were in our area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 02:48 PM

9,729 posts, read 14,277,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
Oh my...I had no idea.... thanks for sharing these shots RDLR...We took a ride in our neck of the woods and didn't see much of anything. I'm so sorry to hear this. We love Fraizers...

Sorry to hear about the bad service there. We've never had a problem. In fact there is a server who looks just like Crystal Bowersox. She works very hard and has a wonderful disposition.

I was disappointed in the coverage during the storm by WBOC. Got more up to date info on KYW3. Had my family in PA texting me when tornado warning were in our area.
You're welcome, from PA -
WBOC is not the best source for Delaware weather emergencies, and I don't even go there. The DEMA website is my source, and they updated almost hourly.

Damage and flooding were spotty, as you know. Some people and businesses are really suffering because of the storm. Even though it could have been worse for some of us, there are many in Delaware who are still recovering from plenty of flooding. I see it while traveling up and down the state every day.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:59 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,795,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
You're welcome, from PA -
WBOC is not the best source for Delaware weather emergencies, and I don't even go there. The DEMA website is my source, and they updated almost hourly.

Damage and flooding were spotty, as you know. Some people and businesses are really suffering because of the storm. Even though it could have been worse for some of us, there are many in Delaware who are still recovering from plenty of flooding.
WDEL 1150, did a pretty good job from Dover up to Claymont and Talleyville. Which was nice since no power = no internet for me. We had no power for 13 hours which was pretty standard up here. Green Acres a development near me still may not have power and may not have it for a week. I haven't seen a development up here without a tree in the yard or on someones house, including Carrcroft, Shellburne, Green Acres(quite a few here) and Arden. Arden took a beating so did most of North Wilmington, alot of people have flooded basements and trees down. The hurricane may not have been bad for some, but it was for alot of others.

On storm coverage, letters have been written and published in the News Journal about the lack thereof in Delaware.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:43 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,915,019 times
My sister was without power for half a day, and she lives in Holiday Hills. And yep, James, you are right about all those big, old trees up in north Wilmington!

Old 08-30-2011, 03:52 PM

9,729 posts, read 14,277,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
WDEL 1150, did a pretty good job from Dover up to Claymont and Talleyville. Which was nice since no power = no internet for me. We had no power for 13 hours which was pretty standard up here. Green Acres a development near me still may not have power and may not have it for a week. I haven't seen a development up here without a tree in the yard or on someones house, including Carrcroft, Shellburne, Green Acres(quite a few here) and Arden. Arden took a beating so did most of North Wilmington, alot of people have flooded basements and trees down. The hurricane may not have been bad for some, but it was for alot of others.

On storm coverage, letters have been written and published in the News Journal about the lack thereof in Delaware.
James - We had no power for 15 hours, but no big deal for us. Our Amish friends brought us fresh baked rolls Sunday morning.

I was in North Wilmington yesterday, and Arden, as well. What a mess! I read a post by somebody in another forum and she/he said that Delaware escaped the floods and bad weather. Oh, Really? Don't you love it? Maybe that info came from one person, living in one particular subdivision. I hate it when people generalize.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:04 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,915,019 times
Two men lost their lives in NCC, apparently due to drowning--very sad.

2 Missing Men Found Dead in Del. Creek | NBC Philadelphia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware