Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2019, 03:28 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Flamingo, I;ve been reading about those snow squalls. How terrifying they must be.

Not feeling very Christmasy these days. I havent had to turn my heat on at all this season. It's hard to get excited about Christmas when the temp is in the 50s and higher. I'll be alone on Christmas and all the days around it -- but that's ok. It's a fitting way to end this year.
I just hate your going to be alone. You know we will all be there with you in spirit. <3. Do you have any kind of tree up? I have seen some of the cutest table top trees. I even lucked out and got a new one for the motor home. Don't laugh.. it's about as tall as your hand ! I got it from a thrift store for $1.00. Took a set of those wire battery lights like you out in a wine bottle, wrapped some little garland, a few ornaments and added a tree skirt form the Dollar tree. I have a flameless candle I got from another thrift store earlier in the year the play Silent knight by Kenny G. I didn't' take any pictures but I'll try to send you a short video I took. I was so cute.

I have my little camper village all set up. I keep trying to add to it bit by bit. I'll try to send you a picture of that too.

Had to order some new dog sweaters for here at the house. My poor Bailey has gotten so thin she's gone down in size but she's not quite Bruiser small. Baxter is so dang fluffy he's hard to measure. Wish me luck. Got Baxter a rain coat becasue I have to blow dry him when it rains. Which means I had to get Bailey one of course. I got her a small jacket at the thrift store and we call it her magic cape becasue she won't go outside without it now. I swear, it's like have kids all over again.

Daughter is coming over tonight to make Christmas cookies and maybe go look at lights.

I'll send you some pictures when I can and please know I am thinking of you.

I just gotta learn how to drive the motorhome...

Old 12-21-2019, 10:57 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Here are some photos Camper sent me to post. These are her darling dogs Bailey and Baxter -- and her pretty camper village next to her Christmas tree, as well as lovely Christmas lights. There are 2 pics of Bailey and 1 of Baxter. I could just hug both dogs, they're so cute.
Attached Thumbnails
Freebie chat part 3-c-bailey-1.jpg   Freebie chat part 3-c-bailey-2.jpg   Freebie chat part 3-c-baxter-1.jpg   Freebie chat part 3-c-decorations.jpg   Freebie chat part 3-c-lights.jpg  

Last edited by TFW46; 12-21-2019 at 11:18 PM..

Old 12-21-2019, 11:11 PM

I do have a ceramic tabletop Christmas tree that one of my dogs won for earning the highest score in an AKC obedience show, held close to Christmas, many years ago. It means a lot to me because he did a lovely job just one week before it was discovered that he had a very painful cancer -- and, despite undergoing many surgeries, he died a few months later. I always said that my beloved Queenie was the reincarnation of this dog -- so, even though the tree is somewhat unattractive ("ugly" might be a more appropriate word), it has a special place in my heart:
Attached Thumbnails
Freebie chat part 3-doggie-christmas-tree-1.jpg  

Last edited by TFW46; 12-21-2019 at 11:21 PM..

Old 12-22-2019, 08:58 AM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
It's a cute ugly tree - I've never seen that one.

Old 12-22-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I do have a ceramic tabletop Christmas tree that one of my dogs won for earning the highest score in an AKC obedience show, held close to Christmas, many years ago. It means a lot to me because he did a lovely job just one week before it was discovered that he had a very painful cancer -- and, despite undergoing many surgeries, he died a few months later. I always said that my beloved Queenie was the reincarnation of this dog -- so, even though the tree is somewhat unattractive ("ugly" might be a more appropriate word), it has a special place in my heart:
Anything that has a place in our hearts is beautiful. I hope you got yourself something special for Christmas.

Old 12-24-2019, 06:48 PM

Christmas Blah... While driving back from the doctor's yesterday my car started making a loud noise. I took it to a repair shop this morning and learned that the problem is my rear differential. It will cost $2,500+ for a used rear differential that already has 78,000 miles on it -- and the work will take 3-4 days to complete.

Ouch. My Jeep Cherokee has only 102,000 miles but it's 22+ years old. I'd consider buying a used car but I dont have much money and I'd be afraid of getting a vehicle that needs a lot of repairs. The repair shop checked my Jeep out and said it looks like it's in good shape except for the rear differential.

The repair shop is closed for a week starting tomorrow so I brought the car home and will take it back on January 2. They told me not to drive it any more than absolutely necessary.

What a fitting way to say goodbye to this crummy year.

But Merry Christmas to everyone. I love you all.

Last edited by TFW46; 12-24-2019 at 07:01 PM..

Old 12-25-2019, 04:35 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,423,398 times
Awww TFW just seeing this now...........well, what can we say. Here's hoping that 2020 brings all better stuff....only good things allowed in 2020. I have given my instructions already.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Christmas Blah... While driving back from the doctor's yesterday my car started making a loud noise. I took it to a repair shop this morning and learned that the problem is my rear differential. It will cost $2,500+ for a used rear differential that already has 78,000 miles on it -- and the work will take 3-4 days to complete.

Ouch. My Jeep Cherokee has only 102,000 miles but it's 22+ years old. I'd consider buying a used car but I dont have much money and I'd be afraid of getting a vehicle that needs a lot of repairs. The repair shop checked my Jeep out and said it looks like it's in good shape except for the rear differential.

The repair shop is closed for a week starting tomorrow so I brought the car home and will take it back on January 2. They told me not to drive it any more than absolutely necessary.

What a fitting way to say goodbye to this crummy year.

But Merry Christmas to everyone. I love you all.
Oh no!!!!!!! I'm so sorry!! And here I was bragging about my new(to me) car. I hope you'll be ok.

Can you believe I have already started packing stuff away for next year?! It was either that or go clearance shopping. I have start small though. Hubby would leave it up until Easter if he had his way.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Awww TFW just seeing this now...........well, what can we say. Here's hoping that 2020 brings all better stuff....only good things allowed in 2020. I have given my instructions already.
I had a pretty good 2019 but there's always room for improvement. Here's to clearing out a ton more stuff we just don't use anymore.

All kidding aside I do wish a great 2020 to everyone.

Old 12-26-2019, 10:45 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,423,398 times
Camper- we downsized last year and really did get rid of tons of stuff......but still have things that just have no home in our new place. I am usually pretty good at getting rid (mostly giving away) but I must tell you- the photos are my challenge. I went through preliminarily when we were going to be moving......and then when we got here tried again. I have gotten rid of a lot but there is just a ridiculous amount in albums, in boxes, and of course, loose.
All I can say is allow yourself lots of time. I also used freecycle which was really wonderful. Some areas have buynothing groups. The nice part is that its not going to a landfill and will get used by someone who wants it. Win win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff