Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 05:00 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times

Advertisements

Poor Camper. I thought it was miserable when my home was remodeled in 2007-2008 and I had a friend doing all the work (well, I hired a contractor and we became friends throughout the remodeling).

I do think that sometimes remodeling can be more difficult than building. But I know you're tough and you can do anything. So I'll wish you luck but I doubt you'll need much of it.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:35 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Poor Camper. I thought it was miserable when my home was remodeled in 2007-2008 and I had a friend doing all the work (well, I hired a contractor and we became friends throughout the remodeling).

I do think that sometimes remodeling can be more difficult than building. But I know you're tough and you can do anything. So I'll wish you luck but I doubt you'll need much of it.
It's all good. Besides, life's an adventure!

Old 03-23-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
It's all good. Besides, life's an adventure!

See, that's the great attitude to which I was referring. You can do anything.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:31 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
Hope you all are doing well!! Just a quick post to ask you all to think positively for a good friend (not sure if I'd posted before about her, she had a heart attack out of the blue, she's not a big person, eats well, exercises, etc.) - they had seen a spot on her lung during testing for that last year, had tests (several of which I took her for so her husband didn't have to take off work) - she had another check recently and Dr. said he wanted her to have a biopsy (which entailed taking her over blood thinners for awhile) - biopsy on Thurs. - her lung collapsed and the inserted chest tube - admitted of course - kept drugged up because of the pain. Talked to her last night and she is in good spirits (I was going to visit today but she didn't know about any testing, etc.) - she calls tonight and she had another thing w/her heart last night... EKG shows something on other side of heart - scheduled for cardiac catheterization tomorrow - Meant to make this short but I'm worried (that's what I do) - left message for husband asking if he wanted me to go w/him tomorrow but haven't heard back (he's not good about checking the phone)

Old 03-31-2015, 02:46 AM

Flamingo, prayers to St Jude (patron saint of hopeless cases, and of things almost despaired of) for your friend -- not that hers is a hopeless case by any means, but St Jude is always my go-to guy.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:49 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
Thanks TFW - her procedure was delayed today (you prob. heard about the hospital on the news....) - seems if she had to have something it turned out well - the 3 main arteries are clear, one very small vein is 90% blocked (they think that's what caused her discomfort) - too small (and dangerous) for a stent, so they will try meds. - her other stents are all clear - they are also telling her her lung is inflating nicely (still has the chest tube though), no idea yet when she will get out.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Thanks TFW - her procedure was delayed today (you prob. heard about the hospital on the news....) - seems if she had to have something it turned out well - the 3 main arteries are clear, one very small vein is 90% blocked (they think that's what caused her discomfort) - too small (and dangerous) for a stent, so they will try meds. - her other stents are all clear - they are also telling her her lung is inflating nicely (still has the chest tube though), no idea yet when she will get out.
Sending best wishes and warm thoughts for your friends speedy recovery.

What happened at the hospital?

Old 04-01-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post

Yes, I read about the armed prisoner/patient who escaped from that hospital (and was later caught). I'm so glad that your friend is doing well now. Prayers and positive thoughts do work.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
...What happened at the hospital?

Camper, an armed prisoner escaped from that hospital yesterday. I paid attention to the news stories about it because my sister lives up there and I know that Flamingo does too.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Camper, an armed prisoner escaped from that hospital yesterday. I paid attention to the news stories about it because my sister lives up there and I know that Flamingo does too.
Forgive me, it's April fools and all.... my first thought when I read this was " they arm the prisoners there??!!!!"

Not a joking matter I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff