Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2020, 11:45 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,013,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Same here, Camper. I was climbing the walls. I had meals and groceries delivered during the 2 weeks but I'd still get a knot in my stomach when I looked at my empty garage.

In a way, this has been a positive experience, despite the stress. There have been times when I considered giving up my car and just taking taxis wherever I needed to go. I figured it would save me a lot of money. But now I know I couldn't do it. Thank goodness I discovered that before i did it.
Same here once upon a time, but NO WAY now! True, I only go the the store every now and then and an occasional dr. appointment but now that I go visit Rita there just no way I could not have a car. That and I just love driving again.

Beautiful weather today!! We really needed the rain but wow it was different. I bought both dogs rain coats a while back knowing the rain was coming. Bailey ( the chiwawa ) loves here but Baxter hasn't made his mind up yet.

I finally got some new dog trimmers. Poor Baxter is such a mess when we go camping with all the stickers and burrs around I have decided to go ahead and keep him fairly short....let just say it will grow back !! Ha!! Funny thing is I went in for a trim the other day and got scalped too. Now we look like we went to the same place.

Old 01-19-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Same here, Camper. I was climbing the walls. I had meals and groceries delivered during the 2 weeks but I'd still get a knot in my stomach when I looked at my empty garage.

In a way, this has been a positive experience, despite the stress. There have been times when I considered giving up my car and just taking taxis wherever I needed to go. I figured it would save me a lot of money. But now I know I couldn't do it. Thank goodness I discovered that before i did it.
Same here once upon a time, but NO WAY now! True, I only go the the store every now and then and an occasional dr. appointment but now that I go visit Rita there just no way I could not have a car. That and I just love driving again.

Beautiful weather today!! We really needed the rain but wow it was different. I bought both dogs rain coats a while back knowing the rain was coming. Bailey ( the chiwawa ) loves here but Baxter hasn't made his mind up yet.

I finally got some new dog trimmers. Poor Baxter is such a mess when we go camping with all the stickers and burrs around I have decided to go ahead and keep him fairly short....let just say it will grow back !! Ha!! Funny thing is I went in for a trim the other day and got scalped too. Now we look like we went to the same place.

Old 01-19-2020, 02:49 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,805,301 times
Quote:
YAY! They just called. They test-drove the car and it’s fine. I’m SO happy!

The total bill is $2,084. That includes re-building the transmission, new rear shocks and oxygen sensor – as well as doing the state inspection for my 2021 tag and an oil change with synthetic oil I had asked for the state inspection and oil change as long as the car was in the shop anyway. They did another 100,0000 mile checkup (I had the first one done 2 years ago) and said the car is good to go.

The transmission re-build was $1,800 so I think they gave me a good price on everything else, probably because they had my car for so long.

They’ll come get me tomorrow around 11:00. Then I have to run some errands. It’s so hard to live in Houston without a car for 2 weeks!
Glad you got your car back! (still cheaper than a new vehicle)

I only go out 1-2x week (some weeks not at all) - I have plenty of food here so I certainly won't starve but I know the feeling of not having a vehicle "in case".

Sorry I haven't posted lately, more family drama (what else is new? LOL)

Old 01-19-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Glad you got your car back! (still cheaper than a new vehicle)

I only go out 1-2x week (some weeks not at all) - I have plenty of food here so I certainly won't starve but I know the feeling of not having a vehicle "in case".

Sorry I haven't posted lately, more family drama (what else is new? LOL)
Sorry for the drama. Sometimes ( mostly not ) I don't miss not having a family.

Old 01-19-2020, 05:01 PM

I am the oldest daughter (and the only responsible/intelligent person, - can't make people have common sense - thank you though!

Old 01-19-2020, 09:28 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,447,098 times
Thanks for the posts, Camper and Flamingo. It makes me feel better to know that there are others who dont go out a lot either.

Camper, I'd love to see a photo of you and Baxter -- to compare your scalpings. I was scalped a little over a year ago and havent had my hair cut since then. It grows fast and is now down to my shoulders. I'm going to keep it long (for a while at least) but I need to get it trimmed professionally.

And, Flamingo, there's plenty of drama in my family too. I suspect most families have some sort of drama from time to time.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:17 PM

Thanks gals - some of us (me) have never-ending drama sometimes. Trying to help my elderly mother to NOT be so upset up the issues, etc. - sigh.

I need to do something about my hair as well - we'll see

Old 01-21-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks gals - some of us (me) have never-ending drama sometimes. Trying to help my elderly mother to NOT be so upset up the issues, etc. - sigh.

I need to do something about my hair as well - we'll see
DON'T cut it!!!! Mine is growing already. I did this a few years back too. Seems to be a pattern with me and always seems to be in the dead of winter.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:00 AM

- couldn't rep you again - I ALWAYS seem to go through a stage where I let it grow, hate it, get it cut - I just really don't look good in longer hair (thus the trying again and again for years - like something will magically change - problem is, I don't want to spend a fortune and every time I finally find a hairdresser I like - they are eventually gone..... (I do need to do something w/the color though)

Old 01-22-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
- couldn't rep you again - I ALWAYS seem to go through a stage where I let it grow, hate it, get it cut - I just really don't look good in longer hair (thus the trying again and again for years - like something will magically change - problem is, I don't want to spend a fortune and every time I finally find a hairdresser I like - they are eventually gone..... (I do need to do something w/the color though)
Awe, thanks for trying. My repping is all messed up. Won't let me rep anyone. I decided to go all natural a few years back. It's not like I was fooling anyone. I think I look my age and I'm ok with that. I have noticed with my hair shorter it is easier to wash it in the camper so that's a bright side. Besides, I only see it when I look in the mirror!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff