Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2019, 02:38 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times

Advertisements

I dont want to be a downer but it dawned on me that Bob's last post was two years ago yesterday or today. And he died 2 weeks later. How can two years have gone by so quickly?
Attached Thumbnails
Freebie chat part 3-bobrainman-1.jpg  

Old 11-30-2019, 07:10 PM

My sister has gone back to Virginia. It's so hard to see her leave. She has a muscle-wasting disease and it was very hard for her to get up from the couch or the bed. She uses a walker but will be in a wheelchair eventually. She said she'll be back in the Spring and I hope she's well enough to make it.

As we get older it gets more depressing every time she goes back home. My mother, who was born in Germany, used to go back to visit her family there every 5 years. For the last 15 years or so before dementia took over, she stopped going back. I asked her why and she said it was just too hard knowing that it would be the last time she'd see some or many of her family. At the time I didnt really understand what she meant, but now I do.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:49 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I dont want to be a downer but it dawned on me that Bob's last post was two years ago yesterday or today. And he died 2 weeks later. How can two years have gone by so quickly?
OMG!! How did I miss this?! I never knew what he looked like. He was always so nice to me. I think of him often.

Old 12-01-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
OMG!! How did I miss this?! I never knew what he looked like. He was always so nice to me. I think of him often.

You must have missed when I posted his obituary, Camper. The obit included a closeup photo of him, which I saved to my computer:
Attached Thumbnails
Freebie chat part 3-bobrainman-bob-ares.jpg  

Old 12-01-2019, 08:47 PM

TFW, you are like the favorite Aunt that always keeps in touch with everyone, always watching over us. Thank you.

Old 12-01-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
TFW, you are like the favorite Aunt that always keeps in touch with everyone, always watching over us. Thank you.

Old 12-02-2019, 12:29 PM

Lol!!!! And you have a great sense of humor!!!!

Have I told you how much I LOVE driving my new Traverse?!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to run out today and almost halfway around the city just driving.
It'got such a smooth ride but it's as much fun to drive as my 78 Firebird. And that baby will GO!! I may look like a mom car but it's luxurious.

Old 12-02-2019, 02:50 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Quote:
She does stay on top of us! Many hugs to TFW

Old 12-04-2019, 01:44 PM

Whew! This is my week to get repairs made and maintenance done. Monday I had Comcast come out to install a new upgraded modem that Comcast insisted I must have. They sent it to me through the mail and I knew I'd never be able to install it myself. The last time they sent me a new modem I had my computer guy out here and it took him 2 hours plus 2 phone calls to Comcast to get it done.

So I had a Comcast tech come out to install this new modem. Guess what -- he told me it was not working. Luckily, he had another new modem in his truck. Comcast sent me a "new" modem that wasnt working. How would I have known that if I'd tried to install it myself? Arghhh.

Then yesterday I had my Winter HVAC inspection.

Today I had a plumber come out to replace a diverter valve. That's the thingie that changes the water flow from tub spout to showerhead. I hate repairmen who talk to you like you're a dummy. I may be a dummy but I know when water is hot and when it's just lukewarm. Another arghhh. I always tip generously (too generously) but not this guy.

Tomorrow and Friday I'm going to relax.

Old 12-13-2019, 12:07 PM

What a crazy time of year this is. Everyone is so frustrated because they haven't shopped, don't like what they got or don't know what to get. I used to love just going into the sores and watching people but not so much anymore.

I miss the old days of when I was a kid and Christmas was so magical. The house smelled sooo good and wrapping paper was everywhere. We never went to a store to get gifts and was always surprised and pleased, Christmas morning to find all the new socks and underwear we got. The stocking were filled with fresh fruit and nuts. No candy to be found . Sometimes there was a toy but we were raised Christmas was all about the day, not material things. I even caught my father in his underwear on Christmas Eve putting gifts under the tree.

I am taking my friend Rita shopping Tuesday becasue she hasn't been able to shop at all ( not like I haven't offered... )
She has no idea what to get for anyone and is getting so frustrated with it all. She can hardly stand for long anymore so I'll get a chair and push her around which will upset her but I try to explain it's better than her falling becasue if that happens all I can do is wait with her while we get someone to help.

We do laugh at all the grumpy people which is hilarious becasue she is the original Ms. grumpy pants!!

I looked and looked for months trying to think of something I could get her and finally decided on the sweetest set of wind chimes. I think she will like them and think of me when she hears them.

Somehow I lost a whole paragraph of this, but my point was how much times have changed. I think we will take a ride tonight and look at Christmas lights in my new car. Hopefully it will get cool and we can ride with the windows down and listen to some Christmas music. I love to take a cuddly blanket when we do that. I love to feel the cold air on my face.

Tomorrow will be a new day and the Christmas spirit will be back.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff