Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 06:36 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,797,410 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I headed over Sunday to check out the FW Trader Joes. We needed to drop my daughter off at DFW for a 7 am flight and decided to get some breakfast and be at the store for the 8 am opening.

There was already a line of about 10-15 people waiting, no issues parking although I can imagine that when the parking lot is full with cars coming and going, it's tight. There are signs on other businesses' adjacent parking lots stating no Trader Joes parking.

We enjoyed the store! As we looked around, we heard other patrons saying things like "there's my TJ coffee I've been waiting for!" We bought a few frozen & pantry items and some produce. The joke was on US though as we hoped to load up on a case of Two Buck (now Three Buck) Chuck wine as we realized no wine sales before 12 noon on Sundays, and it was only 8:30, we weren't going to wait.

As we left, we saw that security guards were in place in the parking lot, setting up cones and starting to direct traffic. It will be nice once the Dallas stores get underway to have as an option to shop. Hubby and I will be empty nesters next summer, while I don't think it's practical to shop at TJ's to feed a family of 5 consistently (I shop Kroger for that), I do think we will shop there occasionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 07:11 AM

12,227 posts, read 21,639,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
I' am glad Trader Joes is finally here to. I went to the Fort Worth store a few days ago and liked the store very much. Got me some healthy groceries at a fraction of the cost of say a Kroger or Tom Thumb.

I have a question about Central Market; aren't they supposed to be cheaper and more reasonably priced than Whole Foods as well? I live near the Plano store off of coit, but just haven't made it over there yet.
I wouldn't use cheaper and Central Market in the same sentence except for one steal I know there: bulk spices. You can get enough oregano to fill a spice jar twice for about 30 cents.
I'm a dried fruit fan and I also recommend the dried nectarines in the bulk section.

My TJ's dried fruit that I'm dying for more of are their California-style dried apricots. They are sweet, sour, and somehow still moist. I'm jonesing.

Another great TJ's item is the cracked wheat sourdough bread. Love it with chicken salad or at it's best as cheese toast (spread bread with a little butter, sprinkle with garlic powder, cover with sharp cheddar and melt till bubbly).

Old 06-26-2012, 11:13 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,892,974 times
Finally made it over to FW for a Trader Joe's run. Whippeeee!!!!!

The store wasn't too crowded at all this morning. TJ's does not have dry ice, but the Central Market just north on Hulen does. It kept my Lemon & Triple Ginger Snap Ice Cream frozen all afternoon in the cooler while my daughter & I visited the water gardens and ate lunch in the stock yards and then drove home to SE CoCo.

So much closer than the ones in Milwaukee, Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City that we have shopped at while on various trips.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:51 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,788,005 times
I have never been to a Trader Joe's before so I finally went to the one in FW last weekend and I don't get the hype at all. I didn't find their prices that great either. After perusing the store, the only thing I bought was the Two Buck Chuck wine. The one negative about the TJ's in FW, is the parking situation is not the best. I'm surprised they didn't put in in a place that had more parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas