Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 11:47 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,683,286 times

Advertisements

The West Plano Trader Joe's location will be Preston and Park,the Dallas location will be lower Greenville.....

The Plano location will open Spring 2012 and the Dallas location will open late 2012

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/r...-next-year.ece

Last edited by CREW747; 12-29-2011 at 12:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 07:31 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,834,376 times
Wow! Now that Sprouts have opened on almost every corner, I wonder if it's too late for TJ to finally make it, when people were begging and begging for a TJ for years!

Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,438,774 times

Living close to Park and Preston usually pays off.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:06 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,651,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
Wow! Now that Sprouts have opened on almost every corner, I wonder if it's too late for TJ to finally make it, when people were begging and begging for a TJ for years!
I don't see Sprouts and TJ's as very direct competitors. Sprouts has a significant produce department, TJ's really doesn't.

Was just talking to someone about TJ's last night, and am VERY excited to hear this news! Now if they can just get some locations out around Southlake/Colleyville/Flower Mound....

Old 12-29-2011, 08:08 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,639,251 times
I am bummed about the lower Greenville location. The old Whole Foods site will sit vacant while they build a new building for Trader Joe's basically caddy-corner across the street. The new location for TJ's is where they were going to put in a Food Truck park. Too bad we can't have both.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:49 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,768,882 times
>>The old Whole Foods site will sit vacant while they build a new building for Trader Joe's basically caddy-corner across the street. The new location for TJ's is where they were going to put in a Food Truck park. Too bad we can't have both.<<

Agreed!

Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,490,199 times
Not sure everyone has access to the DMN, but here's a link we can all read.
Trader Joe's opening stores on Lower Greenville and in Plano | www.pegasusnews.com | Dallas/Fort Worth

Too bad about the food truck park, but that wasn't going to fly. I know some folks who looked into it and they said it was going to be about a 100k investment to retrofit the Airstreams and make other improvements. Too much for the food truckers I know.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:19 AM

686 posts, read 2,438,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
Not sure everyone has access to the DMN, but here's a link we can all read.
Trader Joe's opening stores on Lower Greenville and in Plano | www.pegasusnews.com | Dallas/Fort Worth

Too bad about the food truck park, but that wasn't going to fly. I know some folks who looked into it and they said it was going to be about a 100k investment to retrofit the Airstreams and make other improvements. Too much for the food truckers I know.
The food truck area may still happen, although it probably won't be like they had originally envisioned:

Plans Remain For Food Trailer Court Parked Next to Trader Joe's on Old Arcadia Site - Dallas News - Unfair Park

Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,560,176 times
Great to see (lil' ol' Greenville, SC where I live now got a TJ's earlier this year )! If the West Plano location is opening this spring, they must have already started renovations/construction by now, eh?

I know lots of folks dog TJs, but honestly you can't beat the prices for what you get. I've never seen such a wide range of pre-prepared foods. My sister in law sent us a cookbook of "recipes' for dishes you can make using the TJs items - pretty cool!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:41 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,490,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymachinebl View Post
The food truck area may still happen, although it probably won't be like they had originally envisioned:

Plans Remain For Food Trailer Court Parked Next to Trader Joe's on Old Arcadia Site - Dallas News - Unfair Park
I read that. Wonder if they are going to change it from how they originally were going to set it up. Only one tenant had signed on - and that was a tenant with a couple of very successful bricks and mortar locations - they had the 100k to get into the food truck park. Food trucks are not about huge capital investments - apparently that is lost on Madison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas