Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 11:29 AM

13 posts, read 49,054 times

Advertisements

Hello Every1!

we are considering to buy homes in Rolling Ridge Murphy, or in west frisco (near to mall). our main concerns are schools i have two daughters (5,8), shopping area, and close to highways. also we are looking 5 bedroom, 4+ baths, 2 livings, 4500 sqft. our budget is $400-450,000. how these two places are different to each other, how is the resale value? which is more upper scale area?

rolling ridge has big homes nice community but not close to high ways and mall, has plano ISD, but i heard mostly that east plano schools are not that best that west plano schools are. why is that???????
also which builder is better Grand or Shaddock????

Now Frisco, ok i have heard all good things about it but after reading some threads about schools overlap and kid can go to other isd such as lewisville while living in frisco put me down.
i was interesting in villages of stonelake, stone creek village, shaddock creek, pearson farms.
is there any other nice community close to mall and higway and not so overlap schools, also prefer collin county, but can go with denton too if we found something that best match to our requirment.

any advices or experiences greatly appreciated.

thanks in Advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 11:49 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,745,552 times
I live in that neighborhood. We are getting a new HS this fall (9-10). As far as the difference between the different Plano HS, they are all very strong schools. East has the IB program. Everyone I know is very happy with the quality of education at Plano East. But any school you choose in Plano will be a great choice.

And Hunt Elementary is an awesome school. Everyone in the neighborhood just loves it. Huge parental support. Same with Murphy MS.

As far as distance to the highways, we're only about 10 mins from 190 via Renner. And there's no issue with shopping. We are easy drives to Firewheel and the shops at Allen/Fairview and the what's left at Collin Creek. There's a Target and Kohl's five mins from RR. Plenty of grocery options.

If you'd like more specific info about RR or Murphy, please feel free to PM me.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:51 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,745,552 times
Oh and you definitely want to go with Shaddock. Not Grand. Look at Phase 5. Those are larger lots.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:38 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,925,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suha1 View Post
.. but i heard mostly that east plano schools are not that best that west plano schools are. why is that??????? ...
Because people assume that rich people are better classmates for their kids.

I can think of some really crappy schools that feed to Plano West (Jackson Elementary is a mess, and I think Frankford MS ranks far, far below Murphy MS). The one area that clearly has superior schools top to bottom is the Jasper HS area.

Quote:
also which builder is better Grand or Shaddock????
Tough choice. Shaddock has had serious financial problems. On the other hand, you could pick up a truck full of day laborers and get a better builder than Grand.

Quote:
... and kid can go to other isd such as lewisville while living in frisco put me down.
I think you're not understanding this quite correctly. It is most definitely NOT the case that kids "can" go to other ISDs while living in Frisco. Instead, what is meant is that the City of Frisco is divided among multiple ISDs. Certain parts of Frisco attend Lewisville ISD schools. (For that matter, certain parts of Plano attend Frisco ISD schools.) Whatever ISD you happen to live in - that's where your kids will attend school. You can't cross school district boundaries. Those who live in Frisco + Lewisville ISD have no option to attend Frisco ISD schools.

Along those lines, Plano ISD is very liberal about allowing kids to attend any school in the district, subject to space availability. So if those east Plano schools don't meet your needs, you can switch to other Plano ISD schools - about 5% of PISD students do so.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 PM

Thank you Murphy, your answers are really helpfull, which builder home you live in? and for how long and any problems or great thing about home or builder? is it worth it buy 400-500,000 homes in murphy?can you also tell me something about resale value in RR.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Old 03-17-2011, 12:53 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,441,302 times
One thing you have not mentioned is your commute...Murphy and Frisco are on opposite sides of Collin County. Since the schools are pretty much a wash, your commute might be a deciding factor

Old 03-17-2011, 12:58 PM

Thank you BIG G,
i 100% agree with ur first answer!!!
shocked to hear about Grands poor construction
i know frisco has divided isd but still got wrong thanks to clear that.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
One thing you have not mentioned is your commute...Murphy and Frisco are on opposite sides of Collin County. Since the schools are pretty much a wash, your commute might be a deciding factor

my husband works from home 2 days a week and he left home after rush hour, he go to dallas.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:14 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,474,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suha1 View Post
Thank you BIG G,
i 100% agree with ur first answer!!!
shocked to hear about Grands poor construction
i know frisco has divided isd but still got wrong thanks to clear that.
Me three! East Plano is "bad" because it has Mexicans, AA's, and other diverse riff raff. WP ist die Ubermensch. (snotzis)

Grand is well documented to be Grand Theft Realto ...

Old 03-17-2011, 07:50 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,462,012 times
All districts cross city lines. Some of the city of Richardson feeds into Plano ISD. Some of the city of Dallas feeds into Plano ISD and Richardson ISD. Some of Little Elm feeds into Frisco ISD. Some of McKinney feeds into Frisco ISD. Some of the city of Plano feeds into Frisco ISD. Some of the city of Allen feeds into Plano ISD. No district follows city lines. That's what makes them "independent school districts." You just attend the district your house is zoned into. Within districts you can sometimes do a transfer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas