Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 05:19 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,204,077 times

Advertisements

Obviously I have to explain once more that our schools have a very wide range of people. One size does not fit all as in many schools. This is an asset in the opinion of the wealthy people who could opt for private but put their kids in our public schools. And by the way not all the hispanics are poor academically or financially. If you are hispanic then you realize there are all sorts from newcomers who don't speak English to those who go back generations and don't know Spanish. If that is not your cup of tea then please desist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 07:44 PM

28 posts, read 27,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Obviously I have to explain once more that our schools have a very wide range of people. One size does not fit all as in many schools. This is an asset in the opinion of the wealthy people who could opt for private but put their kids in our public schools. And by the way not all the hispanics are poor academically or financially. If you are hispanic then you realize there are all sorts from newcomers who don't speak English to those who go back generations and don't know Spanish. If that is not your cup of tea then please desist.
Fascinating. 70 percent majority of hispanics (like me) in Lakewood = "wide range". 70% caucasians in a non DISD school is considered "sterile and lily white".

Unfortunately, Lakewood schools don't have a wide range of people.

I'm sorry you are uncomfortable with the reality of your school system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtex View Post
To all the regulars - you know who you are. Please stop the bleeding on this. If you ignore Mike and 90210 (who are probably the same person) she/he/they will eventually get bored and move on. Until then, they are having fun stirring the pot, and ruining an otherwise lovely board.

Stop defending what doesn't need defending.
Deb, haven't seen you try to pull the plug on any of Lakewoody's baiting and propaganda threads. Maybe I missed that.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:56 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,438,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_Mike View Post
Deb, haven't seen you try to pull the plug on any of Lakewoody's baiting and propaganda threads. Maybe I missed that.
I know I shouldn't feed trolls, but...
Well many of us talk up our neighborhoods, and Lakewooder certainly does that, as do I, as do numerous others from both the city and the suburbs, you haven't done that. You have only trashed an area and schools you don't like. Oh and also unlike the rest of us I mean only. As in literally only, as in every single solitary post you have ever made.

See the difference. No posts from you on where the best hamburger could be bought, where someone might like to go to church, Dallas area politics, Dallas area arts, tax rates, regional events. Only bashing one area, and schools. So the comparison you make is invalid on so many levels.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:28 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,204,077 times
Mike why do you hate your own people?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Mike why do you hate your own people?

When all else fails, play the race card. You've learned quite a bit from our city leaders.

I've presented quite a bit of objective data. I'm sorry you don't seem to like it. I'd channel energies to change what you don't find to be palatable. Just a thought.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:34 PM

52 posts, read 126,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_Mike View Post
When all else fails, play the race card. You've learned quite a bit from our city leaders.

I've presented quite a bit of objective data. I'm sorry you don't seem to like it. I'd channel energies to change what you don't find to be palatable. Just a thought.
Whichever school district you matriculated from would be ashamed of your posts on this board. DISD definitely needs to be fixed. But gloating about it is shameful and speaks only to your character and intelligence.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth2003 View Post
I know I shouldn't feed trolls, but...
Well many of us talk up our neighborhoods, and Lakewooder certainly does that, as do I, as do numerous others from both the city and the suburbs, you haven't done that. You have only trashed an area and schools you don't like. Oh and also unlike the rest of us I mean only. As in literally only, as in every single solitary post you have ever made.

See the difference. No posts from you on where the best hamburger could be bought, where someone might like to go to church, Dallas area politics, Dallas area arts, tax rates, regional events. Only bashing one area, and schools. So the comparison you make is invalid on so many levels.
Whew. I've seen enough of your posts now to realize why you feel objective measurements of grammar, spelling and sentence structure (TAKS) are not important. Are you a Woody graduate?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockholmes2501 View Post
Whichever school district you matriculated from would be ashamed of your posts on this board. DISD definitely needs to be fixed. But gloating about it is shameful and speaks only to your character and intelligence.
I'm sorry you don't like the data. Sherlock.

Are you upset that I am making people aware of the information?

Are you upset at the information?

Help me to understand.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:46 PM

52 posts, read 126,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas90210 View Post
Lakewoods schools are ghetto and not rated so great - particularly the middle and high schools. When you tell people they are good, you are flat out lying to them. There is a reason people who can afford it send their kids to private school in that area. LOL

If Dallas is so ghetto, why is your screen name "dallas90210?" That kind of implies the Beverly Hills of Dallas. If Dallas is so bad, why name it?

Only a fool would buy what you are selling. Oh, and by the way, let's look at the poor ghetto:

The horror, the horror!

Last edited by sherlockholmes2501; 08-03-2011 at 12:55 PM..

Old 08-03-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockholmes2501 View Post
If Dallas is so ghetto, why is your screen name "dallas90210?" That kind of implies the Beverly Hills of Dallas. If Dallas is so bad, why name it?

Only a fool would buy what you are selling. Oh, and by the way, let's look at the poor ghetto:

The horror, the horror!
This reminds me of Lakewoody's technique. Majority of pics are of pretty white people that only represent 15% of school population!!

His camera lens must selectively cut my people out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas