Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 02:15 PM

83,511 posts, read 75,277,900 times

Advertisements

FROST ADVISORY OUT FOR ALL 8 COUNTIES TONIGHT.

Between Midnight and 8am. Temps will dip to mid 30s. Protect those plants! Gotta bring my lemon plant inside. Broccolis should be ok for one night.

Spotty hit and miss showers around right now. Some rain tomorrow evening. All from the Storm up in Canada rotating these waves into U.S and towards us.

Freeze Warning in MA, Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden , Hampshire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 04:20 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
Since Jan 1st to today (April 25th)…..a total of 115 days….only 21 have been below normal….and 94 HAVE BEEN ABOVE NORMAL (lol). Jan was above normal….Feb was above normal….March was above normal….April was above normal. I feel kind of bad that winter fans have to take like today with blazing sunshine and 60 F highs (and tonight’s 30’s ) as what passes for “cold weather”….lol. I had a nice day in the sun today, I’m happy whether it’s 60, 85, 71 F…etc. On the other hand it seems that the poor winter fans are so depressed when it’s even above 50 F outside. So I can understand their anger.

The bad news (and for our phantom Gil Simmons is really going to be seeing red - literally at this)…by next week at this time our old friend the southerly flow returns…and temps will head into the 70’s and we could be looking at near 80 F by the end of next week.

Last edited by JayCT; 04-26-2012 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: Removed flame

Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 PM

Without any real warmth to talk about in this new pattern, here's what the GFS and NAM have for lows. GFS has Sunday morning as the coldest morning next 5 days. NAM has Saturday morning. NAM brings 20s all the way to Northern Fairfield County.

Warms up next week but even thats long range at this point.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:10 PM

Check this out. Kinda suprised me.

Hartford Left. Bridgeport Right.

The night lows are NOT going below normal but in fact the day highs ARE.
The other thing is, is that correct Hartford Normal is 4 degrees higher than BDR's?

Last 4 days CLEARLY shows the area being below normal. and look at the difference with todays temps being inland and near the coast.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:21 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
I know winter fans are very angry and a few cool days might cool them off (lol). I can understand their frustration. In fact, all one has to do is look at this YEAR SO FAR at NWS Bridgeport or Central Park:

Since Jan 1st to today (April 25th)…..a total of 115 days….only 21 have been below normal….and 94 HAVE BEEN ABOVE NORMAL (lol). Jan was above normal….Feb was above normal….March was above normal….April was above normal. I feel kind of bad that winter fans have to take like today with blazing sunshine and 60 F highs (and tonight’s 30’s ) as what passes for “cold weather”….lol. I had a nice day in the sun today, I’m happy whether it’s 60, 85, 71 F…etc. On the other hand it seems that the poor winter fans are so depressed when it’s even above 50 F outside. So I can understand their anger.

The bad news (and for our phantom Gil Simmons is really going to be seeing red - literally at this)…by next week at this time our old friend the southerly flow returns…and temps will head into the 70’s and we could be looking at near 80 F by the end of next week.
This week made up for it!!! Glorious cool weather....

Last edited by JayCT; 04-26-2012 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: Removed flame

Old 04-26-2012, 04:03 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Article on Weather Channel website about this weekend's "chill": April Chill: Spring Frustration - weather.com (http://beta.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/april-chill-ahead_2012-04-25 - broken link)

Wave, yes, it shows we're currently well above normal, but the point is right now. I personally think this weekend's temps will knock Central Park out of the "top 10" for this month.

Also interesting is the point about Chicago possibly having a warmer March than April....they did note it happened once before, in 1907!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post

Wave, yes, it shows we're currently well above normal, but the point is right now. I personally think this weekend's temps will knock Central Park out of the "top 10" for this month.
Yes, just checked NWS this morning – CP is now down to 55.5 F …tied for the 8th warmest April at Central Park since 1869. You’re likely right, NWS Central Park might slip below the top 10 by Monday. 55.1 F is the bottom (1910 – 2005), so it will really be a foot race to see how it all plays out at the end. Still, back at the end of March, I was so sure April would be 1 maybe 1.5/1.7 F above normal…not 3 F above normal.

What is interesting (and scary from a climate change perspective) is that there has now been 12 months of above normal temps at NWS Central Park (and I would guess Bridgeport as well). The last below normal month was March 2011.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:25 AM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
I have again had to delete or modify a number of posts on this thread becausing of flaming and off-topic comments. This must stop or I will begin issuing infractions and possibly close the thread. JayCT, Moderator

Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
What is interesting (and scary from a climate change perspective) is that there has now been 12 months of above normal temps at NWS Central Park (and I would guess Bridgeport as well). The last below normal month was March 2011.
Old News. I posted this March 25th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Also note: Last 11 months have had above normal mean temp so March will make it 12 straight months!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Will April put a stop to the 12 straight months of above normal??

Moving on. Some rain tonight but the Next system will slide West to East.

NAM has little snow slightly north of I-80, Clouds with some flurries for coastal CT.

GFS has a dry weekend for us. Take your pick.

All models agree it will be chilly.

Little warm up next week seems more likely but its still long range.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:22 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
The U.S drought monitor just released their weekly numbers; post Northeaster. Wasn't enough to end the drought, but it's a start. Long Island is now D1 instead of D2 and most of Massachusetts except the immediate coastal areas are no longer D2. The western third of the state is now D0, meaning abnormally dry rather than drought conditions. Oddly, considering the highest precipitation totals were in CT, southern CT is still stuck in severe drought.

Regional Drought Monitor: Northeast

drought conditions from two weeks ago were poster here by wavehunter:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/weath...ch-may-81.html

It doesn't look obviously dry where I am now, if we get sporadic rain we might be ok but it will get more iffy as it gets hotter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut