Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,359,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
HAha...I live in North Carolina so I dont have to worry about that as it stays pretty moderate. Na..when summer comes I go north as much as I can. We still get the seasons here..thank goodness. How anyone could live in Florida is BEYOND me. Oh and 50-70 I agree with 90???? NO...most people hate hot weather especially males. You are different.
Hmm…I don’t know about that?

The extreme heat of the desert (110-120 F) might be too much for most humans…but people take vacations to places like the Caribbean to get hot 85 F , humid weather 12 months a year (lol). Warm and wet is the craddle of life, that's why life started in the tropics - not the poles.Not too many people vacation to places that are freezing cold, cloudy, and buried in snow.

Our long hot, humid summers on the East Coast are one of the best parts about living here. From May through September is the best weather all year. A sunny 88 F day, a moist southerly wind, and a good south swell…in doesn’t get any better than that.

As an old man once told me in Jamaica who owned a small hotel - there are no resorts in the arctic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 12:11 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Hmm…I don’t know about that?

The extreme heat of the desert (110-120 F) might be too much for most humans…but people take vacations to places like the Caribbean to get hot 85 F , humid weather 12 months a year (lol). Warm and wet is the craddle of life, that's why life started in the tropics - not the poles.Not too many people vacation to places that are freezing cold, cloudy, and buried in snow.

Our long hot, humid summers on the East Coast are one of the best parts about living here. From May through September is the best weather all year. A sunny 88 F day, a moist southerly wind, and a good south swell…in doesn’t get any better than that.

As an old man once told me in Jamaica who owned a small hotel - there are no resorts in the arctic
VACATIONS my friend..you hit it on the head...most don't want to LIVE there.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:18 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,417,373 times
Vacations are the key word. I don't want to live in any extreme weather, whether it be hot all year or cold all year. Four relatively moderate seasons, please!

Old 02-15-2011, 12:38 PM

308 posts, read 679,876 times
I love the winter and consider myself a complete snow loving freak! However, if you were to run a poll of the general populace in the northeast, I believe the most popular season probably would not be either winter or summer, but fall. I hate the heat and humidity and I think many people would agree.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:24 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,089,300 times
agreed, I love from September 1st through thanksgiving, nicest time of the year. Spring from about 4/15 to 6/15 is great too, summer is nice if the wind is northerly and dry, not a fan of humidity. Winter, YUK.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:30 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
If we were running around naked in the wild, we would probably prefer warmer to hot weather all the time, as being mostly "furless" we were built for the tropics or something close to that. But because our intelligence has caused us to both be clothed and move to cooler regions, we tend to prefer something a bit cooler than "eternal summer".

Old 02-15-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
agreed, I love from September 1st through thanksgiving, nicest time of the year. Spring from about 4/15 to 6/15 is great too, summer is nice if the wind is northerly and dry, not a fan of humidity. Winter, YUK.
For me spring in the northeast is just horrible. Huge allergy issues, wet then hot, then damp, then cold....Here in North Carolina spring is plain gorgeous. Summer CT is better...NC is just too damn hot. Fall CT is phenomenal best time of year. Nice here too, but summer leaks along too far and its not as crisp here. Winter is better here unless you miss the snow ...like me

Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 PM

308 posts, read 679,876 times
My wife and I would like to move to NC, but one of the cons of moving south would be the weather, the long hot summers and the lack of snow. Where in NC do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
For me spring in the northeast is just horrible. Huge allergy issues, wet then hot, then damp, then cold....Here in North Carolina spring is plain gorgeous. Summer CT is better...NC is just too damn hot. Fall CT is phenomenal best time of year. Nice here too, but summer leaks along too far and its not as crisp here. Winter is better here unless you miss the snow ...like me

Old 02-15-2011, 02:09 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
If we were running around naked in the wild, we would probably prefer warmer to hot weather all the time, as being mostly "furless" we were built for the tropics or something close to that.
Maybe that's why I prefer heat over cold, I am not "furry" enough.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaOnMyMind View Post
My wife and I would like to move to NC, but one of the cons of moving south would be the weather, the long hot summers and the lack of snow. Where in NC do you live?
Charlotte area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut