Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 11:22 AM

6,881 posts, read 3,732,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Get an iPad Pro. Your eyes are getting strained by looking at the iphone screen for so long.
I know tell me about it.
iPads dont fit in pockets.
Can you imagine me walking around with an ipad. Everyone would be like -“there goes Steve on City Data again, that guy needs to get a life”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2024, 03:29 PM

373 posts, read 156,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
I know tell me about it.
iPads dont fit in pockets.
Can you imagine me walking around with an ipad. Everyone would be like -“there goes Steve on City Data again, that guy needs to get a life”
6800+ posts and counting!

Old 04-16-2024, 12:01 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,910,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
The prop tax will be reappraised at the 1M market price. It’s not like CT with the 70% of assessed thing ( not based on market). It will still be lower than CT but insurance costs will be higher. Big Insurance won’t cover the southeast coasts anymore. They all fled the market. SC income tax is not much lower than CT either.
I dont know the schools are better than W Hartford. Most college grads of both will end up as spreadsheet jockeys in Corp America. Jobs orangutans can do. Even Darien and New Canaan publics aren’t doing anything soooo special believe me they ain’t.

Ok that’s enough City Data for the night. I’m getting tired of having to edit on an iPhone mini keyboard. This thing drives me crazy.
There you go again, belittling a good education. The fact is you don’t know where the next great idea or important people will come from.

Timothy George Massad (born July 30, 1956) served as the chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and Assistant Secretary for Financial Stability at the United States Department of the Treasury under President Barack Obama. He graduated from Darien High School.

Martha Peterson Shogi, is a former operations officer of the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). She went to Darien High School too.

Former Congressman Chris Shays graduated from Darien High School.

Award winning filmmaker Gus Van Sant went to Darien High School as well.

Ann Coulter, conservative social and political commentator, graduated from New Canaan High School.

Noted Mathematician Jacob Fox went to Hall High School in West Hartford.

American scientist, pediatrician, and advocate in the fields of global health, vaccinology, and neglected tropical disease control Peter Hotez also went to Hall High School.

Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner of the Federal Communications Commission went to Hall High School in West Hartford.

Justin R. Clark, Director of the White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs went to Conard High School in West Hartford.

Seth Waxman, Solicitor General of the United States also went to Conard.

Steve Jobs went to a public school, Homestead High School in Cupertino, California. Mark Zuckerburg went to Ardsley High School in Westchester. Jeff Bezos went to Miami Palmetto High School.

Heck Tennis Greats James Blake and Thomas Blake, as well as Rock Star John Mayer went to my high school,,Warde in Fairfield.

None of these are “Spreadsheet Jockeys” or doing jobs “orangutans could do”.

The point is a good education is the basis of many a great things and the above public schools have done their job creating leaders who made their marks on the world. It belittles their accomplishments to belittle their schooling. So stop. It’s more a reflection on you than their schools.

Old 04-16-2024, 05:43 AM

6,881 posts, read 3,732,518 times
Yes and how could leave out Bill Woodward from Hartford. MIT and worked on the Manhattan Project.
Supreme Court judge Sam Tedesco from Bridgeport and of course Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy from Norwalk.
All pro tight end Aaron Hernandez and the current Toronto Blue Jays starting center fielder hail from Bristol.
The Carpenter siblings Karen and Rich were New Haven natives.

Highlighting exceptionally bright geniuses, Big Tech entrepreneurs, pro athletes, performance artists or just simpletons born with the gift of gab (Coulter, Shay’s) is fine I guess.
The rest, 98% who go on to graduate from college, will refresh pivot tables at Henkel. That’s perfectly fine and means they reached max potential.

Old Today, 10:24 AM

786 posts, read 823,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvon.zipper View Post
Shopping: Only out of town people from NY shop on Greenwich ave.. But if you like looking at $800 sweaters, getting a cup of coffee and an easy stroll it’s nice
This is not accurate. Plenty of locals shop on the ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut