Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2018, 03:58 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,786,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
You're a teacher? Wouldn't you rather not make up the days in the summer than have days off when its cold?
We don't make up days...not bound by the public school rules. Also - it's not 100% about getting a day off, I actually like snow and going for adventures in it. The absolute worst weather possible is 38 degrees and raining. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. If we could have a blizzard tomorrow on Superbowl Sunday and go into work on Monday I'd be thrilled.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:01 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Rain, mainly before 1am. Low around 25. South wind 6 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

This is the forecast from NWS for Danbury area Sunday night... WTF kind of wording is this 25 and rain? Sometimes I swear they don't even bother to read what they write.

lol. Reading forecasts is like reading code sometimes. You read it, You squint, re-read it again, and still don't understand it.

Question... is that forecast wording under "Sunday night"?? If so, than the low temp of 25 they mention is the low for Monday morning, and the rain would come in the evening/night "before 1am" . Temps will drop after the rain Sunday night and make new lows. Make sense? Or am I off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMagliola View Post
Can you believe this ****? When it's above freezing we get rain, the rain stops and now we're in the 20's again - and now you're telling me get ready for another rain storm tomorrow? CMON mother nature, this isn't funny. ITS WINTER, ITS SUPPOSED TO SNOW! .

High Pressure in Quebec is absolutely key to have in these situations. It would of kept the cold air in place with this one while we had moisture moving in from the south. The HP is in the wrong spot over the Atlantic right now..

I think starts as snow in Litchfield.. It was in the low-mid 20s there today with full sun. The snowpack helping keep things colder. Maybe freezing rain for them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Is the rain tomorrow supposed to be heavy or just showers/regular type rain? Either tomorrow or Monday I have to drive out to the Boston area and don't want to be doing it in a deluge type of downpour where you need an ark. Light rain would be just fine.
Expect some embedded heavier showers from 7pm to midnight.
Mostly should be light 12pm Sunday to midnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
There's another shot Tuesday night into Wednesday though that is looking like it may be a rain/snow mix too.....

Very similar setup as tomorrows except the storm will be south more which may bring snow into the picture. Have to see. I wonder if this storm is dictating Wednesday's storm track.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:11 PM

11,299 posts, read 18,895,695 times
Quote:
We don't make up days...not bound by the public school rules. Also - it's not 100% about getting a day off, I actually like snow and going for adventures in it. The absolute worst weather possible is 38 degrees and raining. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. If we could have a blizzard tomorrow on Superbowl Sunday and go into work on Monday I'd be thrilled.
Many years ago I won tickets to a NY Giants game that had near front row seats and it was 38 and pouring which that was so cold and miserable I actually left in the middle of the 3rd quarter.... Never experienced anything like that before or since (I've been to early season Yankees games that were in the 40s but not with rain).

Old 02-03-2018, 08:55 PM

Low of 12°F here this morning and rain 10hrs later.

Lows today.

Danbury dropped to 3° and got rain 12hrs after

Old 02-04-2018, 06:26 AM

Map looks juicy down south (ignore the snow icons). So much virga in the north!

4:15-8:15am Loop

FYI.. Nothing falling here or NYC even with those darker returns but NWS put snow mix into the forecast now

Old 02-04-2018, 06:54 AM

708 posts, read 1,060,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Map looks juicy down south (ignore the snow icons). So much virga in the north!

4:15-8:15am Loop

FYI.. Nothing falling here or NYC even with those darker returns but NWS put snow mix into the forecast now

Here in NW NJ, we did get some snow early this morning. More like snow pellets. It has already melted off the cars and roads. I am a little disappointed in this winter though. Not enough snow.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:53 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,089,144 times
Quote:
Ahh so you're private. That makes sense, I'd root for snow days too then!!

Old 02-04-2018, 09:28 AM

7:20-11:20am Loop.

Philly reporting Sleet right now.

Interesting to see the D.C burbs getting snow but it's all changing now.

Nothing in NYC yet. Allentown getting a good clip of snow. Precip should start after lunch for us.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:57 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,786,547 times
Snowing in stamford now.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Snowing in stamford now.
School delay tomorrow? Joking. Enjoy any flakes you get, the rain is near..

White Plains reporting snow now. NYC its drizzling

1:25pm Map

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut