Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 02:02 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,980,255 times

Advertisements

Ok yes, I can see where you're saying muggy for September, but it's really not muggy overall. I just mowed the lawn. If it was muggy at 85 degrees in the sun, I'd have sweat pouring into my eyes. As much as I love heat, (1) I am always warm and (2) I sweat like crazy. I barely lost a drop out there today.

You definitely live in an anti-Cam weather zone!

Old 09-19-2015, 02:40 PM

11,302 posts, read 18,895,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Mean Max temp for Sept 1-18 for Hartford area is warmest on record. Avg temp is 3rd. Nuts! There's records happening from Maine to NYC that are insane.

BDL only maxed in the 70s 3 times this month so far. Nuts for Northern CT.

A Mean Max of 85.1° in September??????? The highest normal Mean Max for them in July is 82.2. WTF

Today makes 102 days BDL hit 80+. Record is 104 in 2010
Bridgeport already broke it. 84 days. Old record was 80 days in 1959
But see thats where you have to at least think a little bit about the possibility of that 'subject you dont want to talk about'. One one hand while this is unprecedented, there are still years spread nicely in the past where its been almost as warm (i.e. mean maxes over 80 at this point) so at first glance its like the entire theory is almost 100% BS.. But where there is something different is notice that after 1986 no year on the chart shows an average max much below 75 where it shows it plenty of times before. Now thats truly insane!

Old 09-19-2015, 02:46 PM

83,529 posts, read 75,355,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Ok yes, I can see where you're saying muggy for September, but it's really not muggy overall. I just mowed the lawn. If it was muggy at 85 degrees in the sun, I'd have sweat pouring into my eyes. As much as I love heat, (1) I am always warm and (2) I sweat like crazy. I barely lost a drop out there today.

You definitely live in an anti-Cam weather zone!

I was just pulling weeds for 30 minutes in the shade and I was sweating so no idea how you didn't break a sweat in the sun..

You can find posts from me in July and August where dewpoints were in the 50s and I was loving it (or not minding) its just muggy out there today here.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:31 PM

Latest Euro for Danbury but speaking in general..

most important column to look at.. 6 HR QPF. Scroll down... WHERE IS THE PRECIP & RAIN? High pressure continues to dominate.

Look at the Total Cloud column.. Front comes through tomorrow, not sure what Monday and Tuesday are about but lots of 0,0,0,0,0,0 Euros says coming... MORE SUN!!

Look at the 2nd column minimum temps. Euro says what 40s? Not yet.

Look at the last column.. (Air mass and Temps at the 4500 feet control the surface temps) we should be seeing single digits (Celsius) for Fall weather.. low single digits for a chill.. NOPE double digits rule...

Doesn't look like this pattern is ending. We might be done with the 80s but Remember.. Above normal will be low 70s coming up soon.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:45 PM

Step outside.. before the front comes in.. wow crickets are loud and its muggy..

Groton 67 dew point.
Bridgeport 68 and its 75° at 10pm!
JFK 70! Feels like summer out here. Temps in 70s. Bugs all over the place.

Current Surface Map

Intellicast - Mixed Surface Analysis in United States

Tomorrow Afternoon Surface Map. Cold front will be off shore and High pressure moving in. Cold front almost at Gulf coast.

Notice the timing. Storm off the SC coast could of moved up and gave us rain here but the front and trough will push it away.

WPC's Short Range Forecasts (Days 0.5 - 2.5) - NDFD Precipitation

In the 50s already in Indiana and Illinois.

Pittsburgh 81F to 63F in last couple hours.

Last edited by Cambium; 09-19-2015 at 07:54 PM..

Old 09-19-2015, 08:25 PM

11,302 posts, read 18,895,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Latest Euro for Danbury but speaking in general..

most important column to look at.. 6 HR QPF. Scroll down... WHERE IS THE PRECIP & RAIN? High pressure continues to dominate.

Look at the Total Cloud column.. Front comes through tomorrow, not sure what Monday and Tuesday are about but lots of 0,0,0,0,0,0 Euros says coming... MORE SUN!!

Look at the 2nd column minimum temps. Euro says what 40s? Not yet.

Look at the last column.. (Air mass and Temps at the 4500 feet control the surface temps) we should be seeing single digits (Celsius) for Fall weather.. low single digits for a chill.. NOPE double digits rule...

Doesn't look like this pattern is ending. We might be done with the 80s but Remember.. Above normal will be low 70s coming up soon.

If I'm reading that chart right, it does stay in the 60s all day next weekend right? (At least in Danbury).

I wonder why those charts you post are sometimes in Celsius and sometimes in Fahrenheit.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
If I'm reading that chart right, it does stay in the 60s all day next weekend right? (At least in Danbury).

I wonder why those charts you post are sometimes in Celsius and sometimes in Fahrenheit.
Yup. Notice the cloud cover. That was supposed to be the long awaited front for me (not tommorows). Next weekend was supposed to be the "interesting" New England weekend but things arent looking as cold anymore.

This front tomm will make Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday remind us what time of year it is. Staying 60s till probably lunchtime. When you guys open the door Monday morning you'll feel it. Drier dews and cool air.

Haha, you noticed. Yeah, AccuPro has that option. Just depends on my mood and analyzing it with the post. I wonder which everyone prefers. I gotten used to Celsius but need Fahrenheit for details still.

Did you know NWS and everyone uses Celsius for the layers above the surface? Even all maps show it in C°

Old 09-19-2015, 08:58 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambium View Post
yup. Notice the cloud cover. That was supposed to be the long awaited front for me (not tommorows). Next weekend was supposed to be the "interesting" new england weekend but things arent looking as cold anymore.

This front tomm will make sunday night, monday and tuesday remind us what time of year it is. Staying 60s till probably lunchtime. When you guys open the door monday morning you'll feel it. Drier dews and cool air.

Haha, you noticed. Yeah, accupro has that option. Just depends on my mood and analyzing it with the post. I wonder which everyone prefers. I gotten used to celsius but need fahrenheit for details still.

Did you know nws and everyone uses celsius for the layers above the surface? Even all maps show it in c°
fahrenheit

Old 09-19-2015, 10:43 PM

Someone on the weather forum pointed out our water temp is not far off from the south..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
A 75 F water temp at Bridgeport? Is that for real? That's what Wunderground currently has it as. That's only a mere 4 degrees cooler than the water temp down in Ft. Pulaski, GA!
So I replied...

YUP!! In fact Water temp is 76F just north of Bridgeport in New Haven.

Midnight and Bridgeport air temp is 75F. My A/C is non stop and on the most I ever remember for Sept.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:11 AM

6am! Is this mid July out there?? I knew it when I heard my A/C kicking on at 6am that I would be walking into a steam bath outside...

Bridgeport has the highest temp of anyone north of Florida except for Cape Hatteras NC. 74°. Yes, nearby sites are 73° like NYC and Long Island.

And Check out the dews! 70°!

Dew points. Edge of front is near! Watch the feeling after it pushes through.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut