Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2016, 04:21 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times

Advertisements

Todays word of the day.........

WOW

Old 10-05-2016, 04:28 AM

Another wow.

I just didn't expect this I guess. It's in the 40s outside?? Love these cool mornings!

Check out the snowstorm.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:33 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
Storm changed track quickly and probably be back tomorrow. Wonder what this says about Winter Storms off the Atlantic.

Have a question regarding winter in weather in CT. Googling average snowfall where I live in CT receives 40 inches of snow on average. Now looking up New London County they say usually on average below 25 inches, about 24 slightly above average. You feel that is true?

They say summer highs in New London County on average rarely pass 89 degrees and never dips below 9 degrees in the winter on average. Think that holds true?

Old 10-05-2016, 05:10 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,380,359 times
My brother in Coastal NC is battening down the hatches....having a 3 car garage built...they say it will be closed up by Friday (fingers crossed), neighbors watching the Florida house. We're also gonna do some prep work just in case.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:13 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,956 times
And just like that we're going to have all sun all weekend!? Cmon summer!

Old 10-05-2016, 06:24 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Storm changed track quickly and probably be back tomorrow. Wonder what this says about Winter Storms off the Atlantic.

Have a question regarding winter in weather in CT. Googling average snowfall where I live in CT receives 40 inches of snow on average. Now looking up New London County they say usually on average below 25 inches, about 24 slightly above average. You feel that is true?

They say summer highs in New London County on average rarely pass 89 degrees and never dips below 9 degrees in the winter on average. Think that holds true?
CT and it's micro-climates with shoreline, hills, valleys, etc. can be very different depending on where you live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMagliola View Post
And just like that we're going to have all sun all weekend!? Cmon summer!
I'm still not buying this, two days earlier they said out to sea, then it was right up the coast by us, now it's back out to sea again. I'm personally a little bummed and would have loved a good rainfall over the weekend. Still doing my prep just in case.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:12 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
CT and it's micro-climates with shoreline, hills, valleys, etc. can be very different depending on where you live.

I'm still not buying this, two days earlier they said out to sea, then it was right up the coast by us, now it's back out to sea again. I'm personally a little bummed and would have loved a good rainfall over the weekend. Still doing my prep just in case.
Prep for what???

Even if it did make its way up here ..it will be a heavy rain. What are you prepping for ? A hurricane? cmon/

Old 10-05-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
Yeah, my mood changed big time when this happened. Keep in mind 2 things...

1. NWS offices sent up extra balloons so when that got fed into the models, BOOM they all changed and saw something different. So basically they have better knowledge that this storm isn't going to come straight up to us or even OTS at this point. It might do a Uturn down there.

2. It's now 4 days away so it's not like 7 days away anymore which relates to #1. Models have a better handle on things now being it's short range

Whats possible is maybe in 7-10 days we get the moisture from it when it gets absorbed into the next front?. I just cant believe I'm gonna go 4 weeks talking about Matthew. WTF

Old 10-05-2016, 08:40 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,089,144 times
Wonder if it'll even be a hurricane after it completes that loop...or will it be just a tropical depression?

Old 10-05-2016, 09:37 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Prep for what???

Even if it did make its way up here ..it will be a heavy rain. What are you prepping for ? A hurricane? cmon/
Heavy rain on land that has not seen enough this year means it won't permeate the ground fast enough and will find other ways and get stuck above ground before leeching. I have two very large dry wells on my property for gutter spouts but one is not connected so I want water farther away from the house. Our house and neighborhood is also on red rock so I like to be safe than sorry. Also power outages can be a PITA even though we live in Wallingford I have two fridges that I'd like to keep running, especially when they are loaded with frozen pumped milk for the baby.

We went 4-5 days without power from Katrina and thankfully I had a generator to keep us charged, fed, and connected. It never hurts to be somewhat prepared and since I have not kept up with our "kit" it's a good time to take inventory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut