Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2015, 11:36 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

As I been pointing out for weeks now...

NWS NY

Longevity of snow cover this winter for the main climate sites across the region. See attached

Old 03-16-2015, 01:07 PM

Im tired.

Euro shows snow again too. And says we struggle past 20s on Sunday, struggle past 30s Monday and dip into low teens at night. Just for 2 nights.

Liquid amounts being shown range from 0.25-0.50 so no big deal "right now".

This time of year u always have to wonder about coastal storms brining in more precip then being shown 5 days out.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:31 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Im tired.

Euro shows snow again too. And says we struggle past 20s on Sunday, struggle past 30s Monday and dip into low teens at night. Just for 2 nights.

Liquid amounts being shown range from 0.25-0.50 so no big deal "right now".

This time of year u always have to wonder about coastal storms brining in more precip then being shown 5 days out.
Ok, I'm getting really sick and tired of the cold at this point. Ready for 60s. That being said, one more BIG snow storm that stay 100% snow would be a great way to finish up....then let's hit 65

Old 03-16-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Ok, I'm getting really sick and tired of the cold at this point. Ready for 60s. That being said, one more BIG snow storm that stay 100% snow would be a great way to finish up....then let's hit 65
Nebraska, Iowa and Kansas getting absolutely torched today with 80s! Normal is 40s. I wonder if that's a sign of the summer theme with the real heat in central U.S, not east.

Believe it or not while I don't mind snow and cold 12 months a year, part of me is saying let's move on. Might just be because we're spoiled from season changes. Lol

FYI..... Bridgeport broke the number of days with lying snow on ground for March. 16 days with 1"+ including today. Beats 15 days in 2005. So many records and rareities

So theres never been this many days with lying snow in March since before 1948.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:45 PM

Here we go.. As soon as all models advertise the storm and cold enough for snow NWS starts to get into it.. All models show snow for this area except Canadian which is too warm for it.

Although they mention Friday morning here. We'll have to see..

NWS NYNY

THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT...THE CUTOFF LOW OVER THE SW
U.S. WILL GRADUALLY OPEN AS IT SLOWLY ADVECTS NE. MODELS ARE
SIGNALING THE DEVELOPMENT OF A LOW OVER THE SCNTRL U.S. THU NIGHT
THAT GRADUALLY INTENSIFIES AS IT PASSES SOUTH OF LONG ISLAND LATE
FRIDAY. HIGH PRESSURE CONTINUES TO MOVE OFFSHORE PRECEDING THIS LOW.
BECAUSE LOW LVL COLD AIR DOES NOT REMAIN LOCKED IN ACROSS THE LOCAL
AREA...CURRENT THINKING IS THAT IT WILL BE COLD ENOUGH FOR ALL
PRECIP TO DEVELOP AS SNOW EARLY FRI MORNING. HOWEVER
...LIGHT SE THEN
EAST WINDS SHOULD WARM THE BOUNDARY LAYER ENOUGH TO EITHER CAUSE THE
SNOW TO MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO RAIN ALONG THE COAST...WHERE THE
PRECIP WILL BE HEAVIEST. STORM TOTAL LIQUID EQUIVALENTS COULD RANGE
FROM 1/2 TO 1 INCH. STAY TUNED

This is not a big storm. Roads should be fine. Its March. We'll see

Old 03-16-2015, 02:48 PM

302 posts, read 295,869 times
Quote:
Here we go.. As soon as all models advertise the storm and cold enough for snow NWS starts to get into it.. All models show snow for this area except Canadian which is too warm for it.

Although they mention Friday morning here. We'll have to see..

NWS NYNY

THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT...THE CUTOFF LOW OVER THE SW
U.S. WILL GRADUALLY OPEN AS IT SLOWLY ADVECTS NE. MODELS ARE
SIGNALING THE DEVELOPMENT OF A LOW OVER THE SCNTRL U.S. THU NIGHT
THAT GRADUALLY INTENSIFIES AS IT PASSES SOUTH OF LONG ISLAND LATE
FRIDAY. HIGH PRESSURE CONTINUES TO MOVE OFFSHORE PRECEDING THIS LOW.
BECAUSE LOW LVL COLD AIR DOES NOT REMAIN LOCKED IN ACROSS THE LOCAL
AREA...CURRENT THINKING IS THAT IT WILL BE COLD ENOUGH FOR ALL
PRECIP TO DEVELOP AS SNOW EARLY FRI MORNING. HOWEVER
...LIGHT SE THEN
EAST WINDS SHOULD WARM THE BOUNDARY LAYER ENOUGH TO EITHER CAUSE THE
SNOW TO MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO RAIN ALONG THE COAST...WHERE THE
PRECIP WILL BE HEAVIEST. STORM TOTAL LIQUID EQUIVALENTS COULD RANGE
FROM 1/2 TO 1 INCH. STAY TUNED

This is not a big storm. Roads should be fine. Its March. We'll see
Liquid equiv up to an inch? That could be pretty snowy depending on when the changeover occurs, eh?

Old 03-16-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecostimpy View Post
Liquid equiv up to an inch? That could be pretty snowy depending on when the changeover occurs, eh?
Ha, I didn't see they said that. Pretty bullish since none are showing that much but maybe they are thinking what I am regarding a coastal spinning extra moisture in. Yeah, your right, depending on when or if a changeover occurs that might be a noteworthy snow event. I'll have to keep an eye on any trends now

Old 03-16-2015, 05:23 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Nebraska, Iowa and Kansas getting absolutely torched today with 80s! Normal is 40s. I wonder if that's a sign of the summer theme with the real heat in central U.S, not east.

? how and why would todays weather have any meaning for this summer.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
? how and why would todays weather have any meaning for this summer.
It doesnt, but I wonder if the Jet stream will be pushing north in central U.S as opposed to a southeast ridge building. I wonder if the snow melt and snowless areas is the reason why its pushing north out there and not in the East.

Here's next weeks setup

Old 03-16-2015, 06:04 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
It doesnt, but I wonder if the Jet stream will be pushing north in central U.S as opposed to a southeast ridge building. I wonder if the snow melt and snowless areas is the reason why its pushing north out there and not in the East.

Here's next weeks setup
Definitely the snow pack could have a bearing. I guess I just meant the idea of summer being affected, but the next 2 weeks for sure. Once the snow pack melts all bets are off. And since I am 1 for 1 this year on long term guesses. I also predict we see a few 80 plus days in April with a strong ridge building the south Atlantic. Maybe not on the coast because of ocean influence but for inland areas. Also above normal temps next month as an average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut