Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 03:37 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwillias View Post
I'm loving it!

I get back from Florida by Tuesday (we had 80's all week)....and there will be no trace of snow anywhere in the Tri-State area. With no snow forecast at least for the next 8 days, this puts us to week 3 of January with no snow. If we can get to February, that increasing sun angle will help to work against any real snowcover ever getting started.

6 weeks left it the crap season....and GOODBYE winter 2014/2015. If I get to go down to my parents condo in Ft. Lauderdale again in late February....this will be a dream winter
Welcome back wavehunter. No matter how hard you try, we all know who you are.

Enjoy the arctic blast this week.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:10 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Welcome back wavehunter. No matter how hard you try, we all know who you are.

Enjoy the arctic blast this week.

LOL.. no doubt..

Old 01-04-2015, 07:38 AM

11,299 posts, read 18,892,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwillias View Post
Hey, I was only kidding man, you seem like I hurt your feelings.

I was just saying there is a lot of those people up in New England who like all the snow/cold because it gives them an excuse to sit and the house and eat and get fat (Lol). I spent the last 3 weeks running, swimming, going out at night, we had a blast with all the babes in Ft. Lauderdale I'm just not a New England couch potato I guess.

I'm just happy that there is no snow it Connecticut this winter~
Not to continue this, but ironically, New England is one of the "healthiest" parts of the nation. CT, MA, and VT rank right up there with Colorado and Utah in terms of low obesity rates, etc.

Doubly ironically, it's the "warm" areas like the South and Texas that have the higher rates of obesity...

Old 01-04-2015, 08:28 AM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times
Current Wind Chills. Remember this GREarth software maxes out at -50°F.

Like Brandon Canada feels like -58.5° next to Winnipeg just north of North Dakota over the border. Do you think we'll feel like that? LOL. No.

That's some cold feeling temps out there from Texas to Canada. Lets watch it push East now.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:43 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Like Brandon Canada feels like -58.5° next to Winnipeg just north of North Dakota over the border. Do you think we'll feel like that? LOL. No.

That's some cold feeling temps out there from Texas to Canada. Lets watch it push East now.
50's delayed..will they even get in before cold front charges through?

Old 01-04-2015, 08:45 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,363,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Not to continue this, but ironically, New England is one of the "healthiest" parts of the nation. CT, MA, and VT rank right up there with Colorado and Utah in terms of low obesity rates, etc.

Doubly ironically, it's the "warm" areas like the South and Texas that have the higher rates of obesity...

Who wants to go out for a jog when it's 90 for 3/4 of the year? And that's before their highly deep fried diet.

Quote:

I gotta tell you, it's weird being the same temp/wind chill as Southern California in January.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:14 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,868,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post

Yeah, what the hell happened to the warmup? Temps have been dropping.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:16 AM

11,299 posts, read 18,892,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Yeah, what the hell happened to the warmup? Temps have been dropping.
This is what OKX had to say in their 10am update:

WARM FRONT CURRENTLY IS RIGHT ALONG THE LONG ISLAND SOUND WITH TEMPS IN THE 30S NORTH OF IT AND TEMPS IN THE MID TO UPPER 40S SOUTH OF IT. THE WARM FRONT IS FORECAST TO PUSH THROUGH TODAY BUT IS TAKING A LITTLE LONGER THAN FORECAST MODELS ARE SHOWING...SO DELAYED THE SIGNIFICANT WARM UP OF TEMPS A FEW HOURS. IN THIS WAY...FORECAST GRIDS WERE MODIFIED TO BETTER FIT OBSERVED TRENDS.

However, for curiosity given this I looked at points further south like Philly and Atlantic City and they were warmer than here, but not 60 (50 and 54 respectively), so I wonder myself if it's even going to get to 50 today......

They then said this for Tuesday even though their forecasts for even northern inland places like Danbury are saying for some reason "little or no snow accumulation expected":

IGH PRESSURE BRIEFLY FOLLOWS FOR MON NIGHT BEFORE A CLIPPER LOW ARRIVES ON TUE. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR 1-2 INCHES OF SNOW ACROSS THE AREA ON TUE. THE AIRMASS IS PLENTY COLD FOR AN ALL SNOW EVENT. THIS IS A PROGRESSIVE SYSTEM WITH NO UPSTREAM BLOCK...SO IT IS UNLIKELY THAT A MORE SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL EVENT WILL DEVELOP. MORE IMPORTANTLY...THIS SYSTEM WILL OPEN THE DOOR FOR THE COLDEST AIR OF THE WINTER SEASON...AS HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S FOR TUE AND WED DROP OFF INTO THE TEENS FOR THU.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:17 AM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
This is what OKX had to say in their 10am update:

WARM FRONT CURRENTLY IS RIGHT ALONG THE LONG ISLAND SOUND WITH TEMPS IN THE 30S NORTH OF IT AND TEMPS IN THE MID TO UPPER 40S SOUTH OF IT. THE WARM FRONT IS FORECAST TO PUSH THROUGH TODAY BUT IS TAKING A LITTLE LONGER THAN FORECAST MODELS ARE SHOWING...SO DELAYED THE SIGNIFICANT WARM UP OF TEMPS A FEW HOURS. IN THIS WAY...FORECAST GRIDS WERE MODIFIED TO BETTER FIT OBSERVED TRENDS.
Good info. I wondered the same thing. Felt like 30s an hour ago. Thanks for posting this!

Current temps.. Not to ignore the nutty 80s in Florida. Its January! Record highs for some there.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:50 AM

830 posts, read 684,916 times
60s surging up Jersey now... maybe we will warm up before the cold front after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut