Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 11:52 AM

266 posts, read 245,304 times

Advertisements

Rhode Island, Connecticut and Illinois are 'worst states' | Daily Mail Online

Old 01-26-2018, 12:00 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,829,691 times
Real estate values should be dropping any minute now. I can't wait to get a 2,000 square foot house within 60 mins of NYC for 200k.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:07 PM

4,449 posts, read 3,342,293 times
LOL, scroll down.....it says the eight happiest city in America is Bridgeport/Stamford CT.

So when you see Stamford/Bridgeport that means Fairfield County which is almost 1/3 of the states population. That's some schizophrenic ranking list you posted.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
LOL, scroll down.....it says the eight happiest city in America is Bridgeport/Stamford CT.

So when you see Stamford/Bridgeport that means Fairfield County which is almost 1/3 of the states population. That's some schizophrenic ranking list you posted.
It is simply an article, no more, no less. And probably 25% on this board would agree it is one of the worst states to live in... or maybe not. It doesn't matter, we all live where we want to live.

I don't understand why you are so defensive about anything negative said about Connecticut. Your reactions to any negative posts makes it hard to take anything you say seriously.

You think Connecticut is wonderful in every way, some don't. That is the wonderful thing about opinions, it's simply that.

Old 01-26-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMPA View Post

I don't understand why you are so defensive about anything negative said about Connecticut. Your reactions to any negative posts makes it hard to take anything you say seriously.

1) It's called a difference of opinion.

2) I like to point out the irony of an internet page that states CT is the most unhappy and on that same page also shows a large area of CT being the most happy at the same time.

We are not in a communist country you know (we have freedom of thought and opinion) and not everyone thinks LIKE YOU.

BTW, I am an Independent and proud of it. I think for myself.

When someone writes on here CT has the worst economy, we are all unahppy etc. I do what an Independent does.....I go look up facts/data. I have found this out recently.

*We are in the top 5 for best schools
*We are in the top 5 for HH Income
*We are in the top 5 for per capita GDP
*We are in the top 5 for millionaires per capita
*We are in the top 5 for the most people who hold degrees
*We are in the top 5 for healthcare (something new I just looked up)
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/best-an...or-health-care

etc.
etc.
etc.

PS: I have been seeing the same things said on here since I joined about 6 years ago. How things are soooo bad in CT. Every year I have been looking up this info and CT is always in the top 10 and recently in the top 5 for some very important metrics. In fact our HH Income has moved up in the rankings under Malloy.

HOLD THE PRESSES.....I just realized you were from middle TN. Physician heal thyself. TN is coming up way in the bottom for all the rankings I am looking at lol.

Last edited by CTartist; 01-26-2018 at 02:25 PM..

Old 01-26-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
1) It's called a difference of opinion.

2) I like to point out the irony of an internet page that states CT is the most unhappy and on that same page also shows a large area of CT being the most happy at the same time.

We are not in a communist country you know (we have freedom of thought and opinion) and not everyone thinks LIKE YOU.

BTW, I am an Independent and proud of it. I think for myself.

When someone writes on here CT has the worst economy, we are all unahppy etc. I do what an Independent does.....I go look up facts/data. I have found this out recently.

etc.
etc.
etc.

PS: I have been seeing the same things said on here since I joined about 6 years ago. How things are soooo bad in CT. Every year I have been looking up this info and CT is always in the top 10 and recently in the top 5 for some very important metrics. In fact our HH Income has moved up in the rankings under Malloy.

HOLD THE PRESSES.....I just realized you were from middle TN. Physician heal thyself. TN is coming up way in the bottom for all the rankings I am looking at lol.
Really stuck on that household income LOL... I'm not from TN, I recently moved to TN. And again, never compared CT to any other state.

You can pull up all the facts/data you want, people are leaving Connecticut plain and simple.

Your ramblings again prove my point, your hard to take seriously.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:02 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Really stuck on that household income LOL... I'm not from TN, I recently moved to TN. And again, never compared CT to any other state.

You can pull up all the facts/data you want, people are leaving Connecticut plain and simple.

The reason CTartist is so adamant about this is that there are a few naysayers here ready to jump any and every negative post made about Connecticut and then attack anyone who defends our state. Her post is not "rambling". They are facts and facts that some here choose to ignore or minimize.

Look, no one is saying Connecticut is perfect (it is not) but it is a heck of a lot better than a lot of other states including the one you are now living in. Yes, Tennessee is growing but when you are at or near the bottom in a lot of key areas, it is hard not to go anywhere but up. I do give the state a lot of credit, in that it has built on its strengths and is heading in the right direction but it does have a long way to go in a number of areas to match Connecticut and much of the northeast. Jay

Old 01-26-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The reason CTartist is so adamant about this is that there are a few naysayers here ready to jump any and every negative post made about Connecticut and then attack anyone who defends our state. Her post is not "rambling". They are facts and facts that some here choose to ignore or minimize.

Look, no one is saying Connecticut is perfect (it is not) but it is a heck of a lot better than a lot of other states including the one you are now living in. Yes, Tennessee is growing but when you are at or near the bottom in a lot of key areas, it is hard not to go anywhere but up. I do give the state a lot of credit, in that it has built on its strengths and is heading in the right direction but it does have a long way to go in a number of areas to match Connecticut and much of the northeast. Jay
I understand, and agree on many points. This isn't an argument about one state being better. As I've stated before, I want to see Connecticut do well, as I have any many family and friends there. Those that left the state didn't do so lightly. I am also proud of any list that Connecticut comes up as a leader.

But I can also pull up links showing healthcare in CT as mediocre...Taking one area, and comparing to one state doesn't paint the whole picture. Below being an example.

Search Results

Vanderbilt University Hospital - TN - Hospital Safety Grade

This forum is supposed to be about open discussion and opinions..

Old 01-26-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:

Are you from CT? Did you move to TN in retirement?

You can't change these stats.

About people leaving CT.

Of course people are leaving CT and I am not surprised. Here the thing middleTN. My family has been in CT for generations since the late 1800's. Many relatives of mine have second homes in FL. In retirement many make FL their first residence. Even my grandmother did that. Most of the retired residents in my area of Trumbull have second homes in FL and most make FL their primary residence.

Here is something to bear in mind. The baby boomers are now retiring en masse. So it makes logical sense that the northern states like CT would be loosing official residents since many are moving or making their primary residence down south.

My hypothesis would explain two things: 1) why CT is loosing residents and at the same time 2) having higher and higher incomes.

Here again middleTN, this is where I THINK FOR MYSELF. CT metrics are still very good to excellent. I have seen in another thread that white collar individuals are moving in. While I do believe it and it would make sense I still want to see the data on that. Because we have such good metrics in this state as an inquiring person I would want to see who is moving in and who is moving out before I jump to any conclusions.

YOU KEEP SAYING people are moving out but proffer no proof of that by data. Just seeing that more are moving out than moving in for me is meaningless since like I said I believe that it is the retiring baby boomers that are creating the negative numbers.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:

But I can also pull up links showing healthcare in CT as mediocre...Taking one area, and comparing to one state doesn't paint the whole picture. Below being an example.
To cherry pick a few hospitals from CT and one from TN is laughable when I put up statistics for the ENTIRE states which includes ALL hospital in each state.

Quote:

This forum is supposed to be about open discussion and opinions..
But I guess if those discussions don't conform to what YOU think is correct/true that person should not post, right? So you can SAY THINGS ON HERE without data and we should take it as true. But when I post actual fact to prove other wise I should not join in because I don't conform to your politics/taxation/belief system/moral code etc.

Are you the guy you said CT does not have morals in the other thread? Is so I see the whole picture perfectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut