Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 09:48 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,017,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Yes, it s obvious that a lot of promises were made by Aetna at Hartfords expense. Seems like their CEO could care less about this state or his employees. Kind of insulting and like biting the hand the feeds you. Jay
Jay the state of CT is not feeding any of the private corporations here. The state is like a leeche stealing corporations money. The corporations do not owe the state anything. The state and their massive entitlement spending survives off of the private sector.

So guess what is happening? The corporations are leaving!

Now the state is getting what they deserve

Old 01-28-2017, 10:43 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
Jay the state of CT is not feeding any of the private corporations here. The state is like a leeche stealing corporations money. The corporations do not owe the state anything. The state and their massive entitlement spending survives off of the private sector.

So guess what is happening? The corporations are leaving!

Now the state is getting what they deserve
The people will vote these same losers into office again next cycle. They're. It only getting what they deserve, they're getting what they willingly voted for.

Then again, so am I now and it feels fantastic. Trump for the win. Now just need to escape this place before my baby girl is born so as not to infect her with that mental disease so endemic here. I believe the doctors call it liberalism. Differential euphemistic diagnosis, "progressive-ism".

Old 01-29-2017, 04:54 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Moody's on Aetna merger block being good for CT (think everyone here knows this anyway): Aetna's Loss Could Be Hartford's Gain, Moody's Says
Until...

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/ne...nt-office.html

If the source is correct there goes the top executives and more high paying jobs. Also the third company Boston has syphoned from CT. Guess being close to Boston and NYC has disadvantages.

Aetna needs to do something to shake up and really show its share holders it's serious. Totally possible that we are a move.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:27 AM

752 posts, read 553,737 times
Subway looking to hire 150 at Milford World Headquarters | WTNH Connecticut News

These are not sandwich-artist jobs, but, jobs in digital design and marketing. I wonder how difficult these will be to fill in Milford.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:14 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Until...

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/ne...nt-office.html

If the source is correct there goes the top executives and more high paying jobs. Also the third company Boston has syphoned from CT. Guess being close to Boston and NYC has disadvantages.

Aetna needs to do something to shake up and really show its share holders it's serious. Totally possible that we are a move.
I can't read the entire article but the beginning only says they're thinking of opening an office, as an expansion, and not moving their HQ. Aetna has an office in many states currently... and they also employ a lot of work at home folks throughout the country. So I'm not seeing this as a major upset just yet unless you see something I'm not? CT is a pretty small state with numerous Aetna offices already so I can't see the justification for opening more offices there, if their business is truly expanding.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:17 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
Subway looking to hire 150 at Milford World Headquarters | WTNH Connecticut News

These are not sandwich-artist jobs, but, jobs in digital design and marketing. I wonder how difficult these will be to fill in Milford.
I would take one of those jobs better commute than going to Norwalk/Stamford

Last edited by BPt111; 01-29-2017 at 05:25 PM..

Old 01-30-2017, 10:46 AM

752 posts, read 553,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
That's not the issue. Will they find qualified digital workers in the area. You might be one, but 150 is a lot.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:00 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,180,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Move to Stamford/Norwalk

Old 01-30-2017, 12:52 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I can't read the entire article but the beginning only says they're thinking of opening an office, as an expansion, and not moving their HQ. Aetna has an office in many states currently... and they also employ a lot of work at home folks throughout the country. So I'm not seeing this as a major upset just yet unless you see something I'm not? CT is a pretty small state with numerous Aetna offices already so I can't see the justification for opening more offices there, if their business is truly expanding.
It won't be considered another "office." It will either be a GE thing were the HQ will move along with executives but workers stay in CT. My guess is the Malloy is getting really desperate because he proposed a tax decrease specifically aimed at the insurance company. Too little to late or will this work? https://www.google.com/amp/www.coura...?client=safari

Old 01-30-2017, 01:56 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
It won't be considered another "office." It will either be a GE thing were the HQ will move along with executives but workers stay in CT. My guess is the Malloy is getting really desperate because he proposed a tax decrease specifically aimed at the insurance company. Too little to late or will this work? https://www.google.com/amp/www.coura...?client=safari
GE was a little different... they chose Boston instead of a cheaper metro area due to their industry. What does Aetna get out of moving from Hartford to Boston? It's more expensive, and has no draw. I would be worried if this was happening with a cheaper state, but I'm not seeing them move the HQ from CT to MA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut