Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 08:13 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
I do too...but I think it will be close, maybe -1.5 F to 1 F.

Also, nice to see for the sake of travelers (they say Thanksgiving week is the busiest week for travel all year) that gorgeous weather will dominate most everywhere. We should see lows at or just above freezing highs in the low/mid 50’s, bone dry, and blazing sunshine right through Thanksgiving:
As I calculate it Bridgeport is WELL below normal this month so far..its not even close. Average high is over 4 degrees below normal. Average low a little less at a little over 3. ..WOW...what a cold month! In fact by months end I suspect the averages will go down even further as after Thanksgiving some well below normal temps should take hold. Would not surprise me if the month ends up 4 degrees below normal...

Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 AM

83,512 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Impressed by the overnight temps again. Thats 6 days in a row below normal.
Only 4 days this month above normal out of 18. Lows getting into the 20s at night.

Whats funny is... Look up at the sky right now... 4000' above sea level its much warmer. Seems like the cold is being stuck at the surface. I wonder why.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:08 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
They say that it is really the day before Thanksgiving and the day after that are the really heavy travel days. Connecticut and the rest of the East Coast look picture perfect:

Wed:

Fri (temps could crack 60 F in some areas of the Tri-State area):

It should turn cooler (not cold) in the final days of the month, but still be close to seasonal levels. A week from this Wed, highs still look close to normal in the Tri-State area. So we are in for fine weather (sunny, warmish, and BONE DRY) at least till the first week of December I thinkl. Enjoy :

Old 11-19-2012, 05:35 AM

83,512 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Dry this week again... each day having temps a couple degrees warmer then the previous but not warm by November standards.

This Weekend after thanksgiving here's what NWS Boston has to say.

SATURDAY WILL BE A TRANSITION DAY AS COOLER AIR WILL BEGIN FILTERING INTO THE REGION BEHIND THE
FRONT.

SAT NIGHT INTO SUNDAY...BLUSTERY AND COLDER WITH MORE CLOUDS. SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS ARE
POSSIBLE ESPECIALLY INTERIOR HIGH TERRAIN AS MID LEVEL TROF
MOVES THROUGH WITH AREA OF DEEPER MOISTURE. TEMPS WILL BE SEVERAL DEGREES BELOW NORMAL SUNDAY.

NWS Upton.

P-TYPE INLAND WILL CONTINUE THE RA/SN SHOWER MIX...WITH TEMPS FALL
TO SUPPORT MAINLY SNOW SHOWERS. POTENTIAL FOR SOME LGT ACCUMULATION
INLAND. WILL NEED TO WATCH FOR LAKE EFFECT STREAMERS. ALSO...WIND
GUSTS OF 30 TO 35 WITH LOW BOMBING OUT OVER THE CANADIAN MARITIMES
SAT NIGHT.

HAVE DETERMINISTIC FCST WITH FROPA AT 12Z SAT AND FALLING TEMPS ON
SATURDAY. HIGHS SUNDAY IN THE UPPER 30S TO LOWER 40S.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:47 AM

3,350 posts, read 4,167,368 times
Quote:
They say that it is really the day before Thanksgiving and the day after that are the really heavy travel days. Connecticut and the rest of the East Coast look picture perfect:

Wed:

Fri (temps could crack 60 F in some areas of the Tri-State area):

It should turn cooler (not cold) in the final days of the month, but still be close to seasonal levels. A week from this Wed, highs still look close to normal in the Tri-State area. So we are in for fine weather (sunny, warmish, and BONE DRY) at least till the first week of December I thinkl. Enjoy :

I like how you cherry picked the 28th since it is the one seasonable (or slightly above average) day post Friday. Good work

Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
I like how you cherry picked the 28th since it is the one seasonable (or slightly above average) day post Friday. Good work
In fact by months end, temps will be colder to the average than they are now. This will go down as a pretty darn cold month. Have to go back to find when its been more than 3+ degrees below normal in a month.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,095,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
In fact by months end, temps will be colder to the average than they are now. This will go down as a pretty darn cold month. Have to go back to find when its been more than 3+ degrees below normal in a month.
yeah, that's the best part...in the end the data tells (and will tell) the story, hard to put a spin on it.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmelk View Post
yeah, that's the best part...in the end the data tells (and will tell) the story, hard to put a spin on it.
no doubt.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
NWS Bridgeport WILL end below normal no doubt for November (the first month to do so in 21 months)....I just don't think it will be -3.5 F it is now. The coming days right to the end of the month will bring up the departure, it least based on the forecast in for the next 10 days.

If temps hit higher than 50 F at NWS Bridgport (which they look to do EVERYDAY this weeK), then it has to bring up the departures I would think.

Anyway, let's all enjoy the sunny and dry forecast this whole week....

Old 11-19-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
NWS Bridgeport WILL end below normal no doubt for November (the first month to do so in 21 months)....I just don't think it will be -3.5 F it is now. The coming days right to the end of the month will bring up the departure, it least based on the forecast in for the next 10 days.

If temps hit higher than 50 F at NWS Bridgport (which they look to do EVERYDAY this weeK), then it has to bring up the departures I would think.

Anyway, let's all enjoy the sunny and dry forecast this whole week....
Shrug..time will tell. Average high is still over 50 at Bridgeport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut