Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 03:53 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,871,626 times

Advertisements

don't have an S/S cause I'm at work but here's my baby, the keyboard has since been replaced by a K90

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 05:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,041,382 times
Mine is all pictures of my hardware. I like it because it blends in and is non-distracting.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:00 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,868,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adyn View Post
don't have an S/S cause I'm at work but here's my baby, the keyboard has since been replaced by a K90
*looks* like fake picture ... hah !
Too clean desk !!!

Old 02-27-2013, 12:00 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,873,958 times
I finally managed to skin windows so I doesn't look so bad. I just need to sort out the font rendering (does anyone know how to do this btw, I prefer osx's fonts) and change the icons:
Attached Thumbnails
Post your Desktop (Screenshot thread)-540977_10200670303310441_1736242620_n.jpg  

Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,215,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
*looks* like fake picture ... hah !
Too clean desk !!!
A Clean Desk is the sign of a sick mind.......

A geeks workspace:

Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 AM

8,332 posts, read 13,472,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Lots of great posts, the old windows really brings back memories and netscape navigator! I have a linux server installed on my laptop with a KDE environment so I could actually figure out what was going on. I'm more of a windows person. I currently have the same background image, but my desktop is way more cluttered. After I come back home I'm planning on hopefully fixing this and I'll update later today. Anymore freeware to help the old cluttered desktop people would be really appreciated! Those who posted links already, I'll check them out this afternoon .

I named this.. "Clutter.jpg".
Hey Chester (just kidding),
You cannot pretend to be sharing your desktop and ask for technical help! That is sneaky and there will be some additional charges!

OK, for these following weirdos:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Mine is all pictures of my hardware. I like it because it blends in and is non-distracting.
Where the hell is your chair??

On a more serious note, I thank you for taking the time to clean your desks, vacuum the carpet and organize the wiring, etc. to make your pictures look really nice but I am not buying, that is not how your PC desk always looks!

Where is the box of Kleenex and the bottle of hand lotion?

Old 02-28-2013, 01:11 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,847,565 times
I cleaned up my desktop and added a new background image, but it'd offend people so I won't post it. It's zombies at the "last supper", it always cracks me up a little but I have a sick mind.

Spoiler
Here is the image though, now just add 7 icons and you have my desktop.

Undead Artwork (The Last Zombie Supper) | Horror School

Old 02-28-2013, 02:17 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,871,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Where the hell is your chair??

On a more serious note, I thank you for taking the time to clean your desks, vacuum the carpet and organize the wiring, etc. to make your pictures look really nice but I am not buying, that is not how your PC desk always looks!

Where is the box of Kleenex and the bottle of hand lotion?
haha! This pic was taken after I put everything together, but it usually really does look like that, maybe some girl scout cookies chilling in the back or something though

Old 03-01-2013, 03:03 PM

8,332 posts, read 13,472,237 times
Quote:
haha! This pic was taken after I put everything together, but it usually really does look like that, maybe some girl scout cookies chilling in the back or something though
I try to keep it clean too but it is impossible, within a few days it looks close to the pic plwhit posted!

I find it amazing to have such a clean desk, no paper/notepad, no pens, removable media of any kind, no wires, it just baffles me since it doesn't look realistic.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:21 PM

19,734 posts, read 20,281,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I try to keep it clean too but it is impossible, within a few days it looks close to the pic plwhit posted!

I find it amazing to have such a clean desk, no paper/notepad, no pens, removable media of any kind, no wires, it just baffles me since it doesn't look realistic.
Maybe he has OCD lol. So in that case, it would be perfectly normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers