Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Columbus ever be the largest metro in Ohio?
Yes (definitely) 68 51.13%
No (never) 25 18.80%
Maybe 40 30.08%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 06:21 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Great questions! I dont have too many answers except c-bus boosters arent exactly logical in their lopsided, cherrypicked data where they try and show that c-bus is the next chicago rising out of the cornfields complete with server farms and strip malls.
it's honestly a suburban/exurban hellscape more and more. You don't have to go very far from the core center of the city. It's a shame how much old agricultural land has been destroyed and replaced with McMansions, fast food chains, and the strip malls etc and passed off as a good thing that people brag about online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2023, 08:29 AM

204 posts, read 71,838 times
Columbus may or may not become the state's largest metro, but we can be absolutely sure that it will continue to play a massive role living rent free in the heads of many of the posters here.

Good lord.

Old 08-15-2023, 09:17 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech14 View Post
Columbus may or may not become the state's largest metro, but we can be absolutely sure that it will continue to play a massive role living rent free in the heads of many of the posters here.

Good lord.
1 post eh. Interesting.

Old 08-15-2023, 09:37 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,232,680 times
Quote:

Good lord.
So I casually comment on a few entertaining booster posts and that's rent free space in my head...ok .sounds good to me ..:

Old 08-15-2023, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
1 post eh. Interesting.
Now 2. We all have to start somewhere.

Old 08-15-2023, 09:42 AM

Quote:
So I casually comment on a few entertaining booster posts and that's rent free space in my head...ok .sounds good to me ..:
Weird, I don't recall making that post as a specific reply to you, but you just kind of outed yourself there, didn't you. Main character syndrome?

Old 08-15-2023, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Weird, I don't recall making that post as a specific reply to you, but you just kind of outed yourself there, didn't you. Main character syndrome?
Ya...that and a crap load of cognitive dissonance trying to reconcile the reality of cbus contrasted against shameless boosterism...I'm enjoying the ride...lol

Old 08-15-2023, 10:09 AM

212 posts, read 198,914 times
Quote:
Ya...that and a crap load of cognitive dissonance trying to reconcile the reality of cbus contrasted against shameless boosterism...I'm enjoying the ride...lol
He says while being the most frequent poster on a Columbus forum

Old 08-15-2023, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I don't know man, I just read through a lot of this thread, and if there's a problem, the "shameless boosterism" is a very minor one. At least in terms of Columbus because there doesn't seem to be many people even from Columbus or many people saying anything positive about it. If anything, this is basically a booster thread for Middletown and Cleveland, which is strange given this isn't the forum for either of those cities.

Old 08-15-2023, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Father_McKenzie View Post
He says while being the most frequent poster on a Columbus forum
Quote:
I don't know man, I just read through a lot of this thread, and if there's a problem, the "shameless boosterism" is a very minor one. At least in terms of Columbus because there doesn't seem to be many people even from Columbus or many people saying anything positive about it. If anything, this is basically a booster thread for Middletown and Cleveland, which is strange given this isn't the forum for either of those cities.
What can I say, Im having fun over here...besides city-data is so dead these days at least theres a few folks on the cbus forums to banter with. Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus