Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 10:01 AM

87 posts, read 459,078 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: off topic, please discuss the topic, not other members
Anyhow, Pueblo isn't for everyone, that's for sure. I work in the Springs and I would not like to live there, it's what I moved away from back East. I look forward each day to coming home to Pueblo, where it's calmer and quieter (most days anyhow!). Pueblo is everything I wanted in the place I chose to call home and I'm proud to call it home.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 02-22-2009 at 10:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 10:23 AM

162 posts, read 631,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crematia View Post
Moderator cut: off topic, please discuss the topic, not other members
Anyhow, Pueblo isn't for everyone, that's for sure. I work in the Springs and I would not like to live there, it's what I moved away from back East. I look forward each day to coming home to Pueblo, where it's calmer and quieter (most days anyhow!). Pueblo is everything I wanted in the place I chose to call home and I'm proud to call it home.
To Crematia,

Your comment its very hateful to me and my learning disability "Dyslexia"! I cant stand people pt out my spelling and grammer mistake, and that is rude of them. We know pueblo is'nt for most everyone, and you live in a major city, Crematia!

Proleadership03

Old 02-22-2009, 10:31 AM

26,233 posts, read 49,112,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginhild View Post
I think Pueblo has a larger population than Boulder or Ft. Collins but it still gets no forum area!
Strictly because of the number of postings that each city gets. When it hits a certain threshold, the site owner will create a new sub-forum, not until then. More people post inquiries about Boulder and Fort Collins because people are interested in THOSE cities. People WANT to live there. I've been on this board for 3 years, almost since it began, and have seen very little interest in Pueblo other than those folks looking for the lowest housing costs along the Front Range or who want to be in a smaller town. That's it.

When there are enough threads about Pueblo and nearby areas like Canon City, Florence, Colorado City, etc, there "may" be a new forum, but it's up to the site owner and no one else. Pumping up the main Colorado forum with a lot of fluff threads on any town will not fool the owner into cranking up a new forum, he'll have the mods just merge/delete the fluff. The site owner is very aware of competing websites like the skyscraper forum where some of the same people are cranking out the same goofy boosterism. Honest info about a town is always welcome, endless gushing about a town is not.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:42 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,061,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Strictly because of the number of postings that each city gets. When it hits a certain threshold, the site owner will create a new sub-forum, not until then. More people post inquiries about Boulder and Fort Collins because people are interested in THOSE cities. People WANT to live there. I've been on this board for 3 years, almost since it began, and have seen very little interest in Pueblo other than those folks looking for the lowest housing costs along the Front Range or who want to be in a smaller town. That's it.

When there are enough threads about Pueblo and nearby areas like Canon City, Florence, Colorado City, etc, there "may" be a new forum, but it's up to the site owner and no one else. Pumping up the main Colorado forum with a lot of fluff threads on any town will not fool the owner into cranking up a new forum, he'll have the mods just merge/delete the fluff. The site owner is very aware of competing websites like the skyscraper forum where some of the same people are cranking out the same goofy boosterism. Honest info about a town is always welcome, endless gushing about a town is not.
In the meantime, I suggest the ignore feature.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:

You provide great pts about to many thread for city of pueblo, and we need to spead to other colorado community!

Old 02-22-2009, 10:48 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,485,939 times
Quote:

I have said this before and I will say it again I have no motive other then to talk about the city I love as I see a lot of negative talk in her about Pueblo so I feel that my city needs a positive voice. If we get a sub forum then great if not that's ok too.

I find that once people learn about Pueblo many actually consider moving here, that goes with companies as well. To be honest I am more concerned with that then if Pueblo gets a sub forum or not.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:01 AM

To many thread for pueblo in certain site, and skysraper forum have one thread for pueblo! I run main pueblo, and pueblo west myspace. My myspace just replace other city page, yet other city is not growing because mine!

We need to open one main pueblo thread or kept josseppie's Pueblo and Southern Colorado to be main thread for pueblo!

Old 02-22-2009, 11:26 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,326,448 times
Pueblo does not need it's own forum. Boulder and Fort Collins though-- especially the latter-- should be closed and merged with the general Colorado or Denver forum. Those two forums are lucky if they get one post a day. That is ridiculous. I, and I'm sure I speak for others too, don't even waste my time reading B & FC forums since there's hardly anyone posting on there anyway. The only time I ever look at those forums is when the most recent discussion topic looks interesting as it appears in the sub-forum header on the Colorado forum. As a result, a lot of potentially interesting discussions about those places get completely ignored. Rest assured, if you want Pueblo to be COMPLETELY ignored on this forum, the best way to achieve that would be giving it its own forum. So maybe in a sense it is a good idea.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:31 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,485,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Pueblo does not need it's own forum. Boulder and Fort Collins though-- especially the latter-- should be closed and merged with the general Colorado or Denver forum. Those two forums are lucky if they get one post a day. That is ridiculous. I, and I'm sure I speak for others too, don't even waste my time reading B & FC forums since there's hardly anyone posting on there anyway. The only time I ever look at those forums is when the most recent discussion topic looks interesting as it appears in the sub-forum header on the Colorado forum. As a result, a lot of potentially interesting discussions about those places get completely ignored. Rest assured, if you want Pueblo to be COMPLETELY ignored on this forum, the best way to achieve that would be giving it its own forum. So maybe in a sense it is a good idea.
Thats a good point and I seem to get the word out about Pueblo, well at least people on here tell me I do

BTW if you think I talk a lot about Pueblo now wait till the planned devlopments start this year... I will be beside my self on what to talk about what pictures of the new buidlings to post.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:40 PM

18,237 posts, read 25,894,159 times
There are a lot of blunt opinions here, which is why this is one of the better threads going in the Colorado forum. Here goes with mine.

This area was in a world of hurt around Spring or so of 1984. When CFI all but mothballed operations there, unemployment shot up to over 10% and stayed there for a long time. It always irritated me when I would hear left handed remarks about Pueblo and its unsightly steel mills and the coal plant east of town. This area had big problems. So the honchos rolled up their sleeves and went to work.

That's what blue collar people do, roll up their sleeves and go to work. Does Pueblo have problems? Yes. Do the powers to be know it? Yes. Like many cities of that size, they have problems with crime, schools, gangs, bringing industry to the area, etc.

I worked over two dozen years in power plant, commercial, and pipeline construction. On a pipeline job that started 40 miles southwest of Pueblo and went down deep into southeastern New Mexico. I got to know a lot of the union laborers out of the Pueblo local. A lot of them I befriended have passed on, but I still stay in contact with a couple of them 27 years after I met them. They are a couple of the most down to earth, honest people I know.

Unlike other front range cities, they don't get involved with uncontrollable, stupid growth. For all its faults, IMO it has more pluses than minuses. If I had to move back to the front range, hanging my hat in Pueblo would be fine by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado