Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 04:42 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,075,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I agree about the NFL to me that is and will always be the greatest sport in the world. I have season tickets for the Broncos and have been to both superbowls they won, back to back!.

That being said for Pueblo to have the 7th largest sport headquartered here is a feather in our cap that not many cities can say and I am proud of that.......

BTW proleadership is right Pueblo is a lot like Pittsburgh in fact that city is a model I think Pueblo would be smart to use for our growth....

7th largest sport? lol lol What's 8th? Ping pong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proleadership03 View Post
Both of us are Pittsburgh Steelers Fans, and you notice Pittsburgh & Pueblo have major relation with steel! Pueblo is one of the largest steel-producing cities in the United States; because of this Pueblo is referred to as the "Steel City." We Are Pittsburgh of the west! You need learn our history between the both cities!
You need to visit Pittsburgh before you EVEN try to compare the two. Pittsburgh was at one time, the largest steel producing city in the ENTIRE WORLD, and is KNOWN for it. Pueblo? I never even heard of it until I happen to drive thru it and stay a few days. That place is in no way, shape, or form, like Pittsburgh. Don't try and compare the two, it's silly for us who've actually been to both places.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:11 AM

162 posts, read 631,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
You need to visit Pittsburgh before you EVEN try to compare the two. Pittsburgh was at one time, the largest steel producing city in the ENTIRE WORLD, and is KNOWN for it. Pueblo? I never even heard of it until I happen to drive thru it and stay a few days. That place is in no way, shape, or form, like Pittsburgh. Don't try and compare the two, it's silly for us who've actually been to both places.
Quote:
Both of us are Pittsburgh Steelers Fans, and you notice Pittsburgh & Pueblo have major relation with steel! Pueblo is one of the largest steel-producing cities in the United States; because of this Pueblo is referred to as the "Steel City." We Are Pittsburgh of the west! You need learn our history between the both cities!
I never stated comparsion between cities and clearly stated the relationship between cities! I never visted that city, and to need understand our city history between both cities!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:59 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,485,939 times
Quote:
I think the 8th is hockey but not sure, the PBR is either right behind them or right in font of them in terms of popularity. Either way its a big deal that Pueblo has two events that are televised across the world for millions of people to see every year and one of those events a national finals!

As far as Pittsburgh all my point is Pueblo is like a "Minnie me" of Pittsburgh and in fact for years was known as "the Pittsburgh of the west" and in fact pueblo can lean a lot from that great city on how to develop in a great metro area!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:05 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,014,231 times
minn-mom3 wrote:
Can someone please give my family and I a recommendation for which town would be the best for us?
NO! That is something that comes from inside of you. My recommendation is to vist each place under consideration, talk to the local people, and get a personal feeling for each place. All we can give you on the forum is our opinions, which are likely to be different than you personal experience of being there.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:00 PM

18,050 posts, read 27,503,944 times
Good job, Cosmic. You get a cookie!

It also is an effective way to keep some of these bozos er!!!!! other posters' in here accounted for and off the streets and out of trouble... aka, it's good fun entertainment for some!

Old 02-23-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I think the 8th is hockey but not sure, the PBR is either right behind them or right in font of them in terms of popularity. Either way its a big deal that Pueblo has two events that are televised across the world for millions of people to see every year and one of those events a national finals!

As far as Pittsburgh all my point is Pueblo is like a "Minnie me" of Pittsburgh and in fact for years was known as "the Pittsburgh of the west" and in fact pueblo can lean a lot from that great city on how to develop in a great metro area!
My man, you REALLY need to take a flight to Pittsburgh is all I have to say! As far as hockey being 8th? It's safe to SAY that the NHL is BIGGER than PBR!

Old 02-23-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
My man, you REALLY need to take a flight to Pittsburgh is all I have to say! As far as hockey being 8th? It's safe to SAY that the NHL is BIGGER than PBR!
You are right I have wanted to visit that city for a long time. Maybe a better way of putting it is I see them as like Pueblo's mentor city, one we can learn from on what to do right.....

PBR has either passed hockey as the most watched sport or they are on the way to, keep in mind the PBR is seen in over 85 countries by over 100 million people and the NHL is mainly popular only in America. Either way not many cities can say they have a major sport headquartered in Pueblo and the only city in the state of Colorado....

Old 02-23-2009, 02:50 PM

15 posts, read 34,688 times
ok look i feel ya but you need to write something more exciting and something that PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE TO READ ABOUT!Moderator cut: don't comment on the spelling of other members please!

Last edited by katzenfreund; 02-23-2009 at 06:40 PM..

Old 02-23-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by your princess View Post
ok look i feel ya but you need to write something more exciting and something that PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE TO READ ABOUT!Moderator cut: don't comment on the spelling of other members please !.
Like what? Give me some examples and I would be more then happy to discuss them.....

Last edited by katzenfreund; 02-23-2009 at 06:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado