Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2013, 11:07 AM

977 posts, read 1,328,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
So you are saying the factor of 11 is wrong. Again let me just post what he said:

You know how you are always trying to latch on to some number and quote it a lot so Pueblo sounds impressive? You should latch on to this one. Unlike all the others you've invented, this one is true. If anyone questions you when you say Pueblo is expected to grow 11 times faster in the next 30 years than it did in the past 50, you can back it up with real math produced by professionals.

The math is 400,000 people for the county by 2040.
Yes, the factor of 11 is wrong. It was an off the cuff comment and the individual you are quoting would revise his statement once he realized that he was using city and county numbers for population growth instead of county and county numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 11:14 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,467,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Yes, the factor of 11 is wrong. It was an off the cuff comment and the individual you are quoting would revise his statement once he realized that he was using city and county numbers for population growth instead of county and county numbers.
Interesting. He specifically said I could say it and that I will. By doing so I do admit that Pueblo Springs will not add to the population growth though and that is ok as I do understand that now.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Interesting. He specifically said I could say it and that I will. By doing so I do admit that Pueblo Springs will not add to the population growth though and that is ok as I do understand that now.
If you keep on saying it, you'll be wrong. Now you can say that Pueblo will grow 4 times faster in the next 30 years than the last 50 years, which is pretty damn impressive. You can even tell people which datasets to look at if they question whether you are correct or not: the historical census data and State Demographic Office's population forecasts for Pueblo County.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
If you keep on saying it, you'll be wrong. Now you can say that Pueblo will grow 4 times faster in the next 30 years than the last 50 years, which is pretty damn impressive. You can even tell people which datasets to look at if they question whether you are correct or not: the historical census data and State Demographic Office's population forecasts for Pueblo County.
That is not what I was told. He specifically said that if anyone questions it just say Pueblo will grow 11 times more in the next 30 years then it did in the past 50. Now I know this is not a exact science, like information technology, so anything can happen and we won't know for sure till 2040. For example I wonder if they take into account the fact people will be living really long by then causing a lot more births then deaths? Anywho I plan on being around to see it and young enough to enjoy it.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
That is not what I was told. He specifically said that if anyone questions it just say Pueblo will grow 11 times more in the next 30 years then it did in the past 50. Now I know this is not a exact science, like information technology, so anything can happen and we won't know for sure till 2040. For example I wonder if they take into account the fact people will be living really long by then causing a lot more births then deaths? Anywho I plan on being around to see it and young enough to enjoy it.
I just showed you the proof where the factor of 11 came from and why it was incorrect due to the use of differing datasets. Its the exact same mathematical steps that were used by the individual to give you the incorrect factor, it's just that the correct datasets are used. Go ahead, work through it. Or have someone else check it out for you.

If you want to look ignorant by spouting the wrong numbers, than go ahead and do so. Just don't look to sheepish and immature when someone calls you on being wrong and your explanation is, "Well this is what I was told".

Old 10-29-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I just showed you the proof where the factor of 11 came from and why it was incorrect due to the use of differing datasets. Its the exact same mathematical steps that were used by the individual to give you the incorrect factor, it's just that the correct datasets are used. Go ahead, work through it. Or have someone else check it out for you.

If you want to look ignorant by spouting the wrong numbers, than go ahead and do so. Just don't look to sheepish and immature when someone calls you on being wrong and your explanation is, "Well this is what I was told".
Fine so you say that the city is going to grow about 2.5 times its current size by 2040 but not the county even though in the past 50 years the counties growth has outpaced the cities? I disagree with that but only time will tell who is right.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Fine so you say that the city is going to grow about 2.5 times its current size by 2040 but not the county even though in the past 50 years the counties growth has outpaced the cities? I disagree with that but only time will tell who is right.
No, I'm saying that the city and county will both grow but that the numbers that we are talking about are only reflective for the county as a whole. If you would look at the demographic website you will see that forecasts are not done at the municipal level, only at the county. As this is the case, only county population can be looked at and forecasted. The county is predicted to grow 4 times faster in the next 30 years versus the last 50 years. The city cannot be predicted because there are no forecast numbers done for the City of Pueblo.

Is this really that hard to understand?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
No, I'm saying that the city and county will both grow but that the numbers that we are talking about are only reflective for the county as a whole. If you would look at the demographic website you will see that forecasts are not done at the municipal level, only at the county. As this is the case, only county population can be looked at and forecasted. The county is predicted to grow 4 times faster in the next 30 years versus the last 50 years. The city cannot be predicted because there are no forecast numbers done for the City of Pueblo.

Is this really that hard to understand?
I was told 11 times faster in the next 30 years then it did in the past 50. Plus Pueblo county growing 2.5 times its current size (160,000 * 2.5 = 400,000) is not really that out of line with how the front range is expected to grow by 2040. We will find out though.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I was told 11 times faster in the next 30 years then it did in the past 50. Plus Pueblo county growing 2.5 times its current size (160,000 * 2.5 = 400,000) is not really that out of line with how the front range is expected to grow by 2040. We will find out though.
Once again, "Well, this is what I was told." is not exactly the response I would expect from a businessman with a couple of decades of experience who should be able to use deductive reasoning. If you can't back up your statement, than you are not going to come off as credible in the slightest. I gave you the correct factor, 4 times faster, with the data sources to back it up. Using this, you can say Pueblo is expected to grow 4 times faster in the next 30 years than it did in the past 50, and you can back it up with real math produced by professionals.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Once again, "Well, this is what I was told." is not exactly the response I would expect from a businessman with a couple of decades of experience who should be able to use deductive reasoning. If you can't back up your statement, than you are not going to come off as credible in the slightest. I gave you the correct factor, 4 times faster, with the data sources to back it up. Using this, you can say Pueblo is expected to grow 4 times faster in the next 30 years than it did in the past 50, and you can back it up with real math produced by professionals.
He said 11 times faster and I did the math. Well with some help as I made a error. We will find out in 2040 who is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado