Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 09:19 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
This came across my google alerts and I though it was cool so I decided to post it here.

A Pueblo company is going national. I hope they are successful because it would be nice to have another large national company located in Pueblo.

This is from PR Web:

The national franchise program for Solar Roast Coffee officially launched on January 9, 2013, when they unveiled their plans and unique solar-powered roasting opportunity to top franchise brokers around the country. The captivating story behind Solar Roast Coffee has now been rolled out to brokers and prospective franchisees throughout North America! Solar Roast Coffee has joined forces with Colorado Franchise Group to develop their franchise brand and broker the franchise.

The link: Tasty New Franchise Opportunity Brews In Pueblo, CO: Solar Roast Coffee = Smoother Coffee, Energy-Efficient Roasting And Successful Coffee Cafe Formula For Entrepreneurs Who Want A Business On The Upswing
More hyperbole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
World-Class Destination!

Old 02-23-2013, 12:00 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
More hyperbole.
Umm no. Pueblo is home to a few large companies including but not limited to:

The steel mill

The transportation and test center

Some banks are headquartered here

The Professional Bull Riders

So I would like it if a local company went national.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:32 PM

289 posts, read 776,187 times
Using solar panels to make coffee! Finally!!!! Someone in Pueblo thought outside the box and came up with a 21st century innovation!!!!! There is hope for mankind after all!!!!!!!

Bleh

Old 02-23-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Bound View Post
Using solar panels to make coffee! Finally!!!! Someone in Pueblo thought outside the box and came up with a 21st century innovation!!!!! There is hope for mankind after all!!!!!!!

Bleh
It might not be the most innovative company but if they are successful and go national with the corporate headquarters located in Pueblo I would be very happy.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:32 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Gotta say, solar powered coffee roasting sounds like an ill advised gimmick. Much of the PNW is socked in with clouds/rain for 8+ months per year, and we've seen countless posters on here from the upper midwest and new england who gripe about cloudy, gray winters. Even Pittsburgh'ers complain of the gray. Solar won't work well in those locales, not to mention that solar is not cheap to install and IIRC it may take many years to recoup the cost of them over and above the energy saved versus natural gas roasters. If the solar array is on the roof, how does one move it easily to a new location; you can do it easy with a gas powered roaster, especially if all it takes is a propane tank. I see too many drawbacks.

Reminds me too much of the dot com craze from 15 years ago, when people floated IPOs for "killer category" websites that sold nothing but socks on-line, or pet food, or panty hose, etc.

With the head start of Starkbucks, Pete's, Seattle's Best, Daz Bog, Dunkin Donuts, Folgers and others, they are really paddling upstream in spring runoff season. The coffee produced by these roasters is going to have to taste kickass good or it's belly up, and quickly, though a few hippie dippy towns might go for it. Wish them well.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Gotta say, solar powered coffee roasting sounds like an ill advised gimmick. Much of the PNW is socked in with clouds/rain for 8+ months per year, and we've seen countless posters on here from the upper midwest and new england who gripe about cloudy, gray winters. Even Pittsburgh'ers complain of the gray. Solar won't work well in those locales, not to mention that solar is not cheap to install and IIRC it may take many years to recoup the cost of them over and above the energy saved versus natural gas roasters. If the solar array is on the roof, how does one move it easily to a new location; you can do it easy with a gas powered roaster, especially if all it takes is a propane tank. I see too many drawbacks.

Reminds me too much of the dot com craze from 15 years ago, when people floated IPOs for "killer category" websites that sold nothing but socks on-line, or pet food, or panty hose, etc.

With the head start of Starkbucks, Pete's, Seattle's Best, Daz Bog, Dunkin Donuts, Folgers and others, they are really paddling upstream in spring runoff season. The coffee produced by these roasters is going to have to taste kickass good or it's belly up, and quickly, though a few hippie dippy towns might go for it. Wish them well.
I think its a combination of the solar and the recipes they have as people seem to love their coffee. The restaurant is always busy and people buy it and send it all over.

As far as solar its not as expensive as you think and getting cheaper every day. That is why companies like this are moving towards solar.

This is a article on how solar is becoming cheaper:

It's a horrible paradox that bad things are generally cheaper: Like Big Macs. Or H&M. Top of this list, of course, is coal power, which is really quite horrible for the planet but is also deliciously cheap to produce. We are, if nothing else, a bottom-line driven society. Besides the rarefied few of us who are willing to drop more money on organic food and clean power just because it's the right thing to do, most people--out of necessity--are going to gravitate toward the cheapest and easiest option. Coal power is so cheap, it's what the power company supplies without you asking. Sign me up! But now, according to new predictions from Bloomberg New Energy Finance, solar power is going to be the wallet-friendly option as soon as 2013. This is faster than was originally thought. For instance, the Bush administration set a goal for this to occur by 2015, and others predicted that as well. Two years ahead of schedule on creating an entirely new cost-efficient and clean power source is really not too shabby.

The link: http://www.fastcompany.com/1745113/w...wer-cheap-coal

Old 02-23-2013, 06:39 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
I drove by the place the other day and something smelled good. If the coffee tastes good, that's all I care about.

I hate Starbucks coffee and I hate that other Seattle garbage. I'd rather drink Folger's Columbian brand than that stuff. I also like Dunkin' Donuts coffee but won't spend 16 bucks per pound either. I'd spend 30 for Jamaica Blue, but haven't seen it for a while.

Oh, a new motto of mine, "Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks."

Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM

Talking Colorado Experiance: Pueblo

For anyone who would like a hisoty lesson on Pueblo and the impact the flood of 1921 had there is a good show on Rocky Mountain PBS tonight.

This is from Rocky Mountain PBS:

In the early 20th century, Pueblo was a leading industrial and social center in Colorado, with companies like Colorado Fuel and Iron playing a major role in this boom. However, Pueblo suffered a devastating setback when the flood of 1921 destroyed roughly one-third of the downtown businesses. To learn more about the flood and other events in Pueblo's history, watch Colorado Experience "Pueblo Border Wars" this Thursday at 7PM on Rocky Mountain PBS.

I have always said that the flood of 1921 had a devastating impact on Pueblo and this show backs up what I have been saying.

Here is a preview from youtube:

Last edited by Josseppie; 04-11-2013 at 10:24 AM..

Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 PM

802 posts, read 984,096 times
ok, Joss, I'm sold on Pueblo. I'm moving there to set up a starving artist colony. That always seems to bring tourism and economic development and overpopulation with it. I think our first public art piece will have a theme involving mountain streams, ditches, reservoirs, aquifers and bluegrass lawns. lol

...guess I better add a flood in the art piece. it's too sad to leave out.

After returning to the start of this thread to review four years of postings, Pueblo looks even better as a big art project. Themes like "The Paving of the West" and "The Front Range Disease" and "The Vanishing Landscape" and "Sprawl Run Amuck" arise. The city is ripe for an underground newspaper, picket lines, investigative journalism, and general counter-cultural activities. What a place!

Last edited by highplainsrus; 04-11-2013 at 10:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado