Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 01:47 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,277,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I think there will be some bigger programs that go after Herman.

If Strong doesn't win about 8-9 games at Tejas this year, Herman will be at the top of the wanted listed.
No doubt about that. Last year he turned USC (Carolina) and I believe Mizzou. He interviewed at Georgia. However, I hate to say it, but I would imagine UT, LSU, and especially Ohio State (when Urban retires) are likely landing spots. But Herman does get a massive bonus if UH goes P-5, and UH was somehow able to keep him another year on an AAC budget. So hopefully he stays a few more years.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:20 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,366,251 times
It would be a miracle if Herman took the Baylor job. Why would he even consider stepping into that dumpster fire? If he repeats his success this year he will write his ticket at Houston, or go to a bigtime P5 program.

Charley ain't going anywhere, I'd be safe sayin'.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:13 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,569,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Yes, we know Baylor is the oldest school in Texas. One would think with that long religious moral superority experience they could've avoided such pervasive corruption in the BoR, the administration, and the athletic department.

Yes, Baylor has (& had) traditions - some of which belong in the 19th century, some pretty good ones too. Unfortunately it now looks like the tarp tradition will make a comeback.

Those comments on Briles' reputation aren't restricted to just Shaggy or the other Texas boards. Peterson warned him about that player, and Briles flat out lied in response when it came out. Peterson has a respected rep, unlike Art. And what happened to his vow to fight to "clear his name"? He gouged the school for millions & ran instead. So much for his reputation, and the BoR let him do it because the PH report they are hiding had to be much more damning than has been revealed.

I am well aware a good number of Baylor exes & fans are as outraged as those who have been watching.

But where are their petitions, demonstrations, & alumni media campaigns calling for a complete & open cleanup of the sordid characters who covered up and continue to coverup the criminal activity?

Why are the remaining coaches who enabled and/or participated in the coverup still employed?

Why has the Big12 been forced by the recalcitrant Baylor BoR to publically repeat its request for all information (sans individual student names) in the PH report?

Criminal activities & scandals by one conference member is the business of all nine other members, as it affects the entire conference.

Their clumsy & ill-advised behavior thus far has attracted the attention of the NCAA and the DoJ and destroyed the school's reputation. That cannot be good news for the Good Old Baylor Line and will take years to regain.

Pretty sad, and it has also brought much embarrassment to the Big12 just like SMU did to the SWC. Plus it is going to cost the school many millions and might jeopardize its financial situation, what with the recent capital expenditures.

But the entire blame rests within McClennan County and nowhere else.
Which one is "Peterson"? Assuming you meant Patterson, how did he "warn him about that player"? A living legend of Texas high school football coaches didn't have a "well respected reputation"? Thats news to me.. What do you mean "what happened to his vow to clear his name"? Did you miss the part where he sued the school for wrongful termination and the school paid him millions of dollars? Or maybe you expect him to comment on the situation after the fact, as if there isn't a non disclosure agreement attached to the settlement..

The remaining coaches are probably still there because the school didn't have enough evidence to fire them, and wanted to avoid even more wrongful termination suits..?

I couldn't answer that.. the BOR is incompetent and seemingly corrupt. It would be nice to see most of the BOR get replaced.

Did the Penn State scandal affect the Big 10?

"Destroyed the schools reputation"? Lulz.. Maybe on the football field. Have academics fallen off? Did Baylor graduates suddenly stop getting hired?

Im not sure how the Big 12 has been "embarrassed"? How has the Big 10 been doing after arguably the biggest scandal in NCAA history a few years back?

The last part we can both agree on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
I know BaylorFans isn't representative of all Baylor fans.

But for those who don't know what we're talking about when we say that place is a cesspool, here's a comment on BaylorFans from when the rape talk was going on.

That comment is disgusting enough on it's own. But when you look at who the person is...

There are a lot more comments from BaylorFans i found in images from ShaggyTexas, but i'm not gonna show them here.
Of course BaylorFans isnt representative of all Baylor fans/alumni/students.. But when have y'all said BF is a cesspool? Perhaps you're getting confused with the comment I made about Shaggy being a cesspool of bigoted Texas fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Wow. Another post linked from the bigoted cesspool that is ShaggyTexas.
But as with most homeristic university football message boards, I think we can agree neither are really representative of most sensible fans/alumni/students.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Now Baylor fans are claiming Tom Herman is a package deal with Mack Rhodes since the two of them were supposedly best buds at UH. This would have been a lateral move at best even pre-scandal. I swear this script just writes itself.
Yeah its an interesting assumption that I've questioned as well.. Im not sure why Herman would have a better relationship with the person who was his AD for a few months vs the people he still works under at UH. Though I don't see how Herman to Baylor would be a "lateral move at best" (especially "pre-scandal")? The Big 12 is a Power 5 conference if you're not aware. Baylor has some of the best athletic facilities in the country (surely Herman doesn't want to coach in a glorified high school stadium for very long). Then there is the money factor.. Herman could be making twice as much a year at Baylor vs what he earns at UH. Briles was the third highest paid FBS coach during the 2014-2015 season, behind only Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh, earning $5,941,619.

Quote:
It would be a miracle if Herman took the Baylor job. Why would he even consider stepping into that dumpster fire? If he repeats his success this year he will write his ticket at Houston, or go to a bigtime P5 program.

Charley ain't going anywhere, I'd be safe sayin'.
Why would it be a miracle if Herman took the Baylor job? As for why he would consider it, there are nearly 6 million reasons I can think of..

Old 07-15-2016, 01:27 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,277,353 times
^^^ UH has a much heigher ceiling than Baylor. Remember it's politics (Ann Richards, Lt Bullock) that got Baylor into the Big 12 in the first place. UT (yes the Horns ran the show in 1996) originally said just UT and A&M to the new Big 12 but had to backpedal when Bullock made threats. Now once Baylor was a BCS school, they received about 10-15 times the yearly revenue that UH did. Even when Baylor was winless they got 10-15 times more yearly revenue than UH. For 20 years. And that's not counting for when UT pulled down those BCS bowl games that paid a gazillion dollars to the whole conference. That is why Baylor has the nice facilities. UH has to do it the hard way, but look at what is happening. UH just pulled a few kids from TCU and A&M, and the OU-UH game is now being touted as having playoff implications - for both teams. Schools like Baylor better hope UH doesn't go P-5 where they have an -equal- opportunity to compete... i.e... a level playing field. And don't forget UH has wealthy alums, too. Tillman was quoted as saying "If Herman leaves, it won't be for the money." That's why Herman going to Baylor would be lateral, or even a step down considering the momentum UH has right now.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:18 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,516,517 times
I think most of the Big XII Membership would swap out Houston for Baylor in a heartbeat given all the negativity surrounding Fighting Baptist U.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I think most of the Big XII Membership would swap out Houston for Baylor in a heartbeat given all the negativity surrounding Fighting Baptist U.
That could happen if all the dirt they are deliberately hiding is exposed to the light of day, and if some of the culprit assistant coaches continue to be employed.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:43 AM

Speaking of all this scandal, why is Joe Mixon still on the OU football team, and why are the Norman authorities covering up the video of his brutal assault of a female student (Amelia Molitor)? How he avoided jail is a stain on the local judicial system too. That POS wouldn't be playing for Charley no matter how good he is.

Just sayin'

Amelia Molitor:

Old 07-17-2016, 08:55 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,516,517 times
Quote:
Speaking of all this scandal, why is Joe Mixon still on the OU football team, and why are the Norman authorities covering up the video of his brutal assault of a female student (Amelia Molitor)? How he avoided jail is a stain on the local judicial system too. That POS wouldn't be playing for Charley no matter how good he is.

Just sayin'

Amelia Molitor:
Good call. Many Sooner fans I know (i.e. old guard, old bunch) wanted him gone. Seems like some of the younger fans feel like he served his time.

My understanding is that a judge sealed the video. I've also heard that the young lady has not wanted the video to go public either.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:28 PM

Saw this today on the TCU board:
Quote:
It is July 18, and Baylor continues to employ all of the rape-enabling assistants and the perjurious Title 9 coordinator who, under oath, falsely claimed that a rape victim fellated the rapist, when in fact the victim was raped, as well as a team chaplain that did not report rape and, in fact testified AGAINST the rape victim.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:56 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,553,551 times
Pretty sad state of affairs when we spend the off season arguing about which team has the most A&B or which coach knew about sex abuse or domestic abuse.

I had to LOL at the comment about such and such team was full of rapists. Or was that on another thread.

I guess sexual assault is old news. This article below is from 2013.

http://www.motherjones.com/media/201...jameis-winston

I liked the good old days when we talked about Coach Bob Stoops falling off his wallet.

Last edited by _redbird_; 07-18-2016 at 02:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football