Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 04:00 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,516,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Baylor football player arrested on stalking charge - WacoTrib.com: Higher Education

At least they got him before he did anything, so progress has been made...I guess.
Grobe to Players: "Hey guys, let's cool our jets for a bit. Let's make sure that we don't make any negative headlines for a while. Let's clean up our behavior by respecting young women."

Baylor Player: "Sure thing, coach. I just need to finish stalking my ex-girlfriend then we'll be good to go."

Old 08-04-2016, 09:07 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,366,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Yeh, I read the article about the Waco DA. Crazy stuff.

Perhaps most damning is the part of the article which explains why Baylor legal counsel mandated no note taking during Pepper Hamilton's presentation with the regents. The note taking was withheld with the express purpose of keeping victims and their legal counsel access to depositions and other pertinent documents. In other words, to make filing a lawsuit and seeing it through to its logical conclusion a much more difficult proposition.

Eliminate the paper trail and save the money; and, by extension, stifle the justice that the victims deserve. Fighting Baptist U. truly is one of a kind, not in a good way.

The no paper trail methodology is enough for the NCAA to get involved and deal a death penalty.

Here's another article explaining the dangerous culture at Fighting Baptist U.: https://theringer.com/baylors-proble...bbf#.suw262hpn
Every step Baylor has taken and continues to take is for the purpose of holding the team & coaching staff together so they can continue to win games, keep the &&& flowing, and to suppress how the assistant coaches & staff actively prevented the victims from seeking justice & resolution. There is no other explanation.
They are an embarrassment to their university, fans, the Big 12, and to Christians.
Football has overridden the mission of Baylor University.

Whether or not the NCAA, the Big 12, and the DoJ are going to do anything about it remains to be seen. The university itself isn't going to come clean, that's for sure. They just want it all to go away.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:55 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,390,345 times
Baylor offensive lineman Rami Hammad accused last fall of sexually assaulting student, violating a university-issued no contact order

Quote:
The only communication the woman had with Baylor after the hearing came in a Nov. 12 email from Baylor Chief Judicial Officer Bethany McCraw, the woman told Outside the Lines. The email, reviewed by Outside the Lines, stated the woman needed to start taking a certain exit from a science building to avoid coming in contact with Hammad. It also stated that if the woman needed to access any building on campus where she did not have a scheduled class, or outside of her scheduled class time, that she must email McCraw at least 24 hours ahead of time to get her approval.

"I never got a result from the trial, and now I'm being told how to exit the building as if I'm the one who's being charged?" she said. "I felt like I was being punished and treated like a criminal."

She reached out to Title IX Coordinator Patty Crawford, who was out of the office that day, "and then I emailed every single person who works for Ken Starr listed on his website, and I told them I was disgusted with Baylor." She said no one responded to the email.

She said she called the Title IX office a few days later and complained about the email from McCraw to the person who answered the phone -- whose name she did not recall -- and also asked about the trial. She said she was told, "We can't disclose what happened at the trial to you."
What the hell is there even left to say about this anymore?

Old 08-04-2016, 05:51 PM

All these alleged victims are lying, don't you see? And school officials did everything they could to keep all students safe.

But anyone who engages in underage drinking, dressing in a sinful manner, and flirting with a football player was just asking to be raped. as a result, the alleged intercourse was undoubtedly consensual - which is another student handbook rule violation - but only for the sluts.... uh, females involved. So the verdict is: The accuser must do community service, go on campus probation, and her parents notified of her slutty behavior.

It's the Baylor way - as demonstrated for the past 5 years.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:29 PM

Baylor, Briles file motions to dismiss Title IX lawsuit - WacoTrib.com: Higher Education

Old 08-08-2016, 04:17 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,569,696 times
Some of the people constantly trying to slander Baylor should definitely give this a read..

Why I chose Baylor despite the 'Baylor Scandal' | NCAA Football | Sporting News

Old 08-09-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Some of the people constantly trying to slander Baylor should definitely give this a read..

Why I chose Baylor despite the 'Baylor Scandal' | NCAA Football | Sporting News

Slander? Is the school going to sue the rape victims next? Sue the PH investigators the BoR hired?
Baylor bears the entire responsibility for their rape & ensuing cover up scandal. Nobody but themselves. And since they refuse to come clean about what they did, they will deserve every bit of criticism directed at them. Is the school going to sue the rape victims next?

Quote:
Baylor still maintains good character — there are some repairs that need to be made, but no one and nothing is perfect. Baylor’s efforts to educate the community and willingness to admit mistakes is after the fact, but better late than never.
The issues with Baylor’s Title IX office needed to be addressed with regard to its approach to sexual violence on campus. If there is a process in place for students to reach out to the administration for help, it should work. Sexual violence survivors must always feel they have the necessary support from the proper channels.
For an intelligent young lady, she is quite naïve. The Title IX office support seems to consist of "take a different route to class to avoid your stalker who has already violated a court order". The Athletic department didn't even answer the phone when the latest case called for help ..... 5 weeks ago.

She also doesn't seem to understand that assistant coaches who actively participated in the cover up & suppression of evidence are still on the payroll - all of them. Plus the Title IX official who lied about one of the victims in court, that person should be indicted on criminal charges just like the coaches who suppressed the victims. It will be interesting to see what happens when the real law enforcement investigators find whenever the full PH report is made public. You know it has to be very bad because of the great panicky lengths the school is going through to keep the details secret. It is all about football and money to them, and everybody outside Waco that is following the scandal knows it.

"Good character" - that has to be a joke, and I do feel sorry for the students, staff, & alums who are outraged at their school's awful missteps that continue to make those involved look guilty as sin. We will see how the discovery goes in the lawsuits. Those victims have more courage than any of the Baylor administration, BoR, and football staff have shown.

Last edited by ScoPro; 08-09-2016 at 04:27 PM..

Old 08-10-2016, 05:52 AM

https://twitter.com/JasonKingBR/stat...79807874031617

Art, you're a delusional moron.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:22 AM

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/...21164865499136

Old 08-17-2016, 05:10 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football