Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2016, 12:34 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,390,185 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/mark_schlabach/s...55048415895552

Old 07-08-2016, 12:06 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,363,962 times
Saw this interesting comment about Briles' reputation in the Big !2:

Quote:
All B12 coaches knew it but Patterson was the only one to speak up about it, mainly because of the Dixon incident. All B12 fans who watched them play knew they were out of control and willing to take cheap shots. MSU talked about it after their bowl game with Baylor. There has been grumbling about Briles being a dirty recruiter since before he went to Baylor, and the steroid tumors from his HS days don't seem to go away.

What Stewart Mandel wrote about Texas fans being happy about all this betrayed the fact that he has not been following B12 football too closely. ALL fanbases hated Art Briles, not just Texas, because it was obvious that something rotten was going on, not because of his success on the field. B12 fans don't hate Bill Snyder. Nobody hated Mangino for making KU relevant for a bit. Hats off all around for what Gary Pinkel and Mike Leach accomplished. We all think highly of the job Gary Patterson has done, despite the belly sweat.

It was Art Briles. The man is a subhuman piece of filth that should no longer be allowed to set foot in any college campus, anywhere.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:14 PM

Baylor down to 70 scholarship players, has 12 remaining in 2016 class - WacoTrib.com: Baylor Bears Football

Old 07-09-2016, 10:58 AM

Q&A: Baylor Bears commit DB Jalen Pitre on staying loyal - On The Trail- ESPN

Old 07-09-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Pitre: I just feel like, it’s … it’s not really good. But I really don’t believe some of the stuff that’s been coming out. That’s why I’m really sticking with them and I still believe in them. I just see it as a minor setback to a major comeback. Baylor is so rich in tradition* and they have the juice* to get the players they need back.

Maybe Pitre ought to talk to some of the student victims about staying loyal to a program that cast them aside like sinful rubbish.

* lol

** Bad choice of words kid. And no they don't,

Old 07-10-2016, 12:36 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,569,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Saw this interesting comment about Briles' reputation in the Big !2:
Thats an interesting opinion. I can't say I'm surprised at the bias and slander, given the comment being posted on shaggy. So a player got ejected for targeting.. That happens everywhere. Gary Patterson always finds a way to whine/complain about something, especially if his team loses. How is Briles a "dirty recruiter"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Maybe Pitre ought to talk to some of the student victims about staying loyal to a program that cast them aside like sinful rubbish.

* lol

** Bad choice of words kid. And no they don't,
Lol, a few people out of a 16,000 person student body. Thats totally a good example of how Baylor treats their students..

Whats so funny about Baylor traditions? You act like a university thats older than the state of Texas doesn't have traditions..

How is "juice" a bad choice of words? Surely you're not trying to associate his comment with this ridiculous nonsense of trying to somehow link the prevalent use of steroids amongst high school football players to Art Briles..

Old 07-10-2016, 07:28 PM

Yes, we know Baylor is the oldest school in Texas. One would think with that long religious moral superority experience they could've avoided such pervasive corruption in the BoR, the administration, and the athletic department.

Yes, Baylor has (& had) traditions - some of which belong in the 19th century, some pretty good ones too. Unfortunately it now looks like the tarp tradition will make a comeback.

Those comments on Briles' reputation aren't restricted to just Shaggy or the other Texas boards. Peterson warned him about that player, and Briles flat out lied in response when it came out. Peterson has a respected rep, unlike Art. And what happened to his vow to fight to "clear his name"? He gouged the school for millions & ran instead. So much for his reputation, and the BoR let him do it because the PH report they are hiding had to be much more damning than has been revealed.

I am well aware a good number of Baylor exes & fans are as outraged as those who have been watching.

But where are their petitions, demonstrations, & alumni media campaigns calling for a complete & open cleanup of the sordid characters who covered up and continue to coverup the criminal activity?

Why are the remaining coaches who enabled and/or participated in the coverup still employed?

Why has the Big12 been forced by the recalcitrant Baylor BoR to publically repeat its request for all information (sans individual student names) in the PH report?

Criminal activities & scandals by one conference member is the business of all nine other members, as it affects the entire conference.

Their clumsy & ill-advised behavior thus far has attracted the attention of the NCAA and the DoJ and destroyed the school's reputation. That cannot be good news for the Good Old Baylor Line and will take years to regain.

Pretty sad, and it has also brought much embarrassment to the Big12 just like SMU did to the SWC. Plus it is going to cost the school many millions and might jeopardize its financial situation, what with the recent capital expenditures.

But the entire blame rests within McClennan County and nowhere else.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:47 PM

I know BaylorFans isn't representative of all Baylor fans.

But for those who don't know what we're talking about when we say that place is a cesspool, here's a comment on BaylorFans from when the rape talk was going on.

That comment is disgusting enough on it's own. But when you look at who the person is...

There are a lot more comments from BaylorFans i found in images from ShaggyTexas, but i'm not gonna show them here.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:12 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,276,599 times
Now Baylor fans are claiming Tom Herman is a package deal with Mack Rhodes since the two of them were supposedly best buds at UH. This would have been a lateral move at best even pre-scandal. I swear this script just writes itself.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:04 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,515,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Now Baylor fans are claiming Tom Herman is a package deal with Mack Rhodes since the two of them were supposedly best buds at UH. This would have been a lateral move at best even pre-scandal. I swear this script just writes itself.
I think there will be some bigger programs that go after Herman.

If Strong doesn't win about 8-9 games at Tejas this year, Herman will be at the top of the wanted listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football