Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the Nat'l Championship?
Notre Dame 14 17.07%
Alabama 68 82.93%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,455,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, the NCAA did the equivalent of a full body cavity search on Auburn during the Cam Newton investigation and found nothing.
Even if they did, would they really of pulled Newton and everyone involved from the Natty that year (ie when the "conclusion" came out)? This would have left a crippled Auburn playing a super loaded Oregon. There would go advertising in the biggest game. It would have costed the NCAA tons of money. When it comes to NCAA's money, trust me they are looking the other way.

Newton Sr was guilty of it. Are we really to believe Cam had no clue of this... I call bull on it.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,202,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Here are the final BCS fan rankings on ESPN:

1.Oregon

2.Stanford

3.Kansas State

4.Alabama

5.Notre Dame

6.Florida

7.Georgia

8.Oregon St.

9.Texas A&M

10.LSU

11.UCLA

12.South Carolina

13.Oklahoma

14.Florida State

15.Ohio State

16.Clemson

17.Nebraska

18.Northern Illinois

19.Boise State

20.Michigan

21.Northwestern

22.Louisville

23.Utah State

24.Texas

25.Wisconsin

Rank 'Em: College football Top 25 - SportsNation - ESPN
Do you realize your link goes to an article dated Dec. 2, before any bowls were played????

Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,202,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Hey I'm not going to hide. Notre Dame just got outclassed last night and there is no way around that. Whatever Brian Kelly did with the team over the past 40 days he should do the opposite next time because we weren't ready and Alabama was. Oh well these things happen and I'm not sure any team in the country could have stopped Alabama last night. Our defensive front seven is one of the best in the country and their offensive line made them look like rag dolls. It was an uncharacteristically sloppy performance from our defense with more missed tackles in the first half than we probably had all season.

By the way, the SEC had NOTHING to do with what went down last night. Alabama didn't win because they are in a conference with Georgia, Auburn, Florida, etc. They won because they were the better team. I congratulate Alabama but the rest of the SEC...what are you so happy about? You're in the same boat with Notre Dame and the rest of college football: looking up at Alabama.
I agree the SEC had nothing per se do with ND's beat down last night. ND played Alabama, not a conference.

But I think what we saw was that your front seven is not, nor was ever, one of the best in the country. They didn't just forget to eat breakfast yesterday. They were weaker, man for man, than Alabama. Kelly basically said so. Alabama didn't use trickery to beat ND. They just knocked each guy out of the way. And when your guys got their hands on Lacy, they couldn't bring him down. Your DBs and safeties weren't remotely close to an Alabama receiver all night. ND needs to get back in the weight room and work harder.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I agree the SEC had nothing per se do with ND's beat down last night. ND played Alabama, not a conference.

But I think what we saw was that your front seven is not, nor was ever, one of the best in the country. They didn't just forget to eat breakfast yesterday. They were weaker, man for man, than Alabama. Kelly basically said so. Alabama didn't use trickery to beat ND. They just knocked each guy out of the way. And when your guys got their hands on Lacy, they couldn't bring him down. Your DBs and safeties weren't remotely close to an Alabama receiver all night. ND needs to get back in the weight room and work harder.
Totally agree. Last night wasn't ND being sloppy or playing a bad game. It was Alabama dominating them on every play, both sides of the ball.
Lacey grabbing a defender and throwing him to the ground during a run was unbelievable:

I did feel bad for Te'o. He had been hyped all week, and he was completely shut down last night. He seemed like a nice guy, I hated for him to end his college career like that.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:48 PM

7,598 posts, read 6,098,401 times
I'll pick Alabama in a total blowout.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:57 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,522,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
And Texas... and USC... and pretty much any SEC school not named Vanderbilt or Kentucky.
And Oklahoma and Florida St.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:31 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,604,345 times
Manti Te'o got his ***** handed to him so bad, McCarron's girlfriend is now a bigger star than him: AJ McCarron's girlfriend, Katherine Webb, in spotlight after BCS title game - ESPN

Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,317,668 times
I didn't like the way the announcers kept talking about "Johnny Football". Yes, he is good, but it wasn't his night.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Totally agree. Last night wasn't ND being sloppy or playing a bad game. It was Alabama dominating them on every play, both sides of the ball.
Lacey grabbing a defender and throwing him to the ground during a run was unbelievable:

I did feel bad for Te'o. He had been hyped all week, and he was completely shut down last night. He seemed like a nice guy, I hated for him to end his college career like that.
I felt like it showed the lack of talent that ND had played so far, and it really exposed ND's so called great defense.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

2015 can't get here soon enough....
No, it can't. RTR!!!! We are going to be good next year too. AJ, Yeldon, Cooper, Mosley, and company will make sure of it. Also, everybody in the secondary except for Lester and Milliner will be back. Linebackers will all be back except for Nico Johnson. The defensive line will lose 2 out of 3 of our starters, but we have good depth there. Come on 2015; we will be ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football