Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 04:03 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,514,080 times

Advertisements

My Top 5 for Week #2 is the same as it was in Week #1.

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. USC
4. Oregon
5. Georgia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 06:06 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,281,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
You forgot Georgia Tech...

Georgia Tech is ranked #41, ranked above all their wins.
We were talking out of conference schedules. Yes, Va Tech beat Ga Tech, both schools are in the ACC

Old 09-15-2012, 03:00 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,281,075 times
Quote:
You forgot Georgia Tech...
And others have played great schedules... Oregon has played who? Texas has played who? What about LSU?
Oh and those that did play cupcakes, struggled to win... see Oklahoma, Stanford, all Big 10 schools, Florida...
Oh and those that did play cupcakes and lost... see Arkansas, Penn St

New staff, sanctions, etc and you thought they would beat an established, ranked team that did extremely well last season... ok buddy

And Virginia lost players too. But who won?

When they beat someone, please let me know.
Michigan - only win against #98 Air Force; smashed by Alabama
Michigan St - won against #93 Central Michigan and Boise St (who lost offensive coach and the whole entire team)
Wisconsin - only win in close win against FCS Northern Iowa; lost to #58 Oregon State
Nebraska - only win against #50 Southern Miss; lost to #38 UCLA
So that covers all the non-Ohio St teams who are suppose to be "Good"... Again, Ohio St and who?

Ohio St's wins for argument sakes... #89 Miami (OH) and #55 UCF

Back to the ACC Top 3...
Ball State is ranked #83, above both Air Force and Central Michigan.
Auburn is ranked #52, above Oregon State
Georgia Tech is ranked #41, ranked above all their wins.

Looks like I just did compare.

By the way, FSU was originally scheduled against West Virginia before they broke the agreement after all teams OOC were already scheduled.
Good thing you got your ACC chest thumping in last week. Va Tech going down in flames to Pitt. Maryland going down in flames to UConn (a program you ripped in another thread). North Carolina getting smoked by Louisville (it is early though).

If BC doesn't beat Northwestern, the ACC will be zero and four against the other BCS conferences on the day.

0-3 against the Big East? That would be a giant LOL after the ACC pimping you did last week.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:38 PM

922 posts, read 1,697,284 times
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:47 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtX4415 View Post

Awww Lord! Please tell me that is a practice or a photoshop.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:48 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,030,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtX4415 View Post

Miami has never been able to fill its 80,000 seat stadium with its 10,000 students. I remember watching Miami play back in its glory days in front of a half-filled stadium.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:05 PM

922 posts, read 1,697,284 times
Secondary for Texas is awful, defense as a whole is a work in progress.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:22 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Good thing you got your ACC chest thumping in last week. Va Tech going down in flames to Pitt. Maryland going down in flames to UConn (a program you ripped in another thread). North Carolina getting smoked by Louisville (it is early though).

If BC doesn't beat Northwestern, the ACC will be zero and four against the other BCS conferences on the day.

0-3 against the Big East? That would be a giant LOL after the ACC pimping you did last week.
Yeah so those teams didn't show up. I never said ACC top to bottom was a great conference. I just said better than Big 10. Thats it. The ACC only has 4 good teams this year (FSU, Clemson, VT, GT). FSU cruised. Clemson cruised. GT cruised. VT's offense is young and questionable and it showed today.

Speaking of the Big 10...
Since most of them played FCS opponents, no wonder some of them ended up winning some games. As to the others... Mich St went down. Indiana lost to Ball St. Ohio St almost lost to Cal. Wisconsin barely survived Utah St. Minnesota almost fell to Western Michigan. These almost losses aren't to great teams. Still not looking pretty over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel
Miami has never been able to fill its 80,000 seat stadium with its 10,000 students. I remember watching Miami play back in its glory days in front of a half-filled stadium.
Also it doesn't help that the new stadium is 21.3 miles away.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:41 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,773 times
Quote:
Yeah so those teams didn't show up. I never said ACC top to bottom was a great conference. I just said better than Big 10. Thats it. The ACC only has 4 good teams this year (FSU, Clemson, VT, GT). FSU cruised. Clemson cruised. GT cruised. VT's offense is young and questionable and it showed today.

Speaking of the Big 10...
Since most of them played FCS opponents, no wonder some of them ended up winning some games. As to the others... Mich St went down. Indiana lost to Ball St. Ohio St almost lost to Cal. Wisconsin barely survived Utah St. Minnesota almost fell to Western Michigan. These almost losses aren't to great teams. Still not looking pretty over there.

Also it doesn't help that the new stadium is 21.3 miles away.
The ACC is nowhere near the Big 10. In fact it is even worse than the Big E. How dare you criticize the Big 10 while promoting the ACC. If you want to say the Big 10 is not that good, but boost the SEC or Big 12 that would be ok, but to hype up the ACC and bash the Big 10 is unacceptable. The Big 10 is a whole division better than the ACC.

The ACC has 4 OK teams. I mean I guess compared to every NCAA school they are OK, but compared to the good schools they are slightly above average at the very best. At this point VT can not be called good after a loss to Pitt that was 0-2 to schools that are bad even by Big E standards. I would also call GT cand Clemson being good as questionable. FSU is not terrible but they are far from good In fact the only reason any ACC school is considered good is because the conference is full of cupcakes and gets 2 BCS bids. Only 4 teams are capable of winning it and these lose almost every year to other conferences, even to the Big E. It is because the conference is so bad the best school still suck but suck less.

The Big 10 went down to other conferences and not the ACC. At this point almost no division 1 conference will lose to an ACC team. The ACC is expanding rapidly to get a huge market so it can remain division despite its lack of football skills.

Miami was once a proud program until it joined the ACC and started sucking.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:02 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,889 times
CRAZY finish to that BYU-Utah game just now. First the put 1 second back on the clock, then the blocked field goal negated by the penalty for fans prematurely rushing the field, and then- off the post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football